We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Post by Dan @ 01:49pm 06/04/12 | 9 Comments
As expected, a whole stack of consumer-friendly news came out CD Projekt RED and GOG.com's live-streamed Spring Conference today, but none of the announcements were as quite as surprising as Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition and Heroes of Might and Magic V finding their way to the staunchly DRM-free GOG.com store.

With ubisoft's track-record of burdening their PC customers with some of the most intrusive copy-protection methods, it seems unfathomable that they would be the first major publisher to dip their toes into the waters of the incredibly customer-focused maverick Eastern European digital distributor that is GOG.com. Yet here they are, and even if it is with a pair of four-year-old games, at least it's a start.

Better still is that there are signs of more to come, with GOG's announcement signaling this as the start of of a greater "Premium Edition newer games" initiative.
You can expect immersing and unique gameplay experience dressed to kill now on GOG.com. Bundled into a Premium Edition with more than 250 minutes of soundtracks, an official artbook, wallpapers, avatars, design sketches, and more, its full price is $19.99, but you pick it up for a limited time together with our Heroes of Might and Magic V Bundle on a special introductory buy one, get one free sale!
Lets hope for more bigger and newer games to come.

goggog.comubisoftdrmassassins creed

Pirroh
Posted 02:11pm 06/4/12
Fallout is also currently free there too.
gamer
Posted 02:31pm 06/4/12
I purchased a copy of Heros of Might and Magic through steam on launch.

Had problems logging in.
Logged service call, 3 months of horror.
Logged a complaint with UBISOFT, 1 month of horror.
Logged a ACCC / Fair trading complaint with UBISOFT Australia
Ubisoft Australia, 2 days later sent me a brand new boxed copy of Heroes of Might and Magic which I can now play.

I purchased a copy of settlers, boxed copy.

UBISOFT servers were down for 48 hours over a weekend, I wasn't able to play at all during the whole weekend because their auth server was down.

This Ubisoft DRM is getting out of f*****g control.

What really pisses me off is during a LAN i went to show my mate HOMM (after 5 months not being able to play it) and the server was down so couldn't. Meanwhile another bloke in the room LANing with us pulls up his ripped/cracked copy and away he goes playing.

F*** THAT.
Dazhel
Posted 02:49pm 06/4/12
So conflicted! Great games...want to support GOG... don't want to support Ubisoft...

Hell, buying shoots a few dollars GOG's way and it could send Ubisoft a message that they'll get people to buy if there's no stupid phone home schemes (unlikely, but ok whatever).
Count me in!
step
Posted 03:34pm 06/4/12
About time. I would by Assassins Creed but so cbf buying a game from 2008.
Eorl
Posted 03:37pm 06/4/12
Gamer that's why I buy the game, and then get the cracked auth server
Nerfy
Posted 03:54pm 06/4/12
About time. I would by Assassins Creed but so cbf buying a game from 2008.

Lol, it's odd to hear 2008 talked about like it's some ancient time. I still remember the 90s when the year 2001 was the far off distant future where anything was possible.
Dan
Posted 05:27pm 06/4/12
Heh, it was actually a November 2007 title. Said 4 year old in the OP because it's still closer to 4 than 5.
Mantorok
Posted 05:32pm 06/4/12
It didn't get released on PC until April 2008 anyway.
Nerfy
Posted 05:58pm 06/4/12
One thing that I will give the AC franchise, is seemingly unparalled graphics and city streaming/viewing technology. It may be from 08, but I can't think of another game that beats it on visual tech. It puts the tiny instanced towns of say Skyrim to shame.