Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
JB HI FI Xbox 360 Slim Price....
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
Hey all kinda new here but, just wondering if anyone knows the price tag for the Xbox 360 Slim at JB. Eb games selling it for $449 and JB are known for undercutting EB by alot lol so im hoping around the $430 mark. 3 days untill it launches in Melbourne and still no price in store or on the website, hoping some one here works at JB and might be able to give me a rough price thanks!
02:02pm 28/06/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:02pm 28/06/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
10456 posts
someone here does work at JB, dont remember who though.
02:13pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
2 posts
oh Mad! hopefully they can jump on this topic and give us a much awaited price!
02:25pm 28/06/10 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7269 posts
is it XaltD?
02:31pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
86 posts
It is XaltD

I work at JB and i say wait for the new one, its release is closer than you think :)

The price will be similar to the $400 mark or so, as far as i know.

Though, if your not interested in the new gadgets and just want to game, its a smashing deal.

from another slim 360 forum.
02:55pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Tim Tibbetts
Brisbane, Queensland
2363 posts
I just got my X360 back from being repaired. I would considering getting a slim if someone would take the old one off my for like $100.
02:57pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
3 posts
if JB HI FI bring out the Xbox 360 Slim for $400 ill be over the moon! (fingers crossed), but 3 days until its released and no price imo is odd. They probably want to get rid of as many elites as possible, but at same time its killing me lol.

Thanks for that information MoSFXx. However i would like a more solid price this close to release :D
03:01pm 28/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12342 posts
f*** does the $20 you may save make that much difference?
03:24pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Nathan
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
3468 posts
My understanding is, the wholesale price of consoles themselves is very close to the retail price; and that's why you rarely see much of a difference between retailer. The money is in selling games, not systems.
03:34pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
4 posts

yes it does actually
03:39pm 28/06/10 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
10459 posts
The money is in selling games, not systems.

and peripherals
03:40pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11096 posts

The world revolves around dumb c**** who pay more than they have to. Has nothing to do with making a difference IMO.
04:19pm 28/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12343 posts
i'm all for saving money and s***

ie. i just bought some new japanese rims for my car and the 'official' retailer for that brand quoted me roughly $2200 for the rims included postage, another contact i have quoted me $1700~ i'm happy about saving that $500

but getting super excited and being over the moon about saving $20 is lol

you could also just want and see when it's released how much it is? it's not like your budget is going to be blown out of the water and you won't be able to eat or pay rent if you have to pay $450 for it
04:25pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
5 posts
i was saying i would be over the moon if the price tag was $400, for someone who is saving to travel end of the year $50 saving will help me during the week, its 50 dollars i otherwise wouldn't have to spend....

The point of this was to get a price tag from JB and not to speculate what savings i was going to make :S
04:31pm 28/06/10 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
8878 posts
Dont worry about it man xbox is s*** anyway.
04:33pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15129 posts
Would be better off getting one of the Elite deals atm imo. Even if the slim comes out at around $400, it'll just be the system and nothing else, you'll still be shelling out more for games and stuff. Whereas $399 atm gets you an elite with a huge swag of games and stuff.
04:37pm 28/06/10 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
3656 posts
So this new 360 will be Blue Ray ?

04:38pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
89 posts
Harvey Norman are $398
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/product/1256969400408/xbox--gb-console

EB are $449
http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-150845-Xbox-360-250GB-Console-Xbox-360

You can bet JB will be closer to Harvey Norman in terms of price point.
04:46pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15133 posts
What I don't get, is what does it mean when they say its "Kinect ready", aren't all XBox 360's Kinect ready? I mean, I'd assume it'll work on all of them, the camera will just plug in via USB surely?
04:58pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
92 posts
Apparently you need a USB attachment for the current Xbox 360 line up, the 360S has special port for it...
04:59pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15135 posts
Lame :(
05:04pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
93 posts
Yeah I'm not too sure if Microsoft will be charging for the cable too haven't been able to find anything in regards to that lol; I'm still buying one though I don't know why...

