Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
GGC-stream and PB Config
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
37 posts
Malthius, Eorl,

Can you confirm that when the server gets rebooted each day, the PB config gets re-written with default?

It seems that unless I have my server on default, my servers stop streaming to GGC. Once I change something like tickets or time limit, the next morning my server stops streaming and I have to re-write the commands to PB to get it active again.

Also, Is there something wrong with your ticketing system at the moment? I have sent 3 tickets over the past few days, which it says they go through successfully, but I don't even get an acknowledgement email like I used to, let alone a response.

Ta

Roundie
01:13pm 19/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:13pm 19/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1084 posts
Hey,

I've actually set it up so that the PB config files are only written when the server is first installed, and then if they are changed in GameCreate. The idea is that people may want to save different configurations through procon and not have them overwritten by our defaults.

However, this seems to be causing more problems than it solves, at least as a default option. I'm going to change this behaviour so that by default they are written on every server start and customers can disable this if they want.

If you don't get an acknowledgement email something has gone wrong. If that happens, I'd recommend just emailing the email address that the support responses come from - if you send that a new email a new ticket is opened.
03:10pm 19/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1085 posts
That's done (files will now be overwritten by default on each server start), changes logged here: http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/thread.php/3373662
03:17pm 19/11/13 Permalink
Foxhound
Sydney, New South Wales
4 posts
Try putting the streams together so it looks like this :

pb\pbucon.use:

www.ggc-stream.net

pb\pbsv.cfg:

pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use
pb_sv_USessionLimit 10
pb_sv_ucontimeout 300
pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 GGC
pb_sv_uconadd 1 85.114.136.131 ggc_85.114.136.131 bf4
pb_sv_uconadd 1 85.114.136.132 ggc_85.114.136.132 bf4
pb_sv_uconadd 1 85.114.136.133 ggc_85.114.136.133 bf4
pb_sv_uconadd 1 69.65.22.152 "pbbhub2-1" "pbbanshub"
pb_sv_uconadd 1 69.65.22.153 "pbbhub2-2" "pbbanshub"
pb_sv_uconadd 1 69.65.22.154 "pbbhub2-3" "pbbanshub"

Added a few lines to help see if that makes a difference.

Also in the pbucon file there should only be www.ggc-stream.net, nothing else, it will overwrite it when the streaming starts but it will be fine.
07:14am 20/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
40 posts
Has anyone had any luck getting this working?

Using this it only allows PBBans to stream, but it doesn't seem to kickstart the GGC stream.....
03:03pm 30/11/13 Permalink
max
Mackay, Queensland
50 posts
I just tryed out GGC
i did the following:

Step 1
Under pbgeneralsettings.cfg Add this at the bottom. You can add PBbans.com settings with it if choose to
; ------------------------------
; PB UCON Settings / Lists
pb_sv_USessionLimit 9
pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 GGC

Step 2
Then Under pbsvlog.cfg Add
www.ggc-stream.net

Step 3
Restart server and done. Work for me this way tho
06:47pm 30/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
41 posts
I just tryed out GGC
i did the following:

Step 1
Under pbgeneralsettings.cfg Add this at the bottom. You can add PBbans.com settings with it if choose to
; PB UCON Settings / Lists
pb_sv_USessionLimit 9
pb_sv_ProtectTag 1 GGC

Step 2
Then Under pbsvlog.cfg Add
www.ggc-stream.net

Step 3
Restart server and done. Work for me this way tho

You are writing those commands to completely different files that all other posts suggest. How can this be so different?
09:36pm 30/11/13 Permalink
max
Mackay, Queensland
51 posts

You are writing those commands to completely different files that all other posts suggest. How can this be so different?

Easy There wrong and I'm right maybe
I just follow the info that stated in those config

As pbucon.use say: they even use CAPITAL to say it
// SERIOUSLY, DON'T PUT ANYTHING HERE, EVEN IF YOU ARE READING SOME GUIDE
// AND IT TELLS YOU TO PUT THINGS IN HERE. I'M NOT KIDDING. NOTHING GOES
// IN HERE.

and pbsvlogs.cfg say: where www.ggc-stream.net meant to be
// Add your streaming PB sites here
// Some sites will tell you to edit the pbucon file - add those settings here instead.

and pbsv.cfg say: it just use to load the config files
// List of PB config files to load
// We strongly recommend you don't alter this file
// Instead, alter the other files in the list to keep things easy to read.

And last of all pbgeneralsettings.cfg the name explain it all
01:15am 01/12/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
42 posts

Easy There wrong and I'm right
I just follow the info that stated in those config

Disagree Max.

It worked with a combination of some of the other answers. To be fair though, I didn't try yours, as it was way too different to what seemed to be working for everybody else.

So I wont say you are wrong, just not saying you're right ;)
01:59am 01/12/13 Permalink
Foxhound
Sydney, New South Wales
5 posts
Roundie have you used the lines I have posted above ?,
I had exactly the same problem until I changed them to what they are now.
01:25pm 01/12/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
43 posts
Roundie have you used the lines I have posted above ?,
I had exactly the same problem until I changed them to what they are now.

I did Foxhound, minus the command line "pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use"

It would not work with that line in it for me. As soon as I removed it. Boom. Off she went.

I also wrote them in pbsv.cfg as you stated, not in pbgeneralsettings.cfg. Again, I haven't tried it, so that might work, but it seems to go against everyone else's settings.
06:48pm 01/12/13 Permalink
Foxhound
Sydney, New South Wales
6 posts
If your pbucon.use file ever gets deleted it will be put back each time the server reboots because of this line at the end.
pb_sv_writecfg pbucon.use // Enables UCON in case the server removes the file for any reason.
11:21pm 01/12/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1135 posts
Thanks for everyone for working through this.

The reason for the shouty lines in pbucon.use:

The contents of the pbucon.use file are meant to be irrelevant - as long as the file exists and is loaded the ucon stuff will activate. ggc tell people to put something in there to ensure that it is written to the server, but that isn't necessary with our configuration. Adding "www.ggc.com" or something similar to that file won't break anything.

However, because the file is a text file and is loaded as part of the punkbuster configuration, any lines in pbucon.use that are actual punkbuster commands WILL be executed. We come up against this pretty regularly: people have put actual punkbuster commands in that file then forgotten about them, and wonder why something doesn't work properly. Or they put commands in that file and wonder why they don't work properly. The easiest thing for us to do is put a screaming big warning in the file and hope people are scared enough to leave it alone; it prevents one source of potential conflicting settings, and punkbuster is already confusing enough.
03:38pm 02/12/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:38pm 02/12/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.