beware your nemesis
Blizzard spoke with us recently about what separates the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition experience over the PC and spoke about platform differences. Click here!
inquiring minds
We chat with friend of the site Cameron Lee about Dragon Age Inquisition's endgame content, theorycrafting, tactical play and much more. Click here for our interview!
welcome to you're doom
AusGamers got a 15-minute live sneak-peek at the totally reimagined Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Read our in-depth first-look impressions right here!
highway to the danger zone
We caught up with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's game director, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz, to talk all things Witcher, monsters and open-world! Click here!
Post by Eorl @ 01:23pm 24/05/14 | 19 Comments
Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le, who is well know for getting a sneak peek behind the scenes at Valve, has confirmed that both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are in-development, which shouldn't come as a surprise to many.

According to games.on.net, Le revealed the juicy info on a Twitch interview with goRGNtv (skip ahead to 33:55). On the topic of Half-Life 3, Le stated that "there’s like a laser sight on my head right now! I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on.”
“And so if I were to say that yeah, I’ve seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn’t be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn’t surprise anyone if I said they’re doing it, they’re working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I’d say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3.”
Later on during the Twitch interview Le joked that "somebody's knocking on my door right now!" The news isn't exactly new either, the public has presumed the Half-Life developer was working on something, though more official confirmation is always a good thing.

In regards to Left 4 Dead 3, Le was rather straight forward, stating that “I saw it, it looks great.” He continued, saying that “I was really excited when I saw that, I was like ‘wow, this looks great’. Because I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn’t many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game.”

Of course, Valve hasn't officially come out and confirmed either titles, so for now contain yourselves as you wonder just what Gordon Freeman has really been up to on his hiatus.

Dazhel
Posted 01:30pm 24/5/14
2014 / 5 / 24 = 16.78333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

So... HL3 confirmed!!eleven11
HERMITech
Posted 01:58pm 24/5/14
L4D3

/droolszzzzzz
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:00pm 24/5/14
They have been working on Half Life 3 for almost as long as Duke Nukem Forever, lets hope it doesn't turn out the same.
RabidWeasel
Posted 02:03pm 24/5/14
I, for one, am shocked!
trog
Posted 02:28pm 24/5/14
I would not rate that as a confirmation
carson
Posted 03:34pm 24/5/14
Breaking News: The Eart Revolves Around The Sun! More at 11.
Enska
Posted 05:22pm 24/5/14
tbh more keen on seeing l4d3, been such a long time since hl2 that I kinda couldn't give a f***.
Pablitos Way
Posted 07:47pm 24/5/14

Agree, L4D series would have to be my favourite games of all time.
fryzeegunner
Posted 09:41pm 24/5/14
l4d3 stoked
joerocket10r
Posted 10:58am 25/5/14
l4d3 :) good times for all and can play evolve while we wait.
Mantorok
Posted 11:09am 25/5/14
Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years. It's been less than 7 years since Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
Posted 12:28pm 25/5/14

I hope hes got something else to fall back on that hes well known for, cos that was probably the last time he gets a sneak peek behind the scenes at Valve. Surely before he saw any of that he had to sign NDAs, which he has now broken.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:34pm 25/5/14

So far...
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 06:52pm 25/5/14
Am I the only one who didn't much like half life 2 beyond as a tech demo? I got episode 1 & 2 on sale and just... couldn't be bothered playing them for more than a minute.
Tepid
Posted 07:12pm 25/5/14
i feel the same way. HL1 on the other hand..... :D
TiT
Posted 02:48pm 26/5/14
TBH i am just looking forward to the engine they will be using. Hopefully can make some wicked DOD game again :)
ytime
Posted 03:02pm 26/5/14
I wish they'd go back to the original plan with L4D with an open world. Maybe a diablo map creator would solve the issue of players using the same route.
False_Alarm
Posted 04:07pm 26/5/14
It would be pretty dumb for Valve to not follow up on their flagship series, totally not surprised by the "confirmation".

I'm sure the next Half Life/L4D game will kick ass, given Valve's track record
max
Posted 12:39am 27/5/14
taking way tooo long valve! harry up before PC dies again...
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!