Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
L4D 2 Demo Live
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
184 posts
Sorry for new thread but figured this would get more attention.

For real, Decrypting now.
Live as of about 2 minutes ago?
18% done here

[edit] Restart steam etc. etc. as per usual for unlocks.
11:02am 29/10/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:02am 29/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
137 posts
Well, there goes any sort of productivity for tonight.

To the people that played the L4D1 demo when it came out, was it similar to this (2 maps, campaign only)? I'm guessing it will be a bit stale after two weeks.
11:15am 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8581 posts
yer l4d1 demo was the first two maps of no mercy, campaign only.
11:17am 29/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
185 posts
Its 2 maps campaign, versus included I believe. Just finished the 2 campaign on advanced.
Its definately pretty cool.

It would appear all AU pre-orders demo is the gory version anyway. (From what I can tell from other people I was playing with).
As for when it unlocks, who knows!

Can confirm that gifted from NZ demo is at least gory, blowing out zombies chests/stomachs/legs/arms etc. is cool :)

[edit] No versus or other game modes :<
11:43am 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28074 posts
Have any of you guys got the .au version ? If so, and you can figure out a process to uncensor it, I will come up with some sort of prize for you
11:44am 29/10/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3460 posts
versus included I believe.
false. it's only campaign co-op and single player
12:05pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8583 posts
aus demo is censored. people on steam forums are complaining about how s*** it is.
12:11pm 29/10/09 Permalink
jum
Brisbane, Queensland
568 posts
even with new maps/weapons/charecters, playing against computer controlled specials still gets boring really quickly

i got my copy from a US 4 pack. i can see limbs and stuff flying off
12:11pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jabroney
Queensland
1164 posts
i got my copy from a US 4 pack. i can see limbs and stuff flying off

i got pre-ordered from the USA as well, so does that mean the demo will be uncensored too?
12:23pm 29/10/09 Permalink
d[o_0]b
Brisbane, Queensland
3350 posts
f**** censored version sucks, bodies dissapear as soon as they die, limbs dont fly off, not much blood, heads dont explode. BALLS
12:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5689 posts
Hahha absolutely balls.

Really looking foward to L4D2, busy with work and study so I'll let it ride out for a few more weeks and hopefully when I jump in it will be full gore OR I'll learn from other people who managed to get the full gore version straight up.

Bodies dissapearing, sounds raid.
12:34pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13728 posts
Yeah, I ordered from the US and mine is full violence. Decapitating zombies with a guitar results in a very satisfying blood fountain :) And I had to laugh when I shotgun a zombie and blew the front half of its chest of and it just staggered around for a while looking confused with no front, and then died.

Except I seem to have broken it, I got to a point in the campaign where I can't seem to go anywhere and the AI team-mates just stand around in a room doing nothing.
12:37pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28076 posts
f**** censored version sucks, bodies dissapear as soon as they die, limbs dont fly off, not much blood, heads dont explode. BALLS
have you got a few minutes to help me figure out how to patch it?

Or anyone else, if you have a few minutes and want to patch it up to get the bloodz, we can try and figure it out here.

What we need to do is:

1) Get one person with the AU version of the game

2) Get one person with the US version of the game (we have this in the office)

3) Get each person to do a full directory scan through of the contents to generate a list of files and check for discrepancies (eg, the US version might have an additional pak file)

4) If there are no obvious file differences we need to check the md5sums of each file

So - any AU people got it and want to help us solve it ?

edit: actually we're just gonna buy the AU version and try and solve it here
12:40pm 29/10/09 Permalink
d[o_0]b
Brisbane, Queensland
3351 posts
i'll help mate, how can i generate a list?
12:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28077 posts
i'll help mate, how can i generate a list?

start->run->cmd.exe

cd \ [the directory in whcih your l4d2 demo stuff is - probably something like C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo]

dir /s > aul4d2scan.log

That will create a file called l4d2scan.log - if you can do that and email it to me at trog at ausgamers dot com I'll check it out
12:54pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
186 posts
I've got US version, I have to run off to work but if you haven't figured it out byt he time I get home, send me a PM and I'll do what I can.

false. it's only campaign co-op and single player
I stated it was not included 3 seconds later in an edit after launching and checking the menu.
So why you posted this, nobody knows.

last edited by Mephz at 12:58:32 29/Oct/09
12:55pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jabroney
Queensland
1165 posts
if it is as simple as changing the files over, aren't you worried that steam will think that version is corrupt and do those silly updates that steam does and re-downloaded/installs the new files.
12:58pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28078 posts
I'm downloading the demo at 3mb/sec so I'll see who gets it done first, teehehe
01:00pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
187 posts
Trog: Done, can you pm me your email address? It doesnt seem to appear on the profile.
01:00pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28079 posts
I can already see the difference, AU version has a folder called left4dead2_lv which I assume is low violence.
01:05pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28080 posts
Trog: Done, can you pm me your email address? It doesnt seem to appear on the profile.
its trog at ausgamers dot com!
01:05pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2555 posts
i hope we can solve this :)
Go Team Trog!!
01:09pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
189 posts
Alright sweet,

Emailed it to you, and sent you a link via PM that I quickly uploaded to filehost just in case I managed to stuff it up via e-mail.
Running off to work.

Good luck with it boys, if I can be of further assistance (trading any particular files etc.) let me know I'll help out when I get home.
01:10pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
26746 posts
isnt fixing this norty trog?
01:14pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1217 posts
trog is a leet haxor!
01:18pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2556 posts
well if he gets the patch so many ppl will join qgl and then more sponsours for more haxs
01:23pm 29/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5690 posts
Trog obviously used all his phat QGL lewt to buy a bunch of Chinese programmers which they keep in the basement on Mammoth to do his dirty work.

I'll be stoked if it gets fixed.
01:24pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28081 posts
I just tried to be a smartass with Steam and my download speed went from 4.4mb/sec to 500k/sec. Then I tried to fix it now its going even slower. Steam is awesome.

I was hoping they did this the lazy way - like maybe if you were an AU user, after install you could just perhaps rename the directory steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2_lv to something else and restart steam and see what happens. But I suspect they did it cleverer than that.
01:28pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2557 posts
i going to see if i can get a refund
01:41pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
138 posts
I've heard you can get refunds on steam, but only for pre-orders that haven't been released yet. Good luck.
01:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8584 posts
i wish i had enough money to buy a game just to experiment with the files.
01:45pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1170 posts
1.) i'm SO F*****G GLAD I got the US version. Shooting people with shotguns puts holes in their bodies you can see through

2.) Female boomers lawl

3.) Tons of bodies laying around after you kill them all that, despite what I said eairler, really add to the atmosphere

4.) boomer bile bomb is fun to create havok in a horde and watch them tear each other apart

5.) MELEE WEAPON ARE BRUTAL! Why would you ever want a pistol over a axe or machette?

6.) Roaming witch is awesome

7.) Perhaps the best yet is when you throw a pipebomb, the zombies just don't turn into red dust. They fly all over the place. Thanks rag doll physics!
01:46pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2558 posts
yeh was jsut reading that...

But i bought the 4 pack and already gave it out to 2 ppl :-(
01:46pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8585 posts
01:49pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Raider
Brisbane, Queensland
2796 posts
what's the point of hacking up zombies if u can't see the damage, gg Australian censorship, gg.
01:51pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1171 posts
Aussie version didn't sound to bad on paper but whole vanishing zombie thing has brought it to an all new level. Why did L4D1 get through when they didn't insist on the same thing?
01:55pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10611 posts
5.) MELEE WEAPON ARE BRUTAL! Why would you ever want a pistol over a axe or machette?
shooting smoker/tongue from range when you have shotgun as primary, to free teammate asap
01:58pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2559 posts
me hope the patch comes in
01:59pm 29/10/09 Permalink
darkjedi
Brisbane, Queensland
1995 posts
Obligatory lolcat "censored AU version" picture goes here:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6110/l35.jpg
02:12pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1218 posts
dam, was hoping it was going to be a different level, already played this one a few weeks back when valve was out here.
02:12pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Raider
Brisbane, Queensland
2797 posts
in all seriousness that game looks like it could be M rated now
02:24pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28082 posts
I haven't found any super obvious ways to get the US version yet, I'll have a bit more of a play later.

