Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Battlefield 1's 'Giant's Shadow' Update Also Bri...
KostaAndreadis
Melbourne, Victoria
1631 posts
Dropping tomorrow, to give those Season Pass snobs a head start, the latest Battlefield 1 patch is set to bring a number of changes to the game in addition to the new map. And, the very cool crossbow grenade launcher. One of the notable new additions is the introduction of a long overdue Spectator Mode. But, an overhauled one that will also allow the player to free-roam the map, apply various camera filters, and take a god's eye view of the battle. In addition to the usual watching your squad mates get ambushed.

Another notable change is the all-round shotgun nerf, that reduces the range and one-shot kill distance of the M97 Trench Gun, Model 10-A, and Sawed Off Shotgun buckshot variants.

Also included in the update is a new Custom Game option -- Standard Issue Rifles. Which, like the name suggests should provide players with a more historically accurate version of World War 1 trench warfare. In that not everyone was armed with machine gun prototypes.

The patch notes are pretty extensive, and you can check them out here.
01:36pm 13/12/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:36pm 13/12/16 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23490 posts
they also need to nerf the assult SMGs - so annoying getting sniped from 50m away by assault players. but yes shotgun nerf is appreciated.
03:15pm 13/12/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2568 posts
I don't even really think that SMGs should be in the game. but whatever. The shotguns did need changing but I hope they don't swing the nerf bat at the slug shotgun, I like to use it sometimes.

Also, I think I spotted someone.

http://i.imgur.com/MbyCdUR.jpg
04:55pm 13/12/16 Permalink
FSCB
South Australia
148 posts
Sniper 50m away by assault players? I think you are playing a different game mate.
Bf1 assault is so interesting simply because the weapons are s*** past 30m. 1 kill per magazine if you are lucky. It's a good balance that forces you to attack and rush in as an assault unit...instead of camp back and use a very accurate ak47 or m416 like other games.
05:15pm 13/12/16 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23491 posts
assault players roam maps with impunity. zero f**** given.
05:36pm 13/12/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2570 posts
Everyone must be downloading the update, 8:20pm and there is hardly anyone playing. There was a server with 47 players, it was the giant's shadow map but since I don't have premium, I can't get into it.
09:21pm 13/12/16 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23492 posts
yeah i just got it. 1.96gb
09:25pm 13/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6177 posts
Thank christ they have fixed the horrible GUI texture flickering for SLI users, the SLI is not perfect as it pretty much was pre November patch but at least its looking good, a driver revision from Nvidia should tweak it back up to my previous performance. I can enjoy the great visuals at decent speeds and it's not flickering anymore, especially in Ballroom Blitz which was horrendous in the 'C' objective Ballroom, truly epileptic inducing flickering in there. All good now, just need Nvidia to get a driver out asap.

Now to try out the new weapon balancing and the spectator mode, it will be good to follow some really good players and watch their style and tactics etc..
11:49pm 13/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6178 posts
MIght have spoke too soon, EA accounts is not available at the moment and the Origin client won't connect, it defaulting to offline mode at this point in time.
grrrr
11:51pm 13/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6179 posts
Yep EA/Origin is sucking the big one right now, Worldwide it would seem...maybe the demand for the patch blue a fuze? :)

EA server status
12:05am 14/12/16 Permalink
Taipan
USA
5005 posts
Glad they retweeked mortars and buffed the landship. I was playing for a little early this morning and found that mortars weren't the issue some people cried they would be, mind you I didn't think they were that much of an issue to begin with. They certainly teach people not to bunch up to much. Im also glad they messed with the shotguns but I really don't see it making much of a difference since the bulk of shotgun kills seem to happen within feet of the person using it anyway. I wish theyd buff the LMG's a fraction since the damage at range is some what pathetic.