I'd definately buy the Xbox Elite bundle if I needed an Xbox that deal is insane isn't the games and Hard-Drive alone worth about $150?
05:06pm 28/06/10 Permalink
BoDGie
Brisbane, Queensland
429 posts
Current gen xbox will require you to run power to Kinect as well as USB.
05:08pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5072 posts
It's actually a power thing. With an older Xbox 360, you use an AC adaptor and plug Kinect into its own mains power socket. Whereas with the Slim you just plug it into the Xbox 360.
05:08pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
95 posts
Alright I stand corrected but either way will Microsoft be charging for this power adapter?
05:11pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Charlie
Brisbane, Queensland
1574 posts
Apparently you need a USB attachment for the current Xbox 360 line up, the 360S has special port for it...

I bought a PS3 so I can make outrageous statements like this :

Gee, they're like the Apple of consoles, gotta buy all these addons or a newer system to get a plug that should be standard (HDMI, the new kinetic thing, wifi, blah blah)

:)
05:13pm 28/06/10 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
8879 posts
I'm sure sony will have plenty of dildos to stick up peoples a*******s when they release the Move.
05:18pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Charlie
Brisbane, Queensland
1575 posts
I'm sure sony will have plenty of dildos to stick up peoples a*******s when they release the Move.

Yeah, but they had HDMI, wifi and a decent media drive from the start :)
05:20pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
5269 posts
Like how Microsoft have always bundled good-quality component cables with their console, whereas Sony only give you composite?

And how they removed PS2 backwards compatibility?

And removed Other OS capabilities?

And removed card readers and half of the USB ports?

I love my PS3, but Microsoft are far more generous with their console.
05:21pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
96 posts
Am I missing something I always thought Xbox had HDMI? I just plugged a HDMI cable into the back of it, (Arcade version)
05:28pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15137 posts
Nah, XBox 360 only had HDMI since around the time the Elite first came out, for the first few years it didn't have HDMI.

But yeah, my PS3 came with absolutely nothing. I remember when I got it, opened the box, it was pretty much just the console, some crappy AV cables, and a controller, and a lot of empty space with some dodgy brown cardboard separating stuff. Considering how much it cost, it was a pretty underwhelming package.

The 360 on the other hand is just chock full of goodies when you open it, and every little thing is bagged up in its own colourful plastic bag. Its like christmas opening up a 360!
05:36pm 28/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
100 posts
Yeah it s**** me I bought the PS3 on launch day which is dumb but I had money tree at the time; $1200 for the console, extra remote, dvd controller & one game.

I paid $150 for my Arcade Xbox at Christmas last year
05:53pm 28/06/10 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
674 posts
Generally, with the position i hold in my store, i hate selling consoles. They loose GP% but its so cut throat, you rely on the gamers being a community, and repeat business. With games and accessories and make the money back else where.

Just the way it goes.

No price has been released for us yet, we usually hold off until late to under cut others.

Which store will you be buying from?
05:59pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
6 posts
Thanks XaltD for answering the intital Question!, and also big thanks to MosFXx for showing me those prices.

At the moment Harvey Norman is where ill be going to buy my Slim unless JB have a simmilar price.
06:05pm 28/06/10 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6289 posts
Interesting.
06:52pm 28/06/10 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
675 posts
If you see a better price, ask JB to match it.
06:55pm 28/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12345 posts
if you're so bang up for $50 why don't you just buy a normal one for like $250 ? and save like $150~!~!~!~!!
07:00pm 28/06/10 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
18177 posts
what paveway said
07:03pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
7 posts
i just sold my xbxo 360 Pro (60GB) for the purpose of upgrading to this new one.... hence i wna save as much as can so the dffrence from sale to purchase as as minimal as possible.
07:08pm 28/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12346 posts
but it's

$150~!~@@~~!!!!~~!!
08:00pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
8 posts
but its not what i want... lol i dnt want an old on... i sold my OLD ONE TO GET A NEW ONE! all i am after is the lowest price so i can save some coin! god damd
08:37pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15139 posts
If you're trying to save money, why buy a new one at all if your old one was perfectly fine?
11:00pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
9 posts
wow..... read my comments.

