As a pure gaming display the BenQ EX2780Q is uniformly excellent and another winner for the well-known brand.
BenQ EX2780Q Gaming Monitor Review
Baldur's Gate is coming back in a big way, we sit down with Jeff Hattem, Studio Head of Tuque Games, the Wizards of the Coast studio behind Dark Alliance.
Dark Alliance Interview - Baldur’s Gate Triumphantly Returns
Gears of War, Destiny, The Division... the influence is there, but deeper down there's more to Outriders as we explore!
Easy Rider - Hands-On with People Can Fly's Outriders
Out of retirement and back patrolling the space streets, we take an updated look at Oberon Prime and Nekros Prime
Inside the Warframe Vault - Our Guide to Oberon and Nekros Prime
Post by Eorl @ 11:04am 03/07/13 | 6 Comments
Those who utilise the Ubisoft's UPlay service, or have a Ubisoft account have been urged to change their passwords after the company discovered a security breach earlier this morning (thanks Tanaka Khan).

In an email issued to all Ubisoft account holders, the company has revealed that recently "one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems."

"During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion."

Though the passwords have been assured to be safe, it is still probably best that all those with Ubisoft accounts change their passwords as soon as possible to ensure full security. All those who received an email will have been given a password link change to do so.

ubisoftuplaysecurity breach

Tanaka Khan
Posted 11:20am 03/7/13
I covered all of this on my post yet you deleted me :P
parabol
Posted 11:49am 03/7/13
Righteo, so they force you to sign up for uplay for some of their games when it's completely unnecessary, and then they get hacked and your info is unneccesarily in the wild.

Then when I go to change the password, I get "Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on." in both Firefox and IE9 and can't proceed. *rage-face*
Eorl
Posted 11:52am 03/7/13
Sorry Tanaka, just helps to have it all in one place but thanks for the heads up.
bepatient
Posted 04:08pm 03/7/13
I got this email this morning and it was sooo seedy looking. The UBI.com site (which is obviously a temp one) looks fake too imo so I wasn't ready to do anything.

2 second google search told me I was overly paranoid and it was legit. Fortunately I have a different password for every account.
demon
Posted 05:27pm 03/7/13

yup. i didn't even think i had a ubisoft account... but it came courtesy of buying farcry3 through steam. it's s*** enough that you have to jump through one distro networks hoops... let alone them hooking up so you have to have both network apps running to play :/ all ubisoft content deleted!
Pinky
Posted 07:55pm 03/7/13
Any list to check login usernames or email addys against?

Here's a link I found on Slashdot which seems more legit