Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Dota 2 - Boston Major - Main Event Schedule
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
475 posts
The Group Stages have wrapped up, and the Main Event kicks off tomorrow morning! We'll be covering the Main Event, taking you through what you missed and picking out a few highlight games as well, so stay glued to AusGamers over the coming days as we watch the Boston Major! And if you need to know times for each game, we've got them below.

So we've already told you how to watch the Boston Major. We'll be watching it on Youtube. The times for the Main Event are as follows!

All times are in AEDT
8/12
2AM - Virtus.pro vs iG Vitality.
5:30AM - Evil Geniuses vs Wings Gaming
9AM - compLexity Gaming vs WarriorsGaming.Unity
12:30PM OG vs MVP Phoenix

9/12
2AM - Digital Chaos vs Team Faceless
5:30AM - EHOME vs Team NP
9AM - Ad Finem vs Newbee
12:30PM - LGD Gaming vs LGD ForeverYoung

If you want to know how the teams got themselves into this position, head over to our Group Stages wrap-ups
Day 1
Day 2

Who do you think will win it all? With the removal of double elimination, the Main Event now has easy and hard runs. iG Vitality has an exceptionally difficult run, for example, clustered as they are with Virtus.pro and Wings. To get to the semis, the secondary off-shoot of Invictus Gaming has to beat the winners of the most recent Premier tournament, The Summit 6, and they then have to take on either The International 2015 champions or The International 2016 champions. What's most likely, based on current form, is that we'll see Wings and Virtus.pro duke it out in a Quarter Finals match-up. And this is where Double Eliminations would have been preferable — ideally whichever team drops in the Quarters would then have an opportunity to fight their way through the loser's bracket for a second chance.
04:41pm 07/12/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:41pm 07/12/16 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
USA
38653 posts
Rock on! I'd like to say I have some idea of "the scene" as I've watched most of the big Dota tourneys but I find it really hard to remember the team names or care about who is in them. I mostly like just watching the games and don't have anything invested in the outcome. Maybe if there was an Aussie team in the mix.
05:51am 08/12/16 Permalink
Joaby
Sydney, New South Wales
476 posts
Maybe just follow Newbee, MVP Phoenix or OG. kpii, Velo and Ana are all Aussies. I think if an Aussie can win a Major we might be able to push the game a bit better here. But at the moment the best players all leave.
07:29am 08/12/16 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:29am 08/12/16 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.