im trying to break even on this. sell my old xbox and buy a new one without having to pay a large diffrence. and where did i say my old xbox was peferctly fine....
11:07pm 28/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12348 posts
we're reading your comments and they're not making sense

can anyone confirm for me what the new one can actually do that the old one can't?
11:13pm 28/06/10 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
4009 posts
seperate optical audio port, kinect support and onboard wifi. That's about it.
12:40am 29/06/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
5275 posts
You know the new one will play the same games, yeah?
12:44am 29/06/10 Permalink
MatchFixah
Brisbane, Queensland
3546 posts
Yeah but the new one also takes slimmer games and has slimmer avatars.
01:30am 29/06/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15140 posts
and where did i say my old xbox was peferctly fine

Well I just assumed if you sold it to someone, it must be working, because I don't imagine theres a huge market for broken xbox 360's.

I mean sure, if my 360 died, I'd probably get the slim one, but I don't see the point in "upgrading" to the slim, because its not really an upgrade at all, its just selling one console, to buy back essentially the same thing at a higher price.
01:53am 29/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
Gold Coast, Queensland
104 posts
One thing that's driving me insane at the moment, can it fit the current HDD I'd have to start again on all my games?
Without having to transfer it onto a flash drive.
07:41am 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
10 posts
just wanted a couple of prices really, didnt think you guys neded to know the reason for it.... BUT i need a larger HD and WiFi and that alone could cost me 200$, may aswell upgrade long term it will be effective becuase has the Kinect plug etc.
08:44am 29/06/10 Permalink
konstie
Melbourne, Victoria
1342 posts
you've been suckered into telling them your life story
09:28am 29/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12351 posts
lol
09:55am 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
11 posts
what buying a console = life story hardly. i fail to see where i told them my LIFE story mate, why post / turn this into some rant.... got nothing useful to add piss off
11:51am 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
82 posts
Like how Microsoft have always bundled good-quality component cables with their console, whereas Sony only give you composite? And how they removed PS2 backwards compatibility? And removed Other OS capabilities? And removed card readers and half of the USB ports? I love my PS3, but Microsoft are far more generous with their console.

my deep blue eyes....

Where to start... a console that when launched had a majority of hardware returns inside 6months?!?
or how about the part where it's the ONLY console on the markey to chew on game discs... hey, thats generous!

I particularly like that part where MS make you buy their proprietary storage media (read: a 2.5" HDD inside a sealed plastic mould, or that memory card thing... LOL) and THEN, all of a sudden... should you need to replace your stuffed hardware... well stiff biccies... buy some new storage media...

ooh ooh, and that part where they refuse to allow 3rd party manufacturers to compete with their own peripherals... srsly the 360's steering wheel is a POS.

and to those about to dump $449 on the new Xbox.... BUY A PH@ ELITE AND SPEND THE REST ON GAEMS...

Sony's gonna start fighting back, and the best part is that they didn't have to do anything... 250G PS3 $499... 250G Xbox360 $449...

an extra $50 for the best blu-ray and dvd upscaling player on the market huh?...
12:27pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
12 posts
Like how Microsoft have always bundled good-quality component cables with their console, whereas Sony only give you composite? And how they removed PS2 backwards compatibility? And removed Other OS capabilities? And removed card readers and half of the USB ports? I love my PS3, but Microsoft are far more generous with their console.
my deep blue eyes....

Where to start... a console that when launched had a majority of hardware returns inside 6months?!?
or how about the part where it's the ONLY console on the markey to chew on game discs... hey, thats generous!

I particularly like that part where MS make you buy their proprietary storage media (read: a 2.5" HDD inside a sealed plastic mould, or that memory card thing... LOL) and THEN, all of a sudden... should you need to replace your stuffed hardware... well stiff biccies... buy some new storage media...

ooh ooh, and that part where they refuse to allow 3rd party manufacturers to compete with their own peripherals... srsly the 360's steering wheel is a POS.

and to those about to dump $449 on the new Xbox.... BUY A PH@ ELITE AND SPEND THE REST ON GAEMS...

