AusGamers’ Nathan “nachosjustice” Lawrence sits down with Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Game Director Scott Phillips to discuss what’s new for the yearly series.
Game Director Scott Phillips Talks Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
AusGamers own corn-chips-as-a-meal assassin, Nathan 'Nachos Justice' Lawrence goes hands-on with the latest Creed
Darwinism vs Revolution – We Play Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Before the release of Halo 5 later this month, we go back to the beginning with a closer look at Halo: Combat Evolved.
Throwback Thursday - Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
We take a closer look at Year 2 of Destiny, and come away impressed. And with some new weapons too.
Destiny: The Taken King Review
Post by Dan @ 01:49pm 06/04/12 | 9 Comments
As expected, a whole stack of consumer-friendly news came out CD Projekt RED and's live-streamed Spring Conference today, but none of the announcements were as quite as surprising as Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition and Heroes of Might and Magic V finding their way to the staunchly DRM-free store.

With ubisoft's track-record of burdening their PC customers with some of the most intrusive copy-protection methods, it seems unfathomable that they would be the first major publisher to dip their toes into the waters of the incredibly customer-focused maverick Eastern European digital distributor that is Yet here they are, and even if it is with a pair of four-year-old games, at least it's a start.

Better still is that there are signs of more to come, with GOG's announcement signaling this as the start of of a greater "Premium Edition newer games" initiative.
You can expect immersing and unique gameplay experience dressed to kill now on Bundled into a Premium Edition with more than 250 minutes of soundtracks, an official artbook, wallpapers, avatars, design sketches, and more, its full price is $19.99, but you pick it up for a limited time together with our Heroes of Might and Magic V Bundle on a special introductory buy one, get one free sale!
Lets hope for more bigger and newer games to come.

goggog.comubisoftdrmassassins creed

Posted 02:11pm 06/4/12
Fallout is also currently free there too.
Posted 02:31pm 06/4/12
I purchased a copy of Heros of Might and Magic through steam on launch.

Had problems logging in.
Logged service call, 3 months of horror.
Logged a complaint with UBISOFT, 1 month of horror.
Logged a ACCC / Fair trading complaint with UBISOFT Australia
Ubisoft Australia, 2 days later sent me a brand new boxed copy of Heroes of Might and Magic which I can now play.

I purchased a copy of settlers, boxed copy.

UBISOFT servers were down for 48 hours over a weekend, I wasn't able to play at all during the whole weekend because their auth server was down.

This Ubisoft DRM is getting out of f*****g control.

What really pisses me off is during a LAN i went to show my mate HOMM (after 5 months not being able to play it) and the server was down so couldn't. Meanwhile another bloke in the room LANing with us pulls up his ripped/cracked copy and away he goes playing.

F*** THAT.
Posted 02:49pm 06/4/12
So conflicted! Great games...want to support GOG... don't want to support Ubisoft...

Hell, buying shoots a few dollars GOG's way and it could send Ubisoft a message that they'll get people to buy if there's no stupid phone home schemes (unlikely, but ok whatever).
Count me in!
Posted 03:34pm 06/4/12
About time. I would by Assassins Creed but so cbf buying a game from 2008.
Posted 03:37pm 06/4/12
Gamer that's why I buy the game, and then get the cracked auth server
Posted 03:54pm 06/4/12
About time. I would by Assassins Creed but so cbf buying a game from 2008.

Lol, it's odd to hear 2008 talked about like it's some ancient time. I still remember the 90s when the year 2001 was the far off distant future where anything was possible.
Posted 05:27pm 06/4/12
Heh, it was actually a November 2007 title. Said 4 year old in the OP because it's still closer to 4 than 5.
Posted 05:32pm 06/4/12
It didn't get released on PC until April 2008 anyway.
Posted 05:58pm 06/4/12
One thing that I will give the AC franchise, is seemingly unparalled graphics and city streaming/viewing technology. It may be from 08, but I can't think of another game that beats it on visual tech. It puts the tiny instanced towns of say Skyrim to shame.