Cam Lee Inquisition
Dragon Age: Inquisition producer Cameron Lee has become a fixture here at AusGamers. The Aussie ex-pat took tie out of his Gamescom duties to chat with us again. Check it out!
Wrestling Time
We take a look at 2K Games' latest WWE contender and find out just what the game has in store for fans of the wrestling series. Click here for our full preview!
Resident Evil Within
The Evil Within is creeping up just around the release corner, so we decided to take a look back at Shinji Mikami's incredible Resident Evil 4. Click here for more!
handsome devil
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think. Read on for more!
Post by Eorl @ 01:23pm 24/05/14 | 19 Comments
Counter-Strike co-creator Minh Le, who is well know for getting a sneak peek behind the scenes at Valve, has confirmed that both Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 are in-development, which shouldn't come as a surprise to many.

According to games.on.net, Le revealed the juicy info on a Twitch interview with goRGNtv (skip ahead to 33:55). On the topic of Half-Life 3, Le stated that "there’s like a laser sight on my head right now! I don’t think I can talk about that, to be honest, but I think it’s kind of public knowledge, that people know that it is being worked on.”
“And so if I were to say that yeah, I’ve seen some images, like some concept art of it, that wouldn’t be big news to be honest. But yeah, I mean like I guess I could say that I did see something that looked kinda like in the Half-Life universe. And I mean it wouldn’t surprise anyone if I said they’re doing it, they’re working on it, yeah. So to go on a limb I’d say I did see some concept art for Half-Life 3.”
Later on during the Twitch interview Le joked that "somebody's knocking on my door right now!" The news isn't exactly new either, the public has presumed the Half-Life developer was working on something, though more official confirmation is always a good thing.

In regards to Left 4 Dead 3, Le was rather straight forward, stating that “I saw it, it looks great.” He continued, saying that “I was really excited when I saw that, I was like ‘wow, this looks great’. Because I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead, it was just one of those games that really just changed the industry. I think at the time there wasn’t many good co-op games, so yeah, this is a great co-op game.”

Of course, Valve hasn't officially come out and confirmed either titles, so for now contain yourselves as you wonder just what Gordon Freeman has really been up to on his hiatus.

Dazhel
Posted 01:30pm 24/5/14
2014 / 5 / 24 = 16.78333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

So... HL3 confirmed!!eleven11
HERMITech
Posted 01:58pm 24/5/14
L4D3

/droolszzzzzz
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:00pm 24/5/14
They have been working on Half Life 3 for almost as long as Duke Nukem Forever, lets hope it doesn't turn out the same.
RabidWeasel
Posted 02:03pm 24/5/14
I, for one, am shocked!
trog
Posted 02:28pm 24/5/14
I would not rate that as a confirmation
carson
Posted 03:34pm 24/5/14
Breaking News: The Eart Revolves Around The Sun! More at 11.
Enska
Posted 05:22pm 24/5/14
tbh more keen on seeing l4d3, been such a long time since hl2 that I kinda couldn't give a f***.
Pablitos Way
Posted 07:47pm 24/5/14

Agree, L4D series would have to be my favourite games of all time.
fryzeegunner
Posted 09:41pm 24/5/14
l4d3 stoked
joerocket10r
Posted 10:58am 25/5/14
l4d3 :) good times for all and can play evolve while we wait.
Mantorok
Posted 11:09am 25/5/14
Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years. It's been less than 7 years since Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
Posted 12:28pm 25/5/14

I hope hes got something else to fall back on that hes well known for, cos that was probably the last time he gets a sneak peek behind the scenes at Valve. Surely before he saw any of that he had to sign NDAs, which he has now broken.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 02:34pm 25/5/14

So far...
Nerf Stormborn
Posted 06:52pm 25/5/14
Am I the only one who didn't much like half life 2 beyond as a tech demo? I got episode 1 & 2 on sale and just... couldn't be bothered playing them for more than a minute.
Tepid
Posted 07:12pm 25/5/14
i feel the same way. HL1 on the other hand..... :D
TiT
Posted 02:48pm 26/5/14
TBH i am just looking forward to the engine they will be using. Hopefully can make some wicked DOD game again :)
ytime
Posted 03:02pm 26/5/14
I wish they'd go back to the original plan with L4D with an open world. Maybe a diablo map creator would solve the issue of players using the same route.
False_Alarm
Posted 04:07pm 26/5/14
It would be pretty dumb for Valve to not follow up on their flagship series, totally not surprised by the "confirmation".

I'm sure the next Half Life/L4D game will kick ass, given Valve's track record
max
Posted 12:39am 27/5/14
taking way tooo long valve! harry up before PC dies again...
Nickname
Email Address

If you already have an account, please login here

You need an account to participate on AusGamers.

This form will quickly create one for you - you will just need to confirm your email address by clicking on a link in an email that will get sent to you.

Your comments will be published once your email address has been confirmed.