Sony's gonna start fighting back, and the best part is that they didn't have to do anything... 250G PS3 $499... 250G Xbox360 $449...

an extra $50 for the best blu-ray and dvd upscaling player on the market huh?...

Pitty their s***
12:34pm 29/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12354 posts
mine has been awesome
12:38pm 29/06/10 Permalink
MatchFixah
Brisbane, Queensland
3550 posts
Sigh. Another console war.

Who gives a s***. Let him buy whatever console he wants. Whether it's fat boy slim, slim shadey, fat joe, lil John or Biggie Smalls they're all great gaming consoles...

Oh wait..
12:45pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
5277 posts
my deep blue eyes....

You don't need to get all pissy and try convincing me that the PS3 is a good console. I own one, and it gets plenty of use, but my points still stand. Sony has continually removed features from their system, while Microsoft has added more.
12:46pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5074 posts
Sony's gonna start fighting back...
With what? They didn't exactly rock E3 this year.
12:47pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
83 posts
@ Khel

Well I just assumed if you sold it to someone, it must be working, because I don't imagine theres a huge market for broken xbox 360's.

You'd be surprised, there's quite a healthy market in broken 360's... makes for a good time 'franken-xbawksing' one working console out of 2 oe 3 busted ones...

@MoSFXx

One thing that's driving me insane at the moment, can it fit the current HDD I'd have to start again on all my games?

No you can't fit your current HDD to the new machine, however MS will sell you a cable you'll only ever use once called a 'transfer cable' (which up until now was free if you called M$ and asked for one) for $20US, at which point you can transfer the data once, and then discard the paper weight you're now stuck with...
01:00pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
13 posts
@ Khel

You'd be surprised, there's quite a healthy market in broken 360's... makes for a good time 'franken-xbawksing' one working console out of 2 oe 3 busted ones...

@MoSFXx

No you can't fit your current HDD to the new machine, however MS will sell you a cable you'll only ever use once called a 'transfer cable' (which up until now was free if you called M$ and asked for one) for $20US, at which point you can transfer the data once, and then discard the paper weight you're now stuck with...

Correction. Put all your files on a usb stick or portable HD and transfer that way.
01:03pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
84 posts
Sony's gonna start fighting back...
With what? They didn't exactly rock E3 this year.

Only MS could give away 50,000 consoles and come outta E3 WORSE than any other vendor...
01:03pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
85 posts
Correction. Put all your files on a usb stick or portable HD and transfer that way.

This won't transfer anything you've purchased from Xbox Live.
01:14pm 29/06/10 Permalink
NoLogic
Toowoomba, Queensland
379 posts
Why consoles are fail .....

RROD..

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/famsar/red-ring-of-death.jpg

PS3 Bluray heat fail..

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/famsar/failure_ps3_fail_boot_hot_heat_blue.jpg

Stick to PC chumps

last edited by NoLogic at 13:21:37 29/Jun/10
01:20pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
4010 posts
that blu ray heat is more like user fail.
01:21pm 29/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12355 posts
heh i now know what the actually 'rrod' looks like

i thought it was something that came up on the screen

01:25pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
14 posts

Yes it will i jsut did it...
01:26pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5075 posts
Only MS could give away 50,000 consoles and come outta E3 WORSE than any other vendor
I can't possibly understand how MS did worse than Sony. Wow, PS3 gets Portal 2, just like the PC and 360? Big surprise!
Yes it will. You just need to perform a license migration.
01:26pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
727 posts
i'm all for saving money and s***

ie. i just bought some new japanese rims for my car and the 'official' retailer for that brand quoted me roughly $2200 for the rims included postage, another contact i have quoted me $1700~ i'm happy about saving that $500

but getting super excited and being over the moon about saving $20 is lol

you could also just want and see when it's released how much it is? it's not like your budget is going to be blown out of the water and you won't be able to eat or pay rent if you have to pay $450 for it

How often do you make purchases around $2000 or more compared to a few hundred? $20 here and there on cheaper more common items will equal or exceed savings on more expensive items you rarely buy.
01:34pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
86 posts
Yes it will. You just need to perform a license migration.