Things I've tried:

- deleting the left4dead2_lv folder (which is the only obvious on-disk difference between US/AU versions)

- using the client.dll file from US version - different md5s between AU and US

39b7db01a3a2f824f8ef87b9371be6f4 *au-client.dll
5b46f4083e625f8e175b0e5a69073289 *us-client.dll

- syncing entire US directory over my AU directory

- quick poke in registry for obvious settings differences; nothing yet. I suspect it might be tied into the license data.

- edit: also tried a full export from a US-based copy and import into AU based; no luck there either.

From what I can tell all the gory content/data IS present in the AU version - there's no missing data files that I can see (from a windiff of the entire directory structure). So that means it's probably a simple setting that needs to be discovered to flick it over. If it's a license issue it might be a bit more complicated than that though.
02:33pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7772 posts
They would have it figured out fairly well because they have had to do it for a german version for years now.

I was hoping you could just contarl+c contarl+v the american folder onto an AU version.

Anyway glad I got the VPN version (hope it works lulz)

Edit: I bet in the next few days some internet hero will figure it out

last edited by ctd at 15:12:31 29/Oct/09
03:11pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2897 posts
As mentioned on the Gamers Underground forums, For the German version, to enable full gore, you just need to input these console commands:

violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1

But apparently they don't work for the AU copy.

Maybe one, or some of the things you've tried Trog, + those commands?

I can't test as I have the UK version.
03:20pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28086 posts
As mentioned on the Gamers Underground forums, For the German version, to enable full gore, you just need to input these console commands:

violence_ablood 1
violence_agibs 1
violence_hblood 1
violence_hgibs 1

But apparently they don't work for the AU copy.

Maybe one, or some of the things you've tried Trog, + those commands?

I can't test as I have the UK version.
I'll try it now! edit: no I won't, I have to update again, few more hundred mb
03:21pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8588 posts
even if those commands did work, wouldnt they just revert back to default if you connected to an sv_pure 1 server?
03:25pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2898 posts
I don't think so, because I imagine those commands are by default "1" on all versions except Germany/Australia.

0 for censored regions (plus file differences), 1 for non-censored regions?
03:26pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Phinox
Queensland
1 posts
no, sv_pure only deals with file consistency, not CVARs.

Just using the cvars wont work btw, as the original files are overwritten at runtime by the nogore ones.

I have something being tested now, stay tuned
03:27pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2899 posts
I said they don't work by themselves. That's why I said to try those commands with some of the file replacement methods Trog is using. ;)
03:28pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7774 posts
Anyone about to play now? I need some internet friends to join me. I am on the qgl friends thing.
03:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Phinox
Queensland
2 posts
trog, you're on the right track.

the biggest thing i noticed is that if you look in \steamapps l4d2 has 4 packages...

common
client
lowviolence
clientdll

now why oh why would they distribute client.dll in its own package hmmmm?

The first 3 are clearly just content. Opening the LV VPK just shows which files are being replaced with LV vers. My best guess right now is that our version of client.dll is loading \l4d2\l4d2 as well as \l4d2\l4d2_lv, however, there'd have to be some consistency checking with client.dll

Considering that both versions of the game are compatible, obviously both client.dlls are acceptable as far as consistency goes

My guess is that when steam calls l4d2.exe, it passes some sort of arg to indicate LV mode, which then calls client.dll to parse \l4d2_lv

The jackpot question is: will steam accept a nonLV dll package on an au game
03:38pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2900 posts
Man I hope, for the sake of people that bought the AU version that there is indeed a way around it, and that it's not checked at a Steam/license level. That would truly suck.
03:39pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Phinox
Queensland
3 posts
still working on it.

was too busy looking at client.dll, didnt notice that the dll package also references l4d2.exe and l4d2.ico

Grabbing good versions of those now. With a bit of luck, a good .ncf with good client.dll, .exe and .ico might just do it

(yes i doubt the icon is doing much, but im playing it safe and i cbfd hashing it :P)
03:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28088 posts
still working on it.

was too busy looking at client.dll, didnt notice that the dll package also references l4d2.exe and l4d2.ico

Grabbing good versions of those now. With a bit of luck, a good .ncf with good client.dll, .exe and .ico might just do it

(yes i doubt the icon is doing much, but im playing it safe and i cbfd hashing it :P)
as per my post above I've sync'ed with a US version so all the files were the same - although I used windiff to compare, not md5/sha1 so not sure how accurately i did it
03:45pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28089 posts
rec, none of those violence_ cvars exist in my version of the game at all
03:45pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
140 posts
What about replacing the files in the .VPK with uncensored versions? Thus replacing the files with the same gory version.
03:46pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28090 posts
What about replacing the files in the .VPK with uncensored versions? Thus replacing the files with the same gory version.
as I mentioned above, I've replaced all the files and done most of those semi-obvious things - no effect. The VPK files are md5-same between US and AU versions, and almost all other files (with exceptions of ones listed in my post above) are windiff-same as well.
03:54pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Phinox
Queensland
4 posts
hurrrgh

more testing needededed

last edited by Phinox at 15:57:07 29/Oct/09

I havent hashed the whole folder, but logic lets me say:

All files are identical between US and AU except:
We have a different client.dll, l4d2.exe.
We have an additional package: l4d2_lv. This contains the censored content and is loaded at runtime over the top of the base package.

last edited by Phinox at 15:59:39 29/Oct/09
03:55pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16884 posts
This is what you guys are missing out on

8-)

03:58pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28091 posts
We have a different client.dll, l4d2.exe.
left4dead2.exe is md5-same between my copy and a US copy. Client.dll is the only file I can see that is different.
We have an additional package: l4d2_lv. This contains the censored content and is loaded at runtime over the top of the base package.
I have successfully deleted that whole directory and ran the game - I get the feeling that directory is a Valve ruse to throw us off the scent. The game runs fine - with normal censored content - without that directory.
04:02pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2560 posts
f*** me if they dont patch this i am going to go mad i want my money back!!
04:03pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2561 posts
i believe its command line fix...
is there a list commands somewhere??

its probably like
violence_aus 1
04:04pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2901 posts
They're not going to patch it to remove the low level violence... adding that is the only way they were allowed to sell it in AU, period.

However, I'm pretty sure they'll do the right thing and "leak" a work-around to the community.
04:08pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Phinox
Queensland
5 posts
maybe try putting the contents of the _lv .VPKs into the base ones...

would be pretty lol if valve put the censored stuff in the base install then put the original stuff in the _lv package

edit2: nevermind

last edited by Phinox at 16:14:27 29/Oct/09
04:09pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7775 posts
F*** grabbing the machete and letting rip was hilarious.

Edit: It took me 4 different lobbies to get a game because all the aussies are raging in chat about how crap it looks.

last edited by ctd at 16:21:54 29/Oct/09
04:18pm 29/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28093 posts
F*** grabbing the machete and letting rip was hilarious.

Edit: It took me 4 different lobbies to get a game because all the aussies are raging in chat about how crap it looks. last edited by ctd at 16:21:54 29/Oct/09
heh why would they have bought it
04:29pm 29/10/09 Permalink
boba
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3461 posts
apparently the only way so far to get around it is using the german uncut hax which could get your b& from steam
04:48pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
143 posts
apparently the only way so far to get around it is using the german uncut hax which could get your b& from steam

Sounds like the safest bet so far is to get a refund on the pre-order and re-buy the uncut version. Is the early demo access still valid for people who pre-order from now on?
04:51pm 29/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2566 posts
i dont know... i sent an email to steam asking for refund i havent got a reply but im guessing im not the only one asking for this...
04:54pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2902 posts
I had a refund processed a few weeks ago. Took them 2 days to respond, another 4 days to put the money back on my card.

