Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
PS3 internet connection error [Solved]
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2353 posts
So after about 3 or 4 months of my PS3 sitting in the dust i've gotten it back into action again. However since I have changed ISPs to bigpond I can't seem to connect online anymore. Before it was as easy as doing the automatic settings and then going into the PSN. Now it's stuffed. When I go to test the internet settings though it says everything is fine. Wireless connection is at 100% when I try that but right now i'm using a cable.

- I've tried both automatic and manually settings for the ps3 and neither help.

- I've tried setting the IP and DNS manually, using DNS settings on the bigpond site here and using the QLD ones.

- Each time both the internet browser and PSN parts of the PS3 both time out giving me the "connection timed out" error.

- I've got ports forwarded on my router and set it to the IP i've assigned the PS3 but that doesn't help either.

Anyone here able to help me out a bit? This is driving me a bit batty here as I just can't work out why it would say i'm on the net, but not actually let me connect. Help?
06:28pm 21/11/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:28pm 21/11/10 Permalink
^rza
Brisbane, Queensland
559 posts
Is this the rise of PC gaming??
06:32pm 21/11/10 Permalink
Door
Rockhampton, Queensland
385 posts
Firewall.
06:37pm 21/11/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
11566 posts
i had the same problem. fixed it by plugging the cable from the ps3 into a diff router port.
06:49pm 21/11/10 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2354 posts
Just tried that then Rav and it didn't work unfortunatly.
07:01pm 21/11/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
3098 posts
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
07:04pm 21/11/10 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
2355 posts
Many times

EDIT - Ok so I tried a totally random DNS server switch and put the secondary server info into the primary one, and everything is working. WTF is up with that.

last edited by DM at 19:28:03 21/Nov/10
07:09pm 21/11/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
11568 posts
reset router to factory settings
07:27pm 21/11/10 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
526 posts
on a more side note, when streaming (wireless) to the PS3, anybody know how to stop the annoying stutter to network error (807xxsomething) ?

Tried many things such as changing the MTU to 1496, tried different media server programs, tried throttling bandwidth which also had no effect.
Router/Wireless is pushing down around 1.9Mb/s so I highly doubt its a bandwidth issue (and from what I can find with google it does not seem to be bandwidth related).
Driving me crazy at times!

Stopping then restarting the stream fixes it, happens rather randomly but annoyingly.
06:55pm 22/11/10 Permalink
myWhiteWolf
Brisbane, Queensland
3006 posts
used to have that issue mephz, solved it by using some cat 5, i'd suggest trying to run a linux media client but you can't install linux on your ps3 anymore :'(
10:06pm 22/11/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:06pm 22/11/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.