We take id Software's classic on the road, literally, to see how it stacks up on the Nintendo Switch.
DOOM. Nintendo Switch. Review.
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the game. And bass fishing.
How Ubisoft Bottled Beauty and Batshit Crazy for Far Cry 5
Join us on a chronological journey as we go through some of the highlights from three decades of Creative Assembly, the studio responsible for the brilliant Total War.
Celebrating 30 Years of Creative Assembly
Recently we had the chance to sit down with the head of Microsoft’s indie game service ID@Xbox, Chris Charla, to discuss all things Xbox, indie, and the future of the platform.
Talking Indies and Xbox One X with ID@Xbox Director Chris Charla
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 01:02pm 08/11/17 | 7 Comments
Taking to Twitter, Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene has made it known that over 20 million copies of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds or PUBG have been sold. Which is doubly astounding when you realise it has done so in just over seven months on sale as an Early Access game.

And that number carries over the people playing the game too, with PUBG's concurrent player count record on Steam now sitting at 2,515,109 players. And just so you have an idea of just how incredible that number is, the second highest all-time peak player count is for DOTA 2 sitting at 1,291,328 players.

pubgsalesplayerunknown's battlegroundsrecord

MARLINBLADE
Posted 04:23pm 08/11/17
This one was a remorse buy for me... I tried to like it, i really did but it just didn't do it for me... I mean it's basically a hide and seek simulator with s***** graphics and laggy gameplay... I know it's early release, not finished, but it's not for me unfortunately.
Reverend
Posted 05:05pm 08/11/17
I play at least 3 games a night love the gameplay the circle thing is amazing it stops most of the camping a******* but still has a long way to go before its Alpha ,servers are struggling to cope with all the traffic so a bit of lag here and there is expected.

8/10 IMHO
Twisted
Posted 07:45pm 08/11/17
laggy gameplay...
You playing on US servers? Works mostly flawlessly for me. This has been a super fantastic purchase for me. The griefing is awesome and the circle gets rid of campers. There are some other battle royale titles out there but I prefer the simulation aspect of this a bit more. Still pre-release so I'm impressed, and they've impressed me with the progress in stability/performance over the last couple of months. I soon expect DayZ to fold as they figure out everyone who played there game has moved on to this.

I find solo play is great and hectic, but squad and duo is so much more fun.
trog
Posted 12:04am 09/11/17
Does it have Aussie servers?

Super keen to give it a go but bit turned off by all reports of cheating :|
Vash
Posted 06:50am 09/11/17
Yep i only play on Oceania. Very rarely see any cheaters.
Strik3r
Posted 11:33am 14/11/17
The aussie servers give decent ping. Cheating is not as common as people make it out to be. The anti-cheat client is constantly updating so while there will be spikes of cheating, it is contained fairly well. You are more likely to run into "teamers" (people working together beyond the bounds of the teams they are in).

It's fun - I am curious as to whether people predominantly play FP or 3P? The group I play with now exclusively plays First Person only.
Twisted
Posted 05:29pm 14/11/17
3P because the game feels like you're a midget running around in FP. For whatever reason, it all feels f*****g retarded to me in FP mode. I prefer the game play in 3P because people can't peak corners and you actually have to be half decent, but otherwise I don't like much else about it in FP mode.
Very rarely see any cheaters.
Same here. I've seen 1 speed hack and a couple of aimbots killing everyone from a hill on the centre of the map with pistols. Otherwise can't say I've come across cheats.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!