So it's possible you guys can go down that avenue, just don't expect it to happen today.
04:55pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8590 posts
Sounds like the safest bet so far is to get a refund on the pre-order and re-buy the uncut version. Is the early demo access still valid for people who pre-order from now on?

i assume so. even if theyre not, the demo gets released to all on nov 3.
04:56pm 29/10/09 Permalink
mandiller
Brisbane, Queensland
2 posts
I just thought I'd chime in that if you get someone from overseas to gift you the game it will be uncensored. Mine was gifted from the US and it plays as the full uncensored version. Works perfectly well with other aussies.
05:13pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4214 posts
Seems like the whole VPN technique works too. That's how my housemate and I bought our copies, and though I'm at work at the moment and haven't tried it, my housemate says that his version is full of blood and guts. =D
05:26pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2903 posts
Yes, it's all about the cart id. You don't even need to have it gifted, or to use a VPN. Just use another region's Steam store. eg. http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk
05:28pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4217 posts
I tried that first, but it wouldn't accept my payment. I did it again using the exact same info and store, but through a VPN, and then it worked.
05:36pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
37 posts
Must be pretty crap sales for the game in Aus. Who to blame?
05:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
NextWish
Sydney, New South Wales
117 posts
ello, been a while.

I'm going to have a stab at this as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and posting what I find....
06:11pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Alt_F4
Brisbane, Queensland
1184 posts
You would think Valve has something up their sleeve (either patching it at some point, or leaving some kind of "unintentional" loophole).

I think it is fairly obvious they would probably have made a "real" low violence version (eg actually having some gore and no insta-vanish corpses) for Australia if it was going to be permanent. Instead they just did a quick job of making it a sure thing to pass classification, and players can (hopefully!) have their R18+ gore soon enough.

With regards to cracking it... is it possible the Normal/US version had the LV components to begin with, but they are just switched off?

last edited by Alt_F4 at 18:32:33 29/Oct/09
06:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2904 posts
Midda; you just need to make sure your country is set to United Kingdom (or whatever country matches the region's Steam store you're using). I purchased L4D2 via VPN, and I purchased GTAIV just using the UK URL.
06:53pm 29/10/09 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
168 posts
F*** gaming in Australia is starting to suck.
07:01pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1172 posts
I cant get any VPN or proxy or anything to work for me. Wont accept my payment no matter what I try.
07:07pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
144 posts
With regards to cracking it... is it possible the Normal/US version had the LV components to begin with, but they are just switched off?

Yes. put -lv in the launch options to see the insta-vanish mode. This works in L4D1 aswell.
07:20pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4218 posts
Midda; you just need to make sure your country is set to United Kingdom (or whatever country matches the region's Steam store you're using). I purchased L4D2 via VPN, and I purchased GTAIV just using the UK URL.

Yeah, that's what I did. I tried to get the payment to go through repeatedly, and then tried again using all of the exact same info through a VPN, and it worked first try. I don't know why.
07:21pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1173 posts
None of that s*** ever worked for me. Wonder why
07:25pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1219 posts
i got it gifted, full gore on my end :D
07:32pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7777 posts
I remember someone saying it didnt work with paypal, you using a CC?
07:35pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1174 posts
Yeah credit card. Just comes up with 1 of 2 errors.

"There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance"

or another along the lines of

"your credit card failed authorisation. Usualy this happens when a hold has been put on your card. Contact bank... ect"

Sure I have enough funds for the game. Way more than what is needed. Just refuses to work for me. I mean I already have L4D2 US but it is on a seperate account and i really dont want to have to lose my original one.
07:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
2839 posts

did you use a US address?

I set up a US vpn and then put in the address of a hotel i stayed in once in San Francisco and then just used my AU CC.

Worked fine. Bought a 4pack and a single.
07:59pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
9963 posts
So if you see zombies on the ground then it is the uncensored version? Only got to play for 2 mins to check.

Seems about the same as L4D gore wise?

Also is it meant to be really bright?
08:20pm 29/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1175 posts
Gave up and tried buying borderlands on my new account (stupid steam had to refund me that too in order to refund aussie L4D2) and it comes up with the internal error thing. Guess even if it COULD work it cant atm. S*** eh
08:21pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10620 posts
I just put in a US city, state and postcode and did it from my home ip and web browser last night

Today though when blahnana tried the same but from the office, it didn't work - but sending a forged http_x_forwarded_for http request header with a US ip in it worked fine
08:27pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8591 posts
ok my steam updated and now its scanning for steam game updates. wtf! was this the same for everyone?

edit: argh the demo is now at 36% and is downloading again. :/

last edited by ravn0s at 20:32:01 29/Oct/09
08:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jabroney
Queensland
1166 posts
edit: argh the demo is now at 36% and is downloading again. :/

yea mine did that, was annoying but steamwatch slowly worked for me, so i got it free from gayarena
08:33pm 29/10/09 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
5486 posts
From the few gameplay vids I've seen (I don't have the demo), it looks almost exactly like L4D without even much of a graphics or gameplay improvement.

Is it just an expansion-pack posing as a sequel?
08:35pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
9964 posts
So if you see bodies on the ground is it the uncensored version?
08:37pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8592 posts
yes
08:41pm 29/10/09 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
2120 posts
parabol it started off as an expansion pack/patch then they decided they could do more if it were a retail game. That's what they've said at least.
08:44pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8593 posts
ok little banner says im downloading from gamearena so hopefully it doesnt get counted for some reason.
08:47pm 29/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8132 posts
this is cracked already - do you guys still need it? I cbf reading the whole thread
09:27pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10622 posts
From the few gameplay vids I've seen (I don't have the demo), it looks almost exactly like L4D without even much of a graphics or gameplay improvement.

that's my conclusion based on the demo, yep
09:32pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
9965 posts
There is a little bit more gore in that legs pop off and whatnot, nothing major that would rate it any worse then L4D though.. Silly Classification board.
10:08pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13730 posts
I dunno, I think its quite a bit more than a little bit more gore than L4D1. Like when you use pipebombs now, zombies don't just explode into a red mist, they explode into gibs and gore and body parts. The dismemberment seems much more brutal too, and shooting off heads/arms/legs/etc seems to result in a lot more blood fountains and goryness in general. Also, you can sometimes blow open the stomach of a zombie and it shuffles around slowly dying with its intestines trailing along the ground behind it.

The thing that seemed to stick in the Classification Board's throat though wasn't so much the violence, it was the fact you were doing it to humans, since you're not actually killing zombies you're killing "infected humans". Its pretty stupid, I'm wondering if they had just been marketted as zombies or dead people or something otherwise non-human it'd be all ok.
10:17pm 29/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8143 posts
if anyone is keen:

www.jjdat.com/jack/step1.jpg
www.jjdat.com/jack/step2.jpg
www.jjdat.com/jack/step3.jpg
and ingame go console
set sv_lan 1
then play singeplayer

playing online now arcs up VAC and you gt kicked. it doesn't ban your steam account

you can play lan with mates if you have a ded. server

last edited by koopz at 22:25:34 29/Oct/09
10:17pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8595 posts
lol a blowing holes though zombies with sniper rifle.

imo they only needed to remove the dismemberment. not that disappearing zombie bs.
10:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Sommescum
Melbourne, Victoria
100 posts
My suggestion is to reverse-engineer the Conroy - Granny thing.

They want to treat us like children -
They don't want to readjust the gaming genre for us because they say we are just delinquents -
They don't want to hear our pleas for reason -

FINE !!!
"I say let the chips fall where they may."

They gonna treat us as children - I say we show them childish beyond their wildest dreams.

