Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
R9 Update (14 November)
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1059 posts
Big patch tonight, client and server, so battlelog will be offline for a while.

You can read some of the details here: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

We don't have any detailed server changelog at the moment, so I'm not sure how excited I am.
05:14pm 14/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:14pm 14/11/13 Permalink
BiGGGGRED
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
15 posts
thanks for the heads up hopefully this patch fixes a lot of problems within the game
06:46pm 14/11/13 Permalink
max
Mackay, Queensland
18 posts
Well didn't take long for full server to crash with in 20 mins with update
10:29pm 14/11/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
16 posts
from Hypernia:

DICE has released Battlefield 4 ranked game server patch version R9!

The R9 patch is being released to address issues/bugs that result in the BF4 servers becoming unstable and crashing.

Patch notes:

• Compatibility update for new PC client patch
• Fixed crash related to admin triggered round transitions
• Additional fixes to less common server crashes
12:03am 15/11/13 Permalink
Towley
Sydney, New South Wales
24 posts
No server crashes with max players however my game crashed three times and the sound bug on Lancang Dam and Golmud Railway is still there
12:51am 15/11/13 Permalink
PeteOdeath
Townsville, Queensland
9 posts
Apparently R10 was released and now everyone's server crashes at end of round lol.
05:58am 15/11/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
17 posts
Another update or two. It's almost comical now.....

First:
DICE has released Battlefield 4 ranked game server patch version R10!

The R10 patch is being released to address issues/bugs that result in the BF4 servers becoming unstable and crashing

THEN:

DICE has now released an emergency fix to address the rampant server crashing caused in part by the release of the R10 server patch earlier today.
07:29am 15/11/13 Permalink
SnotGoblin
New Zealand
5 posts
Taking so bloody long for DICE to sort their s*** out...... Stupid thing is a lot of these issues they had in the BETA and they fixed them in a week, 2+ weeks after full game launch, and every single update breaks everything more.

Bloody tower in Shanghai kicks half the server every time it comes down, was the same in the BETA, they fixed it quickly though for the BETA, full game, any fix in sight after 10 server side updates, nope.....

BF3 finished up with R39 update, 2 weeks into BF4 and we are 1/4 of the way there already lol....

Makes a real joke of the whole BETA testing process, and of course pre-ordering the game :)

Might be fixed in a few months....maybe
08:21am 15/11/13 Permalink
BiGGGGRED
16 posts
So are we going to be credited days onto our services for the amount of down time and crashes
10:52am 15/11/13 Permalink
Taverner
3 posts
So are we going to be credited days onto our services for the amount of down time and crashes

We're paying for servers to be hosted. I personally don't feel a need to blame Ausgamers for issues the game is having - if it's server instability due to misconfiguration/overloading that's another matter. At this stage it's not, so all we can do is wait for DICE.
11:52am 15/11/13 Permalink
Roundie
Perth, Western Australia
36 posts
Just a reminder, this isn't uncommon. Similar things happened with BF3 too. Chase DICE for a refund (good luck!) for the amount of issues on release. The hosting part has been pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned.
12:21pm 15/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1066 posts
Just a note: R9/10 now very strictly enforce the normal / hardcore requirements in the most recent documentation, including locking tickets to 100%, idle timeout to exactly 300 seconds etc. You can check the bf4 default config changelog for some more information. http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/thread.php/3373662

Most recent admin docs are here:
http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-games/BF4/ServerDocumentation/BF4_PC_Server_R7_88472_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip
12:40pm 15/11/13 Permalink
BiGGGGRED
17 posts
But we dont rent the servers off dice we rent it off Ausgamers it would be nice if they did add a few days to our subscribtions for all the f***ups from DICE. The admin team here is the best and hopefully one day soon we can have that server stability that we are all waiting for
12:41pm 15/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1068 posts
It is a balance - our costs of providing the service are actually far higher (I'm talking orders of magnitude higher) when the servers are unstable, but in the end we are here to make gamers happy.

If anyone feels that some compensation is appropriate, use the contact form and we can talk directly about it. I won't guarantee anything, but I'll read any requests with an open mind. As much as I love you all, I can't discuss this sort of thing on an open forum.
12:57pm 15/11/13 Permalink
SnotGoblin
New Zealand
6 posts
Not AusGamers fault for S***** Server builds by DICE and EA releasing a broken game yet again :)

Your guys service has been pretty damn good IMO..... We use 2 GSP's, and neither is more stable than the other,
So its not GSP specific! We would rather support the local crowd though, than give our money to the overseas corps :)

Keep up the good work AusGamers :)
01:13pm 15/11/13 Permalink
MAG
Other International
6 posts
Not AusGamers fault for S***** Server builds by DICE and EA releasing a broken game yet again :)Your guys service has been pretty damn good IMO.....

Agreed. If Ausgamers were at fault here some credit might be warranted however the problems here are clearly Dice's fault.

But we dont rent the servers off dice we rent it off Ausgamers it would be nice if they did add a few days to our subscribtions for all the f***ups from DICE.

And if you start doing crap like this all you end up doing is making it more expensive for us in the long term. If Ausgamers were to be held responsible for everything that was out of their control they would have to raise the prices to cover themselves for eventualities just like this.
04:06pm 15/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:06pm 15/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.