Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Recommend me™ a good cheap go kart place
t
Brisbane, Queensland
197 posts
Karting is fun, but Kingston Park is quite expensive. Also, I don't want to go to Nanango just to get a good price.

Any hot places around Brisbane?

http://www.transponderservices.com/images/Go-Kart-Girl.jpg
02:09pm 23/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:09pm 23/04/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2075 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
02:11pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2060 posts
Tried the ones at Archerfield?
02:12pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2061 posts
02:14pm 23/04/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
198 posts
That's still pretty steep Dodgy... perhaps they're just all that expensive now?
02:17pm 23/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12876 posts
karts are gay, the performance of them is so lame that it is purely down to who weighs the least
being a big guy, I don't bother
02:32pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2062 posts
Try asking google for coupons to these places?
02:41pm 23/04/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
173 posts
Teq you are probably just s*** at driving, weight only slows you down a bit on the straights & can mean more grip in the corners

i troll, fat = slow

last edited by t at 14:46:48 23/Apr/12
02:45pm 23/04/12 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2846 posts
I have never pulled the throttle cable by hand for extra power. I used to love karting but honestly am quite over it now for the price / fact that the race cant be even the karts are all so different.
02:52pm 23/04/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12877 posts
bulls***, I get overtaken by 12 year olds in the straights
when you have two people - one 150kg adult with a big frame catching wind and a small child who is all of 50kg both with 6 horsepower, the 50kg kid can corner harder, brake harder and accelerate faster
02:53pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1908 posts
http://www.lemanskartracing.com/ was okay.(not bris) Seems to be lots of different types of karts around. Was more bumpy than I was expecting.
02:57pm 23/04/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2628 posts
Teq you are probably just s*** at driving, weight only slows you down a bit on the straights & can mean more grip in the corners

i troll, fat = slowlast edited by t at 14:46:48 23/Apr/12

you fail, more weight equals higher lat forces, and add that to a movement of the center of gravity (higher with teq (hopefully) being taller) and that means far more stress on the tyres, and a lower capable speed before they break grip

all that means is the smaller kid will not only go fast in the straights, but in the corners too!

(and before you bang on about race cars' spoilers "giving" the car more weight to corner, know that all they do is force the same amount of weight harder to the ground, (so there is the same lat force))
03:55pm 23/04/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2993 posts
Queen St Kingston, shopping trolley, go kart helmet. Who has brass balls?
03:59pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Reality
Sydney, New South Wales
385 posts
04:03pm 23/04/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
199 posts
hey copuis, you blind?

i troll, fat = slow
04:31pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2156 posts
Karting is expensive, for a while I looked into getting my own kart and competing.
It is an expensive hobby and will set you back way more then getting into track days or drifting in a real car.

Archiefield speed karts work on a "only if booked" timetable as the track is the same tracked used for pocket bikes and the Archiefield drifts.

Mates and I normally go karting once every 2 months or so at Kingston Park in the Friday Night challenge.
It is a comp that runs January through to November, anyone can attend/enter at anytime.

Come Race Your Mates Every Friday Night

Up to 100 drivers in a Nitro Charged night of fast action
Latest designed Euro speced Schumacher Race Karts
1,100 metre International Standard Le Mans track
Awesome Atmosphere & Great Competition

Latest Kart2000 Software has just been installed and that means better timing, better racing and closer fields.

Only *$88.00per driver (a saving of $9.00 on usual prices)

You receive 4 races per night with the fastest drivers from each group progressing to the Grand final
Race 1 starts at 7.00pm with registration open from 6pm.
Lap Times are printed at the completion of each race and also emailed to drivers

http://www.kingstonpark.com.au/proclub/fridaynightchallenge/
05:13pm 23/04/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
174 posts
That sounds pretty good Timmeh, might have to check it out!
05:29pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19769 posts
Some karts you can't "floor". I had one at kingston karts that went awesomely as long as you didn't pin it to the floor. It's actually the same with my Real Life™ car for some reason, if you floor it it just bogs down, let off just a tiny bit and it has heaps more power. I call shenanigans on the fuel mapping (kingston karts are also electronically controlled so when the race is over they gimp your kart).

Mates and I normally go karting once every 2 months or so at Kingston Park in the Friday Night challenge.
Want another challenger? This sounds like something I might like to come to once in a while. I love karting but all my mates don't. :(

edit: F*** ME $88 FOR 4 RACES? Last time I paid for kingston karts it was $50 for 3 races I think. Last bunch of times I've been work paid.
05:48pm 23/04/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2160 posts
Some karts you can't "floor". I had one at kingston karts that went awesomely as long as you didn't pin it to the floor. It's actually the same with my Real Life™ car for some reason, if you floor it it just bogs down, let off just a tiny bit and it has heaps more power. I call shenanigans on the fuel mapping (kingston karts are also electronically controlled so when the race is over they gimp your kart).

Want another challenger? This sounds like something I might like to come to once in a while. I love karting but all my mates don't. :(

edit: F*** ME $88 FOR 4 RACES? Last time I paid for kingston karts it was $50 for 3 races I think. Last bunch of times I've been work paid.

yea the karts at Kingston all have electronic overrides. they can cut your engine completely and limit your Speed.

I went the wekend before the easter break with the family, we used the smaller track so my youngest brother could race with us. racing against other 12 year olds I was fang-in the kart. The control guy lowered my top speed so it was "fair for the other kids who I was lapping. After a while I got sick of the handicap so i just waited for them all to be half a lap in front then went. He ended up cutting my kart as I got it a bit too sideways.

maybe we could get a Ausgamer group or something?
05:57pm 23/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:57pm 23/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.