No, you can't transfer the 'purchased' data from one 360 HDD to removable storage media. (USB HDD)

Your licence migration will allow you to re-download it (and then any user on the correctly migrated machine will be able to play said DLC) but you can't transfer (presumably 60G worth of content if he's upgrading to a bigger HDD) licenced DLC data from a 360 HDD to removable storage media.
02:04pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
87 posts
02:06pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5076 posts
No, you can't transfer the 'purchased' data from one 360 HDD to removable storage media. (USB HDD)

Your licence migration will allow you to re-download it (and then any user on the correctly migrated machine will be able to play said DLC) but you can't transfer (presumably 60G worth of content if he's upgrading to a bigger HDD) licenced DLC data from a 360 HDD to removable storage media.
Complete bulls***. Don't argue with people who've done what you claim is impossible.
02:23pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
88 posts
http://www.joystickdivision.com/star-wars-red-ring-of-death-star.jpg ... how does one imbed an image? :\

For those who are into playing games at decent prices.

Apparently the 360 Arcade edition is going for $168 at Hardly Normal
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/27775
02:34pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
5279 posts
There is a difference with what console you play your purchased games and stuff on. Yes, you can transfer all of your purchased data from one machine to another, but on the original machine, your XBLA games can be played from any profile.

For example, I purchased Braid on my account back when it first came out, and it still showed up when my girlfriend logged into her account, so she was able to play it and get the achievements. I tried downloading it from my account on a mate's 360, and it would only show up when logged in as me.

I imagine that when you transfer to a new machine, all of your purchased games can only be accessed from your account directly. This probably isn't an issue for some of you, but if you're not the only person that uses the system, it could cause problems.
02:39pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
89 posts
Complete bulls***. Don't argue with people who've done what you claim is impossible.

When I switched from a 20G to a 120G, I could not transfer licenced DLC from my 20G HDD to a USB key and then to the 120G HDD.

I was told, (and found nothing to the contrary) that licenced Xbox Live content could not be transferred to a USB key.

I could transfer images, save files etc etc etc, but none of the DLC packs for Forza, or any of the Xbox Live Arcade games I'd bought.

@ Midda, Yea mate, thats the 'licence migration' thats being discussed at the moment.

You can transfer the machine that your account is registered with (so if you've had to switch consoles, or swap HDD's from one console to another migrating your account will then allow anyone using the new 'host' console to play and of the DLC registered to it)
A poor description I'm sorry, but that's the gist of it... nfi why MS thought it'd be a good idea to try and lock it all down that way...
02:46pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Bonez
Sydney, New South Wales
326 posts
I'm a PC Gamer through and through and have been since the day's before 3dfx. I did start on a console years ago, the Atari 2600 and then the NES.

Now my kids, they like the consoles, and up until recently we had a Wii, which was awesome until it broke outside of warranty :(

After discussing with them and my wife we've decided that as soon as finances allow we'll get a 360. The reasons?

1. I'm a member of a forum that usually has demo's and locked content freely available prior to release (sponsored by M$)
2. Kinetic sounds a lot better way to play than both Sony's and Nintendo's controller based motion gaming.
3. The new XBox 360 looks sweet and would look good under the 50" TV.
4. We have yet to require a bluray player as we watch HD movies through a media PC, so no need for a PS3.

BTW, I still have a couple of Wii controllers w/ Wii Motion attachments available if anyone is interested ;P
03:22pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
90 posts
http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360hardware/programs/data_migration_kit/datamigration.htm

...Mantorock where have you been?

Got it covered mate.

and an update to the price of that cable... (from the link):
NOTE: Starting January 2010, there will be a small fee (AUD$23.00) associated with obtaining the data migration kit.
03:39pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5078 posts
The link also explains that the content isn't locked to a console, only the licenses are. Movie rentals being the only exception.
04:15pm 29/06/10 Permalink
NoLogic
Toowoomba, Queensland
384 posts
lol sif you would rent movies on the xbox...