From what I have seen so far though this patch has been pretty damn good.
08:04am 14/12/16 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
649 posts
Fark when are we going to get operations mode added to the server browser ffs!!?? By far the most fun i've had playing BF1 but it's so damn hit and miss even getting a game it's just a waste of bloody time at the moment...
12:06pm 14/12/16 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
23494 posts
yeah it sucks when you spend all that time loading and the fkn server is empty.
01:00pm 14/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6180 posts
Got my best multi kill ever last night, 7 kills on one hit. Lined up and directly hit a Heavy Assault tank which was stationary, with two guys standing outside it, one guy was repairing it I think and the other guy was running towards it to get in I assume. But I hit that baby clean with both heavy bombs and up she went, I couldn't believe the kill feed as I pulled up from the run. Probably never be lucky enough to pull off a hit like that again. T'was sweet.
05:38pm 14/12/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2571 posts
There doesn't seem to be anyone online at all.....Da faq is going on?

http://i.imgur.com/pYkah71.jpg
09:20pm 14/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6181 posts
There doesn't seem to be anyone online at all.....Da faq is going on?

Yeah, it's a bit scary, because a LOT of people got very salty after the November patch that broke so much for so many people. DX crashes, SLI texture/GUI flickering issues, massive fps drops....there is a thread over on the Battlefield forums that is now over 430 pages long just on the DX function crashes alone. A lot of people have been spitting chips and stating that they are leaving the game, but you get that with every title I guess. Having said that I didn't play for two weeks because of the screen burn issue some people copped and well, the history of Dice/EA sort of d***ing round for a year to get a game right (aka BF4 etc) has left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Also a lot of people have been getting on the forum and simply saying they are getting bored with the game.

Me?,I like the game. I hope they do WW2 next time and do Wake Island again..oh god how cool would that be?
01:09am 15/12/16 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
2572 posts
Overall I like it, It's a battlefield game. I get to shoot things and be terrible at it. I would like more vehicles types but I think those will be coming out in the first DLC.

I would cream my pants for a WW2 or 2142 game, as you guys know. Dat Wake Island. Dat M1 Garand and Sturmgewehr 44.

Also, Does anyone else besides me, Only play conquest?
02:07pm 15/12/16 Permalink
Psycho
Brisbane, Queensland
6182 posts
Overall I like it, It's a battlefield game. I get to shoot things and be terrible at it. I would like more vehicles types but I think those will be coming out in the first DLC. I would cream my pants for a WW2 or 2142 game, as you guys know. Dat Wake Island. Dat M1 Garand and Sturmgewehr 44. Also, Does anyone else besides me, Only play conquest?

Well for now I play Conquest, but everytime I try to play operations I find either and empty server, or one full of gumbies that don't seem to want to PTFO. 2 hrs ago, I was shooting and screaming at this wanker 'YNDEB' to drop some health and he blatantly ignored me and other teammates. Sat at the back of the map in a landship and was just lobbing shells into areas, we were calling for this idiot to move up and press foirward but he just sat there in his landship firing artillery shots, doing nothing. When he eventually did move forward and get out of the tank it was obvious that all he was interested in was his K/D. Running right past downed teammates, ignoring me when Im jumping up and down in front of him screaming for a heal, even shooting him to get his attention, he just ran off to get more kills on his tally sheet....what a supreme wanker.

And yes, a P-51D in a remake of 1942 with the frostbite engine, would ceertainly moisten the loins. :)
03:45am 18/12/16 Permalink
MrWolf
Gold Coast, Queensland
264 posts
I'm conquest only & am loving the game thus far with the exception of the same gripes Psycho mentioned. I find myself squad hopping until I find a good leader or a team that works together, but once I find a good crew I can happily play for hours (or until my 2yr old intervenes) :D

lols to the losers whinging about the shotty's, it's like whinging about campers/snipers. It's part of the game, deal with it!

All in all, a pretty solid effort from EA/Dice (certainly better than the larger majority of their releases anyway).
07:11am 18/12/16 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8456 posts
i find myself screaming expletives for the first hour or so, but then finally find a squad that's not INDIVIDUALLY crouched in the corner rubbing poo through their hair and then i calm down a lot and enjoy the game more.
03:43pm 20/12/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:43pm 20/12/16 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.