Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Bogan neighbours advice
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
10699 posts
My girlfriend and I have recently moved into a unit in Balmoral on a 6 month rental lease. We have these bogan neighbours diagonally down from us (it is a two story unit complex) who have a decent sound system that plays the eminem discography every night till about 9 or 10pm. The base is quite clear throughout our whole unit. I am pretty reasonable on weekends but not every weekday. If they were playing some decent balearic house beats I might be cool with it.

I'd go speak to them and sort it out but they don't seem like reasonable people. Bogan accent and vocabulary and I often hear quite aggressive language. Also I work different hours to my girlfriend and wouldn't want her getting harassed by them when I leave for work.

My preferred option at this stage is getting someone to replace us on the lease. I guess my options are trying to reason with them, contacting council/police, contact property manager.

Anyway anyone have any similar stories/advice? Thanks.
07:42pm 02/07/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:42pm 02/07/14 Permalink
dewb
Brisbane, Queensland
4714 posts
nearly as bad as my f***wit neighbour who has a rooster that goes off at 4am every morning.

talk to them. or complain to the pm/body corp.
07:49pm 02/07/14 Permalink
ytime
South Korea
105 posts
The steps in sorting this out if you are a decent person is:

A) Talk to them and ask nicely.
B) Complain

Heaps of people to complain to. There's a specific dB you can't exceed, but by the time you have the cops involved you gf will be getting harassed/. Best option is talk to them
07:59pm 02/07/14 Permalink
Jeffro
Toowoomba, Queensland
226 posts
Mate I lived in a unit complex in Beenleigh when I was in my 3rd year of Uni and had a tribe of aboriginals over the fence who were shockers. Worse then any Bogan Aussies could ever be. It was a simple call to the cops that stopped most of the uglier incidents from getting out of hand.
08:04pm 02/07/14 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
11153 posts
Maybe thats why the previous tenants left.

Contact the Real Estate and tell them you wernt warned about the incessant noise at night and want out of your Lease.

Real Estate -> Owner -> Body Corporate
08:29pm 02/07/14 Permalink
Meddek
Gold Coast, Queensland
2180 posts
I listen to eminem and I'm not bogan
08:31pm 02/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19838 posts
Just get a sick sound system and blast some 170bpm hardstyle especially some of the old hardcore stuff from the 90's over the top of their enimen or at a time early in the morning when they don't have music on
08:35pm 02/07/14 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
10700 posts
Just get a sick sound system and blast some 170bpm hardstyle especially some of the old hardcore stuff from the 90's over the top of their enimen or at a time early in the morning when they don't have music on

^ I would do this option but below us there is a young family with a newborn (who are copping this worse than us mind you). They must be going mental. bit too considerate to retaliate
08:40pm 02/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2251 posts
I bet they're playing it from a platter hard drive too. One can only image the ensuing pain for everyone in range.

Poor bastard.
08:48pm 02/07/14 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1844 posts
Convince downstairs neighbour to talk to the bogans.
08:50pm 02/07/14 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
5092 posts
firstly just intro yourself as the new tenants on the block. a nice friendly no issues hi we're the new guys.

this is a good way to sus them out and get a feel for attitude.

over a couple of weeks swap some banter when you see them. crack a few jokes, etc etc. basically build some non confrontational rapport with them for a while.

this then breaks the barrier of you coming straight from a confrontational approach because they "know" you when you are ready to complain.

if all this fails get Spook over with a carton of VB he probably knows them
09:00pm 02/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19839 posts
if all this fails get Spook over with a carton of VB he probably knows them

Haha it's funny because it's true
09:03pm 02/07/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21655 posts
this is all covered in Bad Neighbours.
09:11pm 02/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15946 posts

nearly as bad as my f***wit neighbour who has a rooster that goes off at 4am every morning.

Where do you live? You can't legally have roosters in most suburban areas. Tell em to get rid of it.
10:17pm 02/07/14 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
4548 posts
F*** taking the time to know them and ask them nicely. Assuming they're bogans and you dont want to risk s*** happening...