" Dude this movie is awesome !! "

" yer I know, wait till you see this car chase coming up, HERE it is!!!"

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/famsar/rrod-xbox-360-dead.jpg

FUUUCK!!!
04:20pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
4011 posts
you're such a f***** nologic.
04:44pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
91 posts
The link also explains that the content isn't locked to a console, only the licenses are. Movie rentals being the only exception.

I was referring to the physicla transfer of data, and the fact that you can't just copy some of the data from the 360 to a USB HDD.

Console says no.
04:48pm 29/06/10 Permalink
NoLogic
Toowoomba, Queensland
385 posts
you're such a f***** nologic.

and f*** you very much wankstain
05:06pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5079 posts
Except I've just tested it to prove you wrong. I can transfer Live Arcade games (full versions, not the trial) to my 4GB USB stick.
05:08pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
92 posts
Except I've just tested it to prove you wrong. I can transfer Live Arcade games (full versions, not the trial) to my 4GB USB stick.

Well that's changed in the last twelve months.

and fwiw *yay* go you

Nice of MS to make it easier to transfer games from one broken console to another ;)
...aiight, I'll stop the console bashing for now.

it'll be interesting to see if all of this 'motion'/gesture based game play bs is going to do *anything* for the gaming market... I'm half expecting the 3D thing to fizzle out in the not too distant future...
05:16pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5080 posts
Well, duh. The update that allowed USB storage was released in April.
05:19pm 29/06/10 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
93 posts
Well, duh. The update that allowed USB storage was released in April.

I see well that's an added feature well worth waiting for...

Thanks MS
05:21pm 29/06/10 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
677 posts
got the units in today, they look AMAZING.

The awesomeness is high.

JB are going to advertise @ $399 but will take on any competitor offer.

Be ready for good sales @ JB on games also, on its release. There is also some other epic promotions about to happen.
06:22pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
15 posts
got the units in today, they look AMAZING.

The awesomeness is high.

JB are going to advertise @ $399 but will take on any competitor offer.

Be ready for good sales @ JB on games also, on its release. There is also some other epic promotions about to happen.

THANK YOU hahaha legend!
I plan on going to JB on Thursday to pick one up.... Would you recommend this or is their something else coming out like week later..
07:29pm 29/06/10 Permalink
MoSFXx
Gold Coast, Queensland
109 posts
thanks XaltD i just spent $200 on games at JB in the last week haha
07:39pm 29/06/10 Permalink
eXemplar
2512 posts
I've got an old second hand 360 from like 2004/2005'ish which has red ringed heaps and I've done the xclamp mod on it too, whats the chances like me slipping it past them for a discount on a trade in?
07:50pm 29/06/10 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
678 posts
NO details of bundle deals at the moment, usually you get stuck with games you probably don't want to play anyway, me personally i prefer the console and pick my game.
08:14pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Sam
Melbourne, Victoria
16 posts
NO details of bundle deals at the moment, usually you get stuck with games you probably don't want to play anyway, me personally i prefer the console and pick my game.

so you reckon thursday would be a good time to get 1... i cant really see them going much cheaper in next couple months ne way. Seems like a good release price to me
08:27pm 29/06/10 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
681 posts
The only time you may see them cheaper is xmas, in my honest opinion. Even then, the consoles probably won't be too much cheaper, but there will be alot of bundles around with more games thrown in etc
08:38pm 29/06/10 Permalink
Cam
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
I work at Kmart, actually, not any Kmart, a 24 Hour Kmart, and I do the graveyard shifts, haha. We got these in yesterday, and they look so flippin pretty. We price match as well, so if you are near a 24 hour Kmart, rock up at midnight, price match to JB or Harvey Norman like myself and BAM!, you own a new xbox. Pretty stoked about the Harvey Norman price though. Glad I decided to come on here today, haha.
06:35pm 30/06/10 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
12374 posts
now you can do exactly what you used to do, play xbox games~!
07:48am 01/07/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:48am 01/07/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.