Virtual kitten autopsies -
Game maps for L4d of parliament house -
Flash games promoting Kidnap techniques, blood-drinking and drink-driving -
Readmes on How to cheat on tax and legal issues -
Vids of digital crowds howling for justice -

There are plenty programmers and artists out there that need to act to protect their own futures
because come on, this act of pointless censorship is only the beginning...

I say if we have to do the time, we should point out that we are also capable of considering doing the actual crime...

or do you really think they will listen to petty b****ing and recant their fascist wet dreams?

(ps - note post count)
10:33pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7779 posts

It has new campaigns, new multiplayer modes, new characters, new weapons. Sounds like a sequel to me.

10:47pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8596 posts
dont forget new infected, new items and new game modes.
10:51pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
9966 posts
And New gore.
10:59pm 29/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5692 posts
Who cares about whether it's more like an expansion or sequel.

These days $50 buys you S*** ALL entertainment, if you can't get $50 worth out of the new content you fail at life.
11:00pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
190 posts
Im not sure if this helps, but if you check out the L4D1 fan-made map called DEATH ABOARD

One of the later levels in that (When you are in the boat), the game suddenly changes to a censored style of killing zombies (i.e. they just disappear), before that, its full normal gore, after that level its full normal gore.

It could have some possible help?
11:08pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10623 posts
if anyone is keen:

www.jjdat.com/jack/step1.jpg
www.jjdat.com/jack/step2.jpg
www.jjdat.com/jack/step3.jpg
and ingame go console
set sv_lan 1
then play singeplayer

playing online now arcs up VAC and you gt kicked. it doesn't ban your steam account

you can play lan with mates if you have a ded. server

what's that do?
11:10pm 29/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7780 posts
Play uncensored offline. So pretty much nothing.
11:12pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Mitch
Western Australia
331 posts
The youtube vids dont do the demo justice. The gore alone is a huge step up from l4d1
11:12pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4220 posts
After playing it for a few hours tonight, I can see why the appeal was rejected. It really is quite a bit more violent (read: awesome) than the first one. It should be rated R18+, too bad we don't have the rating. :(
11:27pm 29/10/09 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
5487 posts
Who cares about whether it's more like an expansion or sequel.

I do.

If it's just L4D with different weapons and maps, then I'll give it a pass as I've played that game to death. If there's something actually new and interesting, then I'll thinking about buying it and investing the time in playing it.

Rather than, say, buying a whole bunch of books for the same price and spending the same amount of hours reading them instead. Just want to make an informed decision. No need to knee-jerk about the price and "entertainment value".
11:30pm 29/10/09 Permalink
d[o_0]b
Brisbane, Queensland
3353 posts
the game 'feels' completely different to l4d
11:43pm 29/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4222 posts
Well, I got sick of the first L4D, but I'm looking forward to the full game after playing the demo. The new special infected really change things, it looks nicer (if you get the uncut version), and it has 5 campaigns compared to the first game's 3. Worth it, in my opinion.
11:49pm 29/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2905 posts
12:09am 30/10/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2353 posts
yeah I have a feeling they did a quick fix just to get it through and on time for the demo release (it was only refused classification like a couple weeks ago??).. I'm sure when they have some time, they'll reinstate some of the gore to a level similar to the first L4D...

edit: trog has gone all quiet in this thread, I'm starting to get a little worried :/
12:15am 30/10/09 Permalink
nafem
Adelaide, South Australia
1 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOOwyBuQSEA

i done this on my AU version, it works, full gore.

the problem is the steam folder

c:\programfiles\steam > steam.dll

this must talk to the LV folder somehow or tell the game that its censored, it works for l4d2 as it makes ALL games on steam uncensored.

so the problem isnt in the l4d2 folder its in that steam.dll file. this crack on the video changes it so u can play it.

soooo much blood, AUS version is BORING!!!!!

this game is a huge step up from L4D1, if you dont think so then your hiding under a rock, the new gore is awesome and makes it much more fun to play, blow holes in zombies = WIN!!!! looks more polished and clean also, blur effects etc, make sure u turn all GFX up and on ;) looks awesome
12:20am 30/10/09 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
4223 posts
I imagine that they just submitted the German version instead of making yet another low-violence version of the game. Germany has some pretty intense censorship with their games, so that's why it's so much tamer than the first.
12:20am 30/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7781 posts
Can't stand the thought of loading up L4D but this is fun.

Looking forward to playing some expert campaigns. It works so well on expert because you are just holding on to life for a fair chunk of it. Really fun with 4 internet friends.

- how good is it to have some weapons to choose from besides an m16 or a shotgun - Gore is f*****g awesome this time. 3 extra infected dudes green spit zombie, jockey, and shane webcke zombie (not sure of the names)
- the armour+helmet common zombie lolled me
- Few new items - defib, l4d Jarate, adren shot
- Like how if you spam the machete you can't see what's going on because you have so much blood on the screen

Edit: also if you play the campaign with people who have the censored version you wont see the armour+helmet cop zombies.

last edited by ctd at 00:39:05 30/Oct/09
12:30am 30/10/09 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
1627 posts
l4d Jarate

ahah are you serious?
12:38am 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8598 posts
it's actually called a bile bomb. it has the boomer bile in it. chuck it at a tank, witch etc and the horde will start attacking it
12:45am 30/10/09 Permalink
LOTUK
Melbourne, Victoria
80 posts
FYI for those who haven't bought the game yet, the following painless method worked for me (presuming they don't crack down on it):

1) browse to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk
2) log in using your normal steam account
3) Buy the game for yourself
4) Change your country when paying at the checkout to United Kingdom (you can leave all the other Aussie details as is)
5) An open as window should appear where you can click OK to add it to steam (I don't think this part is necessary, but just saying what I did)
6) You now have the uncut version (at least I'm playing the uncut demo, so presumably this means the full version will be uncut)
06:42am 30/10/09 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2185 posts
It looks like there is a simple fix posted over at Cybergamers

In the L4D2 Demo folder, edit the file called "steam_appid.txt" Change the value from "590" to "510"

Do the same thing to the "steam.inf" file in its folder.

You then have to run the executable straight out of the games folder (not from steam)

Apparently this works, but I haven't tried it yet.

08:04am 30/10/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2355 posts
You then have to run the executable straight out of the games folder (not from steam)

now someone has to do a workaround for this annoyance :)
08:09am 30/10/09 Permalink
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
128 posts
FYI for those who haven't bought the game yet, the following painless method worked for me (presuming they don't crack down on it):

1) browse to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk
2) log in using your normal steam account
3) Buy the game for yourself
4) Change your country when paying at the checkout to United Kingdom (you can leave all the other Aussie details as is)
5) An open as window should appear where you can click OK to add it to steam (I don't think this part is necessary, but just saying what I did)
6) You now have the uncut version (at least I'm playing the uncut demo, so presumably this means the full version will be uncut)

Thanks Lotuk, worked great
09:27am 30/10/09 Permalink
Deano
4 posts
Thanks E.T :D :D

Fix for Australian Censored Game :D

Quote:

It looks like there is a simple fix posted over at Cybergamers

In the L4D2 Demo folder, edit the file called "steam_appid.txt" Change the value from "590" to "510"

Do the same thing to the "steam.inf" file in its folder.

Apparently this works, but I haven't tried it yet.

End Quote

FYI this worked for me:

The part that might trip some people up is after making the 590 to 510 changes you then need to run Steam.

Keep Steam open and then after that run L4D2 Demo directly 'left4dead2.exe' (not in the Games list).

In Game:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1189/52051840.jpg - Security Guard
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3980/79233095.jpg - Blood and Gore

I hope my advice helps people :D
09:43am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5693 posts
Awesome ET, just did your list then and the purchase went through fine, installing the game ATM.

:D
10:03am 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8600 posts
i still havent seen the riot cops because apparently if you are playing with someone with the AUS version, the riot cops get removed. :(
10:59am 30/10/09 Permalink
d[o_0]b
Brisbane, Queensland
3357 posts
why'd they remove the riot cops?
11:09am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5696 posts
...because you're shooting a police officer, I would assume.