Complain to whoever manages the place and request they deal with the matter without mentioning who made the complaint. In a building full of tennants, the bogans wont be sure who made the complaint. From memory there may be some sort of formal complaint form that you can fill out which demands the matter be corrected or else you allowed to leave tenancy without repercussions.

Been a while since i did the rent thing but at one stage we had some electrical problem. Contacted rental place a few times and they didnt seem to care. A week or so passes. Thought f*** it, filled out the form, it gives them something like a week to fix or you can leave without breaking your lease. Problem was fixed immediately. Obviously a neighbour complaint is different so maybe record their music volume and time as proof.
10:30pm 02/07/14 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
10701 posts
Went with the anonymous cops option after trying to knock (bang) on there door. Could hear them trying to guess who it was for a bit then moving on. Swear these c**** are the voice actors for ciggy butt brain.

Cops took like less than 5 mins to turn up.
11:04pm 02/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2253 posts
Tell them there's a sweet VN commodore doing single peggers up at the local maccas.
12:02am 03/07/14 Permalink
cherocha
Queensland
633 posts
You should break into their place at the best available opportunity, and plant a kg of meth somewhere inside the house, then give the police an anonymous tip-off. Or you could sell the meth and put down a payment on a nice unit or house in a decent area.
12:18am 03/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2254 posts
Or you could sell the meth and put down a pavement on a nice unit or house in a decent area.

I read it as that, and the meaning completely changed.
01:12am 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38081 posts
I bet they're playing it from a platter hard drive too. One can only image the ensuing pain for everyone in range.

haha

i would have just gone to real estate bro, they can sort this s*** out.
06:37am 03/07/14 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
676 posts
I wouldn't confront them even if you're an intimidating mofo. Nobody wants to live next to people you have beef with and as you said you're not always there when the gf is. Deads**** like that might give her a hard time when they know you're out.

I would contact the real estate agent. Maybe they manage the bogans unit as well or know the landlord (assuming they rent). Make sure the real estate tells your landlord so they can sort it out. Your landlord wants happy tenants so you don't move out after six months.
08:42am 03/07/14 Permalink
ctd
Brisbane, Queensland
10702 posts
Yeah we are contacting the property manager today - had enough. Cheers guys.
09:16am 03/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19840 posts
man up, cut the head off there cat and write 'turn your music down' in it's blood on their door
09:27am 03/07/14 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7479 posts
Swear these c**** are the voice actors for ciggy butt brain.

ahahaha! i rekn i saw the guys that video was based on at strathpine train station a few months ago... dead ringers! hahah!
09:32am 03/07/14 Permalink
Pieman
Brisbane, Queensland
84 posts
don't hesitate to call the Police again if there is more music. The PPRA was recently amended so that noise abatement directions are now all given for 96 hours (used to be a max of 12). Police can confiscate stereo's / hand out on the spot fines / give notice to appears if it starts up again in that period.

There is no need to put up with anti-social behaviour from f*ckwit neighbours
09:47am 03/07/14 Permalink
Meddek
Gold Coast, Queensland
2184 posts
Just call the police and tell them you think they have motorcycles and black leather jackets and they have more then three friends over.
10:06am 03/07/14 Permalink
dewb
Brisbane, Queensland
4715 posts
Where do you live? You can't legally have roosters in most suburban areas. Tell em to get rid of it.

Albany Creek. Surrounded by bogan neighbours.. the rooster isn't even the worst of it. Think I will just move soon.
10:24am 03/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2255 posts
man up, cut the head off there cat and write 'turn your music down' in it's blood on their door
http://i.imgur.com/zN7YEco.jpg
10:32am 03/07/14 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1800 posts

