Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
PC Hardware Superstore
Raduski
Sydney, New South Wales
1 posts
Hey all,

New to the forum, have also just moved to Sydney and am looking at building myself a gaming PC.

I am looking for a Computer Parts Warehouse or Superstore of some kind.
I am located close to the CBD have checked out onlinecomputer.com.au and megabuy.com.au but am looking for a store where
I can walk in talk to someone and get my parts on the spot.

Any ideas?
10:03am 25/01/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:03am 25/01/12 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7548 posts
Maybe we should start by determining if you are privileged enough to have an automobile>?
10:07am 25/01/12 Permalink
Raduski
Sydney, New South Wales
2 posts
Automobile check.
10:16am 25/01/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
16159 posts
haha jmr

last edited by paveway at 10:23:48 25/Jan/12
10:20am 25/01/12 Permalink
Red
Sydney, New South Wales
927 posts
There's a bunch of shops in Capitol Square, but nothing I'd really classify as 'warehouse' they're more like computer convenience stores. Maybe get down to MSY in Ultimo, or given you've got a car, IJK at Enfield (IJK being sydney's answer to umart).
10:22am 25/01/12 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7549 posts
Better off getting advice from here, working out what you want and getting it delivered. It is best to avoid personal contact with these types
10:23am 25/01/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6423 posts
It is best to avoid personal contact with these types

"These types"? Gamers? Humans? Asians? What are we talking here?
10:29am 25/01/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2382 posts
Yeah there is an MSY in the city but I don't think it's what you are after. If it's anything like other MSY stores than it's just a counter with a not trained in customer service nerd behind it and all the PC stock will be out back. I'm sure they will serve you fine but there will probably not be enough staff and you will be super conscience about how much time you are taking up due to the angry sighs from the flock of nerds waiting in the queue behind you.
10:29am 25/01/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
35515 posts
Yeah there is an MSY in the city but I don't think it's what you are after. If it's anything like other MSY stores than it's just a counter with a not trained in customer service nerd behind it and all the PC stock will be out back. I'm sure they will serve you fine but there will probably not be enough staff and you will be super conscience about how much time you are taking up due to the angry sighs from the flock of nerds waiting in the queue behind you.
That is OK if you know exactly what bits you want though, right? That has been my MSY experience in Brisbane anyway - walk in with a list of things I want, give the dude the list, wait patiently while he goes out and gets them, pay and leave happily.
10:50am 25/01/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2384 posts
Yeah it's fine, I just don't think it's what he is looking for. I like MSY for what they are but they aren't the kind of place you expect to have your hand held.

I thought he might be after customer service but maybe he just doesn't want to the hassle of delivery in which case MSY is fine.
11:20am 25/01/12 Permalink
Raduski
Sydney, New South Wales
3 posts
I've got a spec list together, all I want to do is walk in give them the list. Go for a coffee....pick up the box.
I'll give MSY a try as its near by, I have checked it out...but the website did put me off.
12:07pm 25/01/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
12391 posts
...but the website did put me off.

Careful. That website has international recognition.
03:08pm 25/01/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
14399 posts
i thought MSY updated their site
03:12pm 25/01/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12371 posts
Maybe we should start by determining if you are privileged enough to have an automobile>?

jmr wins

hey wheres my rs232/usb cable!
04:09pm 25/01/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12696 posts
The only large stores I can think of that take that kind of browseable approach on the PC hardware they sell are Harris Technology. But you'll generally pay a lot more there than you would for the same kit at MSY and co.
04:43pm 25/01/12 Permalink
Raduski
Sydney, New South Wales
4 posts
So I went with IJK, brilliant service fast efficient and prices were good. So impressed.
10:19am 01/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:19am 01/02/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.