That doesn't fly with the knobs in charge that want to bubblewrap life.

EDIT: brb, demo just finished, lets see some UK version gore!

EDIT2: lol, my demo doesn't work... goes launching L4D2, then a ms-dos window pops up with 1/4 second then dissapears... then nothing happening.

FAIL.

last edited by CHUB at 11:17:42 30/Oct/09
11:13am 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16887 posts
I just bought it off the UK site with no probs. Installing now and I'll report back if it works or not.
11:18am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5697 posts
Not working at all, no f*****g idea.

Just goes "launching L4D2 demo" in the standard steam thing for ~2 seconds.

Then an extremely quick flash of a ms-dos window (C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo\left4dead2.exe).

F*****g.

EDIT: Discussion thread on steam forums for the problem

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004860

Still no luck.

last edited by CHUB at 11:29:57 30/Oct/09
11:24am 30/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10637 posts
run the thing in steam which verifies the data and corrects it, might be a dodgy file
11:27am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5698 posts
Nop Jim, didn't fix it :(

FFS Valve, stop with your s***** steam and let me play the demo.

Steam forums are slowly filling up with more threads on this exact issue, nobody has a fix it seems.

last edited by CHUB at 11:36:43 30/Oct/09
11:32am 30/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10638 posts
doh
11:41am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5699 posts
Report back Rev.

The theory atm is their auth servers are screwing around and any recent purchases are unable to play.
11:43am 30/10/09 Permalink
blahnana
Brisbane, Queensland
390 posts
After playing the demo, I'm convinced it's a sequel, not an expansion pack.
11:45am 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16888 posts
LOL

I hope mine doesn't f*** up. Still got half way to go with the install.
11:46am 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5700 posts
! something is happening now.

Got an additional window "steam is decryting game files and unlocking".

Here we go :D

EDIT:

VVVVV

I'm going to refund too if it changes to AUS.

I'll wait till a permanent fix is figured out.

last edited by CHUB at 12:04:27 30/Oct/09
12:02pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8603 posts
omg my demo has turned into the AU version. i joined steam and saw it was downloading again and stopped it. i logged into steam and this is what it says:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6287/l4d2demo.jpg

i havent played it yet to see if the demo is censored but anyway this is total bulls***. i might refund the game just in case they decide to change it to au version.

last edited by ravn0s at 12:04:21 30/Oct/09
12:02pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
191 posts
wheres that page at rav

[edit] Oh wait I see it.

The Demo doesnt even appear on my page.
Just Left 4 Dead 2 [Preorder]

last edited by Mephz at 12:11:09 30/Oct/09
12:09pm 30/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2906 posts
Weird, ravn0s. This could be mega s***ful if they change the full game to the AU version.

How did you purchase it?

I purchased mine using a VPN to say I'm from the UK. It still just says "Left 4 Dead 2 (preorder) Steam Store", but in my licenses and subscriptions it doesn't even list the demo (am playing uncensored demo).
12:11pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8604 posts
used a vpn like you.
12:13pm 30/10/09 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
5488 posts
omg my demo has turned into the AU version

I just went to that page and I saw "Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (AU) Complimentary"

But I never pre-ordered L4D2. Why is it there on mine? Not that I can activate it anyway.
12:16pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
192 posts
WHAT THE F***...
I restarted steam, my demo is downloading.... and now my licences also says AU...
(and the demo appeared).....

Cancellation time?

F*** this, if they are going to 'un-do' gifted copies.
I will 'un-do' my payment to valve.

last edited by Mephz at 12:19:59 30/Oct/09
12:17pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8605 posts
im not even gonna bother downloading the demo update since its not even connecting to any aussie content servers.
12:20pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16889 posts
F*** sake. Mine now says AU after it in the account section.

Looks like they sure showed me who's boss!
12:25pm 30/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8145 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOOwyBuQSEA

i done this on my AU version, it works, full gore.

nafem that exe contains the TR/Dropper.Gen2 virus

WHAT THE F***...
I restarted steam, my demo is downloading.... and now my licences also says AU...

yep - it happened last night.

it's a smart move by Valve - they stand to lose a s***load in fines if the Govt cracked down on them for providing illegal content to Aussies

that said - unofficial servers are about to start popping up like mushrooms methinks. something tells me this is about to become the most warezed game this year

last edited by koopz at 12:29:20 30/Oct/09
12:27pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16890 posts
nafem that exe contains the TR/Dropper.Gen2 virus

ROFL
12:30pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
193 posts
it's a smart move by Valve - they stand to lose a s***load in fines if the Govt cracked down on them for providing illegal content to Aussies
However its illegal to SELL in australia.....

As far as I'm aware, the law doesn't state illegal to own.

There are reports on Steam Forums that even after the (AU) update its still full gore...
We shall see, even if so.
I have a bad feeling of a bait and switch coming on by Valve in that the demo will 'stay' full gore for those who had it gifted etc.
When the full version is released, no more gore for you and they will turn around and say 'sorry, no refund, game is released'...

Its one of the ways I see they -don't- lose out on a lot of cancellations/refunds.
12:30pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
146 posts
Sounds like they are doing some trickery to people with aussie IPs.
All the people that have had their demos reverted so far, did you use the VPN or get it gifted?
12:31pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8606 posts
ok people that have uncut version and downloaded the update today are saying that the demo is still all gorey

All the people that have had their demos reverted so far, did you use the VPN or get it gifted?

its happening to people that got it gifted and used vpns.

last edited by ravn0s at 12:32:52 30/Oct/09
12:31pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
147 posts
I really hope valve don't do the bait and switch, they will lose massive points if they try to pull that, but then again, Australia is a pretty tiny market compared to the rest of the world.

I also hope this isn't the beginning of a crackdown on the whole 'gifting from other regions' thing, that would really suck.

edit:

But gifted copies were bought and paid for in the US, no different to importing.
I don't think valve are obligated to police what software we have installed on our computers, even if they do have the technology to easily do so. They are not 'selling' the game to Australians.

Although I guess this game has had massive media attention and news sites will probably run a story about people are bypassing the censorship, a possible s****torm for Valve.

last edited by Tremble at 12:46:00 30/Oct/09
12:37pm 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5701 posts
Just played through the demo, very fun.

Got the machete in the saferoom of the 2nd level, didn't get to use it :( Used the fry pan, police baton and guitar... all awesome.

The new models/sounds for the pistols (and the old guns in general) are kickass, picked up a magnum in the 1st level, nice and beefy but pretty spaz gameplay wise. The new machine gun is very satisfying with it's extremely weak sounding shots but very rapid fire.

In terms of level design, absolutely hated the majority of it, the 2nd level where you have to run for the alarm on the tower though... THAT was epic.

I don't know how you can remove the riot cops in body armour, they're very important to the gameplay, really put a lot of additional pressure on.

Some of the new infected seem awesome, the Charger is badass and popped out of nowhere and pwned me. The hunters have been tweaked a bit. The spitter seems quite useless and boring.

At one point though something jumped on my head piggy back style and I stumbled around and the text say "RESIST THE JOCKEY" or something, so I'm not quite sure what was happening there.

last edited by CHUB at 12:42:46 30/Oct/09
12:39pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
194 posts
Well, if your version is still gore after the 'update' I wouldn't restart steam or anything.

Mine just stopped at 94% or so, then restarted itself back at 0%...
And would appear to be downloading the entire demo again.

Censorship potentially?

either way, this fkn demo has blown so many gb's with their bulls***ting it's ridiculous :/

Will let you know what happens soon enough.

last edited by Mephz at 12:46:21 30/Oct/09
12:43pm 30/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8146 posts
Its one of the ways I see they -don't- lose out on a lot of cancellations/refunds.

it's a Valve office-worker's worst nightmare I'd imagine.