Albany Crack

That's what we call it anyway.
11:21am 03/07/14 Permalink
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
929 posts
Me and the missus recently moved into a nice residential area close to a school. Had one small noise issue with a party a few weeks back but they put notices in letter boxes a few days before to let people know. Had no issue with that but then, I'm guessing teenage kids home alone during school holidays, are playing massive bass during the day (I work nights). No biggie for me I was once the same, but then the missus calls me saying its still going on at night and daughter can't sleep with it going on. Next thing you know my old man has gone around there and abused the kids about it (was baby sitting while missus went to the gym). Next day the parent comes around and apologizes for their s**** of kids and promises they wont make a sound from now on.
11:31am 03/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19842 posts
thank god for dupstep
12:46pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38083 posts

haha
01:56pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Jim
UK
13553 posts
never had a neighbour yet whose stereo could out-loud a 100w marshall tsl. you do have to be careful though cos you do risk literally shattering your own windows
02:17pm 03/07/14 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
8201 posts
What street in Balmoral?
03:25pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38084 posts
never had a neighbour yet whose stereo could out-loud a 100w marshall tsl
and if you put a guitar over that, everyone would be in tears :(
03:32pm 03/07/14 Permalink
DeathSyndrome
Brisbane, Queensland
859 posts
06:01pm 03/07/14 Permalink
trillion
Gladstone, Queensland
3591 posts
nearly as bad as my f***wit neighbour whose alarm is constantly going off on him because he get's home at weird as f*** hours between 2am - 5am

06:19pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38085 posts
pffft, id go hardcore newcastle stylez

06:42pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38086 posts
07:08pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38087 posts
07:23pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2631 posts
Until recently I had neighbours that on a regular basis would do burnouts in their own driveway on a weekly basis.
One night at 7pm I was having dinner with my wife's parents over and our who house was filled with tire smoke.

I asked them politely to stop doing it a week later they were doing it again. Called the cops the cops either wouldn't come or if they did they couldn't do anything unless it was actually happening. Put cameras up, contacted the real estate agent who responded quickly but didn't do anything.

In the end I called the owner who I had met when they renovated the place and within a month they were gone.

They were all like 30 year old male kiwi's. nuff said
09:27pm 03/07/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21661 posts

Racist.
09:53pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
2345 posts

haha, I laughed at that idea.
11:46pm 03/07/14 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2632 posts

Racist

Is it still racist if they were white?
02:02pm 04/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15955 posts
It is racist if you intend insult through comment on someones race. If you don't intend to insult, then it isn't racism but stereotyping.
02:10pm 04/07/14 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2633 posts
I thought I was stereotyping not being racist.
They were children in adult bodies.
02:52pm 04/07/14 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
989 posts
I'm not sure if it's been said or not but here goes; similar sitch in our complex - young couple crank 'does beats yo, get a breach due to a certain number of complaints by various residents to the housing manager being met - young people continue to play 'does beats yo - get (2) two more breaches (not the SLugMan breaking the surface of a pool type breach either, then kaboom they got evicted. Whole process took (6) six weeks - take from all that what you will! :)
04:32pm 04/07/14 Permalink
dewb
Brisbane, Queensland
4716 posts
thanks for your insightful contribution
04:56pm 04/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19847 posts
you seem to have been away for a while jc m8
05:34pm 04/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2262 posts
I'm not sure if it's been said or not but here goes; similar sitch in our complex - young couple crank 'does beats yo, get a breach due to a certain number of complaints by various residents to the housing manager being met - young people continue to play 'does beats yo - get (2) two more breaches (not the SLugMan breaking the surface of a pool type breach either, then kaboom they got evicted. Whole process took (6) six weeks - take from all that what you will! :)

I hope you bang on the ceiling of your penthouse and tell them to knock it off.
05:39pm 04/07/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21662 posts
If you don't intend to insult, then it isn't racism but stereotyping.

Any form of prejudging on the ground of race/ethnicity is racist. Fpot should have been in here by now to call you out.
06:37pm 04/07/14 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2634 posts
I was merely making a correlation with them being bogans and also kiwi's.
06:47am 05/07/14 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
990 posts
Oh ph33x, I can feel your eyes burning into the back of my head, so much love! A penthouse not on the top floor of a complex is still a penthouse, is a penthouse, is a penthouse, is a penthouse, is a penthouse etc, yawn - Re: wiki in sig for FSlug. Maybe you should ring my real estate agent and argue the point with him?

Yeah paveway, busy with work(s). Glad to see you are still alive - gotta be happy with that eh? :)
07:12am 05/07/14 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
5063 posts
er, a penthouse can only be the top level, (in the case of multiple "tier" there might be some that are not at the highest point of the building, but they have to be the top of that section)

s***, the clue is in the name tophouse

also, did you think your agent will be honest with you in this regards, he sold you a "penthouse" (or your renting) that may fit some really cheeky definition in order to market at sell/rent a penthouse when infact it isn't (thus you pay more for the word where in reality you have yourself a luxury apartment)
07:48am 05/07/14 Permalink
dewb
Brisbane, Queensland
4717 posts
sounds like your real estate trolled the f*** out of you, yo
08:21am 05/07/14 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
24432 posts
haha, but it is a penthouse, the guy who took my money said so!

You should post more often jc. I know it must take a lot of courage for you to post these days but try and be a little bit brave about it.
04:32pm 05/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19852 posts
why would it take courage when you think your posts are so witty
04:38pm 05/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15958 posts
Oxford Dictionary meaning for penthouse:

A flat on the top floor of a tall building, typically one that is luxuriously fitted.

So yeah..

A penthouse not on the top floor of a complex is still a penthouse

No it isn't. It is just another common apartment.

Infi: As for Racism.

The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races: theories of racism
More example sentences
1.1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior:

The key part, as you can see, is the belief that one race is superior or inferior to another. If there is no such belief there, then it isn't racism and comes under stereotyping.

last edited by Tollaz0r! at 18:01:47 05/Jul/14
05:59pm 05/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38089 posts
yer, id hold up on that toll, there are many penthouses on a big building these days.

pave, did we not have a penthouse for your bucks?
06:30pm 05/07/14 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2908 posts
JC has to be a troll account, that Facebook is just to funny.
06:39pm 05/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19853 posts
pave, did we not have a penthouse for your bucks?

sub-penthouse
06:56pm 05/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15959 posts
Two to and too. Anyway, I'm just gunna go and call my house a penthouse and my land an estate. Actually no, a Mansion on my Estate.

You can address me as Lord Toll from here on thanks.

06:58pm 05/07/14 Permalink
Jboy
Other International
146 posts
Lucky you it's only 9 and 10pm, There's an apartment for rent above me and the new occupants play music till 2am and sing along (with a rather horrid voice), had to close my window 2 nights ago, couldn't sleep with the noise.
08:54pm 05/07/14 Permalink
Alan Partridge
Brisbane, Queensland
2599 posts
Was fully on your side, then this happened

If they were playing some decent balearic house beats I might be cool with it.
07:19am 06/07/14 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
993 posts
Oh man, the half nelson and the slug with his victory over me in his pretty head - I'd PS a picture of your dial on a a blue whale breaching, but , alas, I'm at Fitness First Platinum on the silly macs getting stared down by my hotties sweating it out - oh wait, they are paying me to do this. Maybe we will go back to my pad afterwards for a warm down! After all, its only 4 minutes jog away.

Hey SlugPot, quick question - do you ever save up to go on a day trip the the big smoke in Brissie to buy a cd on a Saturday morning? Something special to look forward to I guess -you could even catch a train if you've been a good boy at your little jaw by and eased off the chippies to save up for the big transport moneys!

Want a pic of my team of hotties? Oh wait, you can't - it's on my FB private folder. :)

Slooooooow Buuuuuurnnnnnnnnnnn, venti styles.

09:05am 06/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19854 posts
he mad

it is great watching you try to prove yourself though
09:13am 06/07/14 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
5068 posts
from a quick look at your facebook, it seems that the thing you like to take photos of the most is your face, I think the girls come second in your world

but you do seem to ignore alot of the other posts, and just work towards fpot, is there an attraction you need to deal with?
09:55am 06/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15960 posts
fpot cant help but gobble down Troll bait.

Also, let the boy be, he is in happy place at the moment thinking he is king of the world. Let him have that, his manhood still awaits.
10:13am 06/07/14 Permalink
cherocha
Queensland
635 posts
What the f***?
11:08am 06/07/14 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
11158 posts
jc whats with your pics ?

you got the same look in all of them, its kind of like Blue Steel but with a botox overdose. You got the Steven Seagal thing goin on there.
12:00pm 06/07/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21677 posts
that is his money maker.
01:07pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15961 posts
He is too young to need botox Faceman, give it time.
01:22pm 06/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2265 posts
Once I was in a penthouse that had 2 floors above it.