Valve have to be careful of this - if they have records to show that Aussie gamers got refunds, then were magically gifted an illegal version of the game the same week Valve could be fined some major bucks for knowingly providing banned content to an Aussie consumer. Gifting blurs the situation some - but Valve know enough about you, your games, playing habits to know if a crime is taking place.

Yes - this sucks... but we've got no R rating here in Aus - what ya gonna do? I know I sent of a big drunken fax to my local member's office (hurry up and read it Ruddy-staff @#$%$).

if you're keen you can send a fax off to your local member here (for free) via the web-page. Be sure to post your thoughts about Net Censorship while you're there :)

ok people that have uncut version and downloaded the update today are saying that the demo is still all gorey

my Au version no longer allows VAC auth - so I can't get into online servers until I set my steam_appid.txt and steam.inf back to stock. I can still make my own lobby and have similar people join my server online. GameOps powah is the win.

Demo needs more maps :/

trying to figure out how to get L4D1 3rd party maps working in the L4D2 demo now. it's a bit beyond me without some n00by tools though :/
12:46pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10640 posts
I can think of a million situations from l4d where the spitter would be awesome - think of all the camping spots survivors have during crescendos. Might be just as many in l4d2

plus it breaks the group up cos they often split up trying to stay out of the goo. there'll probably be plenty of situations it will result in quite a gap between 1 and 3 or 2 and 2, and then smoker/jockey can f*** them up even more. specially during boomer bile or horde
12:48pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
148 posts
Mine just stopped at 94% or so, then restarted itself back at 0%...
And would appear to be downloading the entire demo again.

Steam always does this. The percentage is the remainder of the download, not the entire demo.
12:48pm 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5702 posts
I can think of a million situations from l4d where the spitter would be awesome - think of all the camping spots survivors have during crescendos. Might be just as many in l4d2

plus it breaks the group up cos they often split up trying to stay out of the goo. there'll probably be plenty of situations it will result in quite a gap between 1 and 3 or 2 and 2, and then smoker/jockey can f*** them up even more. specially during boomer bile or horde

Very true Jim, I was just going by single player, didn't consider VS. and playing as infected.

I'm going to search some info out on this Jockey, NFI what it does.
12:50pm 30/10/09 Permalink
taggs
Brisbane, Queensland
3223 posts
ooooh i was just about to buy this but i think i'll hold off until release now, bit worried about valve doing a dodgy bait and switch
12:58pm 30/10/09 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
14032 posts
i'm not going anywhere near this game until gore is guaranteed.
01:01pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
195 posts
Steam always does this. The percentage is the remainder of the download, not the entire demo.
While thats true, I have two pc's with the demo installed and patched.
I just booted the other one up and it started at.... 0% :/
(where as mine earlier before it did the restart, commence at about 60-something percent...)

Its also taking about as long, and would appear to be downloading the size of the entire thing again :/

96%, we'll see zargh!
01:02pm 30/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1177 posts
Jockey jumps on your character and takes control of him/her, running him all over the place and generally i've found toward other infected.
01:02pm 30/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2907 posts
Just restarted Steam, L4D2 demo is updating, and my store item now says "Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (AU)".

Mother-f*****g-f*****s.

There better be another way around this for the full game. :)
01:03pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16891 posts
Loaded up the game and it hung just before I got in to single player campaign. Reset the pc and now it's decrypting the LFD2 files again.

F*** this!
01:04pm 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5703 posts
Jockey jumps on your character and takes control of him/her, running him all over the place and generally i've found toward other infected.

Sounds like you need some good strategy and good teammates to do any sort of damage.

Definitely has some awesome potential if the jockey can only be removed via your teammates, imagine if you got a tank between the 3 players and the jockeyed player, you could run him backwards through the map all alone.

EDIT:
Reset the pc and now it's decrypting the LFD2 files again.

F*** this!

You're nearly there, once that process finished I was good to go.

last edited by CHUB at 13:06:38 30/Oct/09
01:05pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
196 posts
Alright - Can confirm.
With GIFTED copy from NZ after it downloaded this entire crap basically again for the third time since the demo was released.

Mine also says Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (AU) ------ COMPLIMENTARY

on accounts page.

Full gore is -still- enabled....

Just curiously, anybody with the censored version updated and seen if it actually put gore in perhaps?

I'm still concerned about a bait and switch occuring.
01:07pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
149 posts
Sounds like you need some good strategy and good teammates to do any sort of damage.

Definitely has some awesome potential if the jockey can only be removed via your teammates, imagine if you got a tank between the 3 players and the jockeyed player, you could run him backwards through the map all alone.

Also off ledges and buildings. You have to fight the survivor though, I believe its a 60/40 jockey/survivor control percentage.
01:07pm 30/10/09 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
1178 posts
Yup all that hastle and new accounting and they go and do a fast one on us. Stupid valve. Give me my zombie gore please. I'm old enough to know the difference between a zombie and a human.
01:08pm 30/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2908 posts
As I said on the GU forums;

My recommendation for anyone with VPN access is to connect to the USA or UK, then restart Steam, and hopefully the IP validation check it runs is only run once, hence you'll avoid this wave of verification and keep the uncensored version.

If someone tries this, please let us know if your L4D2 demo updates while connected to the UK/USA VPN. Then disconnect, restart Steam again (normal IP), and see if it updates or lies unchanged.
01:12pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8607 posts
apparently the intro is censored for update version.
01:15pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tim
Melbourne, Victoria
55 posts
I bought mine yesterday via that awesome http://store.steampowered.com/=uk (then change you location to UK) trick, and it updated this morning with all the censored content (folder and file and s*** with _lv), but the game itself is full gore. So it seems most of the people getting their game reverted are the gifted versions...hopefully mine will stay this way after the game comes out.
01:19pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
197 posts
It would seem the intro is indeed, censored now. that is about only difference I can find.
Likely to do with the public demo going live soon.
01:25pm 30/10/09 Permalink
rec
Brisbane, Queensland
2909 posts
So are we saying that if you purchased it via VPN, URL trick or had it gifted to you, the in-game gore remains despite this update the intro being censored?
01:27pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
150 posts
So what is the new intro movie like, did they re-render the entire thing?
01:35pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tim
Melbourne, Victoria
56 posts
Ah f*** it. I didn't notice that until I re-watched the video. It is censored, and the uncensored version isnt even here at all. I know its small, but that is f*****g stupid. The game is still uncensored for me, but the video is, what the f***...
01:41pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Tremble
Brisbane, Queensland
151 posts
Hmm, it seems as though they are using IP addresses to figure out which version of the video to patch. I'll update my demo though a US VPN when I get home and report back.
01:43pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16892 posts
Finally got it going after grabbing it from the UK site and waiting for ages for it to fully update.

Bodies don't disappear and it has all the gore. So hopefully it stays once the full version comes out.
02:32pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10641 posts
yep my intro cinematic is censored now, but in-game is unchanged
02:58pm 30/10/09 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2186 posts
So you guys haveing trouble with your copy reverting to the AU version. Have you done the whole "steam_appid.txt" and "steam.inf" fix? or is that fix now borked as well???
03:22pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Landers
New South Wales
994 posts
I'm not 100% convinced it's a case of a nerf update that hit us.

As it updated the account history and added the Demo (AU) as complimentary, could it be a case of preparations for the mass public release in a few days? Every other time I've encountered demos on Steam they auto add to my account and games list and are listed as complimentary.

It would make sense that if they pushed a demo out to us Aussie IP address holders, it would be the AU version. It also makes sense that our uncensored versions are still working because Steam would have kept the original appid's from the purchase/gifting. If zee Germans have been using this sort of trickery for ages, I don't believe it'd suddenly be locked down because our puny gaming portion of the 20 odd million population have been doing the same thing
03:29pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7783 posts
Wow this has me worried, I haven't played since last night so I'll load it up in the VPN and see what happens.

So you guys haveing trouble with your copy reverting to the AU version. Have you done the whole "steam_appid.txt" and "steam.inf" fix? or is that fix now borked as well???

wouldn't that only work for offline?
03:57pm 30/10/09 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
2187 posts
No, it was reported as working for online as well on cyber gamers.
03:58pm 30/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2572 posts
I believe Landers is correct.