Wait, that was a 3 story, single penthouse. My bad.
01:37pm 06/07/14 Permalink
baz
Victoria
615 posts
Win them over with this song

What about an old classic called Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley.

Loud
On repeat
all day long.

They would be begging by the time you got home.

This one time at....camping at the Murray River over the easter long weekend. C****.....c**** everywhere playing s*** music really loud till 4am.
For revenge my brother in law started tearing around the camp with a Baja at 7 the next morning. Oh and someone forgot to put the bung plugs in and they woke up to find their fully sick speed boat 3/4 under water. Pretty sweet boat being used as yabbie trap, nice work f***heads.
02:13pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38092 posts
i have now realised, i need a propper look to assume in photos, i will start practicing immediately.
02:28pm 06/07/14 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
5069 posts
pics or lying spook
02:43pm 06/07/14 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
21678 posts
Lmfao
03:53pm 06/07/14 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
24433 posts
That's some goood meltdown. I'm a little bit afraid some people aren't getting as much out of it as me though. To make sure you are follow these two easy steps.

First watch this hi-larious youtube video

Now instead of reading the post in your own voice, read it the gormy little f***'s voice that you just heard in the video, here try it

Oh man, the half nelson and the slug with his victory over me in his pretty head - I'd PS a picture of your dial on a a blue whale breaching, but , alas, I'm at Fitness First Platinum on the silly macs getting stared down by my hotties sweating it out - oh wait, they are paying me to do this. Maybe we will go back to my pad afterwards for a warm down! After all, its only 4 minutes jog away.

Hey SlugPot, quick question - do you ever save up to go on a day trip the the big smoke in Brissie to buy a cd on a Saturday morning? Something special to look forward to I guess -you could even catch a train if you've been a good boy at your little jaw by and eased off the chippies to save up for the big transport moneys!

Want a pic of my team of hotties? Oh wait, you can't - it's on my FB private folder. :)

Slooooooow Buuuuuurnnnnnnnnnnn, venti styles.

It really is one of life's petty pleasures to see people like our special friend here crumple into a heap over words on an internet forum. Keep it coming pal.
04:55pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Alan Partridge
Brisbane, Queensland
2601 posts
wow. qgl still got it.
05:50pm 06/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19856 posts
haha that video

nothing even needs to be said
06:13pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
15962 posts
It's not even landscape. That is the truest fail.
06:23pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38094 posts
pave you muthafarker
06:24pm 06/07/14 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
2266 posts
F***, someone give fpot a cookie.
06:37pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
38095 posts
i got a special cookie for him
07:19pm 06/07/14 Permalink
justrev
Melbourne, Victoria
489 posts
That was the voice I was using for the quote already...... but thanks for the confirmation.....
07:32pm 06/07/14 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
5070 posts
F***, someone give fpot a cookie.

this

and that was totes not the voice, it makes it so much worse than I pictured, which makes it so much better
10:29pm 06/07/14 Permalink
Jc_23
Brisbane, Queensland
996 posts
Clutching SlugIlliterate - clutching.

Glad to see you are still breathing though! Holes in the back tend to help with that. ;)
07:57am 09/07/14 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
19871 posts
Haha still hanging in there
08:06am 09/07/14 Permalink
BOOST
Brisbane, Queensland
677 posts
This thread turned out great.. I always assumed Jc_23 was just a troll account
08:52am 09/07/14 Permalink
taggs
6348 posts
I'm at Fitness First Platinum on the silly macs getting stared down by my hotties sweating it out - oh wait, they are paying me to do this. Maybe we will go back to my pad afterwards for a warm down! After all, its only 4 minutes jog away. 

Hahaha I can't believe you're a real person.

Got any professional modelling jobs lately, jc? Actually, probably don't need to ask as you're such a delusional narcissist that if you ever did you'd have posted all about it on your facebook for your legions of adoring fans.
10:49am 09/07/14 Permalink
ytime
South Korea
119 posts
I keep getting JC's Facebook profile popping up on my "people you may know" tab. What the f***.
11:01am 09/07/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:01am 09/07/14 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.