The demo is complimentary. The original appid from the purcahse shouldn't change.

I got a refund from Valve this morning and i went and bought a UK version. On my Steam History it shows that i got credit for 4 pack L4D2 (Preorder AU) Complimentary L4d2 Demo (AU) and now i just bought 4 pack L4D2 (Preorder)
04:02pm 30/10/09 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
5323 posts
I'll be waiting for full version release with gore working before i buy!
04:12pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Ivonin Turetsky
Brisbane, Queensland
51 posts
@ RockitMan - Might be waiting a while brother, I wouldn't hold your breath.

http://wiki.efa.org.au/censorship/r18_games/discussion_paper_release

Start mailing the MPs, no use sitting here b****ing, lets do something about it.

/rant
04:47pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Macross
New South Wales
1 posts
I wont be downloading the game in its current form demo or full for the australian version, i have been waiting for this game to come out and modern warfare 2 and have saving the pennies for them, to only be forced to buy a game that has had its fun factor taken out is a disgrace.
Well, they have just made this game one of the most pirated copies going around now in 2 weeks once it released, i will be going for a refund, and buy it when its full gore, untill then well!
and once australia has this achivement, the censors and SA GG can hold thier head and be proud of their effort to increase piracy.
05:25pm 30/10/09 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
169 posts
I'll also be waiting for some form of a solid work around.
06:08pm 30/10/09 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
28101 posts
So I spent a bit of time playing the AU version yesterday trying to figure out how to patch it - wasn't until today that I saw the /real/ version running on Jims PC. It looks so much better it's not even funny. Just feels like there's so much more to it for some reason. I know that's weird because it's just a bit of extra blood, but the fact that the bodies hang around - it adds so much more to the game it's not even funny.
06:11pm 30/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2578 posts
Ok Verdict:

I got refund from steam today and bought a copy from the uk store not using VPN just web link.. bought the four pack just put a hotel address in the address of my credit card... The game works fine... i didnt have to redownload the demo and i have full gore and everything love it!!! also just gave out 2 to my friends and have 1 left over :)

Very happy working all fine!!
06:24pm 30/10/09 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
1429 posts
I'm tempted to get that off you tit, but I'm still wary about valve screwing us over.
06:25pm 30/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8147 posts
yep my intro cinematic is censored now, but in-game is unchanged

do you still get the armored-cop zombie or does that die when AU version player join?

I'm running a 510 dedicated server with the SASiO hack which is working perfectly for both AU 510 and US users, though there's no chainsaw. Dunno if chainsaw is there in the US version of the demo?

last edited by koopz at 18:45:17 30/Oct/09
06:43pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Winston
Melbourne, Victoria
295 posts
If we were to do this: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/34420/L4D2-Hints-and-Tips/

and then play on a VAC-Unsecure dedicated server, would that work?
06:53pm 30/10/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8148 posts
no idea Winston - but your av is full of win
07:15pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13735 posts
No chainsaw in the demo, in censored or uncensored
07:25pm 30/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2579 posts
I've got the UK version dont know if its different to the US
07:29pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8610 posts
us and uk are exactly the same
09:34pm 30/10/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5707 posts
I'm so extremely pumped for versus now, was thinking of all the awesome new combos for special infected at work.

As Jim pointed out, the spitter is going to completely change the game, it's going to be what L4D should have been.

Hurray for the end of closet camping and standing in a corner. Not only will it be better playing infected, but now playing at survivors will finally be somewhat entertaining and challenging because the lame boring tactics are weakened.

YAY.
10:13pm 30/10/09 Permalink
H@MMER
Brisbane, Queensland
267 posts

TROG.... Check your PM for the solution.
10:17pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Beanith
Brisbane, Queensland
129 posts
I'm tempted to get that off you tit, but I'm still wary about valve screwing us over.

We should really stop with the mis-directed ire/hate at Valve. It's not their fault they need to do their best not to sell or export into our country the uncensored version. Given they could potentially be fined per copy sold*, its in their best interest to comply with the village idiot who is truly responsible for this mess, Michael Atkinson, the South Australian Attorney-General.

If he wasn't on his high horse about being the only man between 'the Children' & R rated video, L4D2 would most likely be available here rated R** and we'd all be quite happily mutilating zombies.

Beanith

* = It would be an interesting test case. Clearly the game in its uncensored state has not made available on the Australian Steam Store but instead the game is being purchased by people masquerading as Americans etc. Months of fun for lawyers really.

** = Here's an interesting 'What if'. What if we did have an R rating available for games. Would Valve take it on the chin? Or would they take a page from the Motion Pictures and start cutting stuff out to get the desired rating? Valve hate would then be an accepted response
11:01pm 30/10/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7784 posts
My game didn't update? Still have the chainsaw part in the intro movie.

Still says this in the store about the public demo "Left 4 Dead 2 Demo (AU) Complimentary"
11:19pm 30/10/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13738 posts
Ok, my demo doesn't work anymore, anyone else having this problem? There was a small update this afternoon when I logged into Steam and now whenever I try and run the demo it flashes up a dialog box that says its Decrypting files, that stays there for a few seconds and disappears and then the game doesn't start. Try and run it again, same thing happens every time.

Its the uncensored version btw.
05:14pm 31/10/09 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
13739 posts
Ok, nm, got a patch for steam and restarted and its working again now
05:57pm 31/10/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2364 posts
i still havent seen the riot cops because apparently if you are playing with someone with the AUS version, the riot cops get removed. :(

I been killing the f**** all day! but yeah was playing with another guy that had uncensored version..
07:02pm 31/10/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8618 posts
yer i saw them earlier today when i was playing.
08:31pm 31/10/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2581 posts
trying to work out how the riot cop works... i am in server with ppl who have the censored version I see them they dont??? but the riot cops are harder to kill is that why sometimes they die in 1 shot.. because someone else see them as normal zombie??
11:00am 02/11/09 Permalink
Jabroney
Queensland
1171 posts
shoot em in the back
11:02am 02/11/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8620 posts
trying to work out how the riot cop works... i am in server with ppl who have the censored version I see them they dont???

unless they changed it, youre not supposed to see them either. :/

they shouldnt be censored out of the game anyway. theyre f*****g security guards, not riot cops.
11:28am 02/11/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2583 posts
interesting.. i've played heaps on the weekend and saw security guards everywhere
12:40pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16907 posts
Just looked now and yep, they are security. I thought they were cops as well but you'd be forgiven thinking they were since they f*****g look like them.

Sorry about image. I don't know how to resize, dont have photoshop on this machine.

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/gpahl/lfd.jpg
01:06pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
26792 posts
rev, try this, dunno why it isnt part of windows basic install
http://www.intowindows.com/quickly-resize-images-with-image-resizer-power-toy-for-windows-7/
01:13pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16908 posts
Thanx Spook

Do you happen to know the name of that other program like PS that's free?
01:15pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
26794 posts
yer, gimp, but u wont like it
01:17pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16910 posts
LOL, why is that?

As long as it has s*** like crop and clone tool I'm easy.
01:30pm 02/11/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5716 posts
Does anyone know if the hitbox is bigger on Coach?
01:32pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16911 posts
Dunno dude. Would sorta suck if it was.
01:48pm 02/11/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5718 posts
Dunno dude. Would sorta suck if it was.
Wouldn't it be cool if perhaps with a larger character, he would have stronger melee/knockback to compensate for the larger hitbox.

It would make sense that when coach shoves a zombie it would go further back then if the female did.

There should definitely be some sort of compensation if it is larger.
01:51pm 02/11/09 Permalink
Martz
Brisbane, Queensland
2368 posts
oh no don't start going all "realism" on me chub :/

anyway for resizing pics, open windows paint -> ctrl+w (opens stretch/skew options) enter values, wella! doneski's.
03:03pm 02/11/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7799 posts
Spook has the idea, that right click resize thing is awesome and should be in windows default.

Wouldn't it be cool if perhaps with a larger character, he would have stronger melee/knockback to compensate for the larger hitbox.

It would make sense that when coach shoves a zombie it would go further back then if the female did.

There should definitely be some sort of compensation if it is larger.

That would suck a bit. The aliens have mostly melee weapons so if he does have bigger hit boxes I don't think it would matter that much.
03:06pm 02/11/09 Permalink
koopz
New Zealand
8159 posts
got my refund today. wasn't going to.. but meh. ya don't know how much other dlc might get 'banned' in the future.

one line had me pondering for a moment:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As requested, we have processed a refund to your account.

Your confirmation number is: 18030404243745xxxx

Your bank or credit card issuer will return the funds to your account - please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be posted.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this refund was issued as a one-time customer service gesture.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.

jebus.. if this happens with more games in the future there won't be the opportunity for the refund it seems.

gonna have to get rely on mates overseas in the future methinks :/
04:21pm 03/11/09 Permalink
MatchFixa
Brisbane, Queensland
1529 posts
Just import games yourself and save $
04:25pm 03/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
46 posts
got my refund today. wasn't going to.. but meh. ya don't know how much other dlc might get 'banned' in the future.

one line had me pondering for a moment:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

As requested, we have processed a refund to your account.

Your confirmation number is: 18030404243745xxxx

Your bank or credit card issuer will return the funds to your account - please allow 3-5 business days for the funds to be posted.

Please note in the future that Steam purchases, per the Steam Subscriber Agreement, are not refundable - this refund was issued as a one-time customer service gesture.

Steam Subscriber Agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement

If you require any further assistance, please let us know.
jebus.. if this happens with more games in the future there won't be the opportunity for the refund it seems.

gonna have to get rely on mates overseas in the future methinks :/

Which is why a demo would be nice. We all know "reviews" can be a crock right?
03:03pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
50 posts
Quite liked the L4D2 demo (apart from the disappearing bodies and apparent lack of gore) the gameplay and scares are still there.

Pre-ordered.

But FU to the OFLC for spoiling a great game!
03:13pm 04/11/09 Permalink
d[o_0]b
Brisbane, Queensland
3374 posts
cant play the demo anymore

"steam client needs to be updated to run this game"
"your steam client is on the current version"

then nothing
03:15pm 04/11/09 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
7813 posts
A client update came out today. Try restarting steam or verifying the l4d2 cache.
03:34pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
51 posts
F*** gaming in Australia is starting to suck.

Don't blame me! I never voted Labor. Never will.

Yea reap what yea sow or something!
03:37pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16945 posts
Ever since LFD2, I get errors after every update. I just close it and start again and it seems to work.
03:54pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
52 posts
Steam validation rejected. Cannot see a way to launch from "Games" - under Windows 7 at least.
03:55pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
53 posts
I just thought I'd chime in that if you get someone from overseas to gift you the game it will be uncensored. Mine was gifted from the US and it plays as the full uncensored version. Works perfectly well with other aussies.

The game hasn't even been release yet?
03:57pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
16946 posts
She's talking about the demo version which also contains all the gore.
04:09pm 04/11/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2591 posts
Quite liked the L4D2 demo (apart from the disappearing bodies and apparent lack of gore) the gameplay and scares are still there.

Pre-ordered.

But FU to the OFLC for spoiling a great game!

Why didnt you preorder from www.steampowered.com/?cc=uk

put in an london hotel for your address and your done no more disappreaing bodies...

SIMPLE!
04:10pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
54 posts

Yes indeed. Illegal to own also. But am I going to dob you in?

Hardly! Care for a game?

FFS give us the R18+ me (at 41 nearly 41) deserves!
04:11pm 04/11/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8636 posts
Illegal to own also

its not illegal to own
04:17pm 04/11/09 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
2594 posts
The game hasn't even been release yet?

He was talking about the demo

I have the demo works perfectly uncensored...
04:20pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
55 posts
As I said on the GU forums;

My recommendation for anyone with VPN access is to connect to the USA or UK, then restart Steam, and hopefully the IP validation check it runs is only run once, hence you'll avoid this wave of verification and keep the uncensored version.

If someone tries this, please let us know if your L4D2 demo updates while connected to the UK/USA VPN. Then disconnect, restart Steam again (normal IP), and see if it updates or lies unchanged.

Steam knows. Tried that with Borderlands. Assume it would be the same. Sadly.
04:24pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
56 posts
apparently the intro is censored for update version.

Yes but it is still pretty cool!

Vavle have obviously tweaked the visuals and audio no end.

As I said someone here voted for the Labor Party.

And the rest of us suffer with you.
04:27pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
57 posts
Illegal to own also
its not illegal to own

Yes it IS! Check your importation law.

No hissy fits but if banned from sale than it is banned to own.

Any lawyers here? I went down the smarter web development role.
04:33pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
58 posts
LOL, why is that?

As long as it has s*** like crop and clone tool I'm easy.

Windows Vista or Windows 7 - built in to Paint or even "image preview"
04:39pm 04/11/09 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
8637 posts
Refused Classification by the OFLC are banned for sale, hire or public exhibition, carrying a maximum fine of $275,000 and/or 10 years jail. It is legal to possess Refused Classification material
04:57pm 04/11/09 Permalink
DarthGuybrush
59 posts
Refused Classification by the OFLC are banned for sale, hire or public exhibition, carrying a maximum fine of $275,000 and/or 10 years jail. It is legal to possess Refused Classification material

F*****g search engine is broken.

Made a direct enquiry to the OFLC (concerned citizen lol). We shall see. Spank me if I am wrong.
05:19pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
206 posts
Made a direct enquiry to the OFLC (concerned moronic citizen lol). We shall see. Spank me if I am wrong.

Fixed.
05:48pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Merky007
Brisbane, Queensland
371 posts
by all accounts.. EPIC demo, really awesome with a team, loved the machete! you can charge at an oncoming horde and win :) changing variables to 510 works a treat.
10:53pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Rohan
Sydney, New South Wales
15 posts
Sorry to bother, fellas, but If I do buy it off the UK site, will it still be treated as unmetered usage (I'm with bigpond if that helps- yes, i know they're s***)?
Not alot of bandwidth to chew up each month, unfortunately.
11:06pm 04/11/09 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
10672 posts
it'll be unmetered if you download it from the bigpond steam content servers after buying it
11:31pm 04/11/09 Permalink
OriginalDaniel
Victoria
6 posts
okay so its been a good 17days since anyone has posted, so you guys that bought it off the UK site got the Uncut copy right? not just the demo but the real thing right? thx in advance
11:13am 21/11/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5862 posts
Yes.

If you preordered via UK steam, you have full gore in the full version.

Confirmed.
11:14am 21/11/09 Permalink
OriginalDaniel
Victoria
7 posts
preordered? what happens if we get it after the pre order? or would it be the same result?
11:19am 21/11/09 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
27022 posts
OriginalDaniel,
please lrn2read.
signed
qgl
11:19am 21/11/09 Permalink
CHUB
Brisbane, Queensland
5863 posts
preordered? what happens if we get it after the pre order? or would it be the same result?
Most probably.

I can only comment on what I did though.
11:20am 21/11/09 Permalink
OriginalDaniel
Victoria
8 posts
i can read thank you very much >.< im just a little paranoid about loseing my mates account or getting the cut copy... is all.. and CHUB thanks again i guess well have to take the Leap of Steam *made a little lame quote from assassins creed there leap of faith n all uh .. lol yeah*
11:25am 21/11/09 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
17001 posts
I'm gonna pistol-whip the s*** outta you if you keep asking about this
11:35am 21/11/09 Permalink
OriginalDaniel
Victoria
9 posts
Bring it Queens boy
12:07pm 21/11/09 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:07pm 21/11/09 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.