Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Air Con Installation
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
3089 posts
Shortly I'll be looking at getting Air Con installed in a few rooms of a unit - just a few split systems I think will be the way to go.

Has anyone used anyone recently for the installation etc that they would recommend? I'm at Indooroopilly, but I anything anyone in the Brisbane area should service Indro.

Thanks!
04:15pm 17/09/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:15pm 17/09/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5841 posts
I got ducted Air Con for my apartment last year as weren't allowed to have more than 1 box out side. They did a great job and can recommend them.

http://www.refreshair.com.au/
04:20pm 17/09/13 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4556 posts
can help you out zapo mate

I can get Panasonic units at pretty excellent prices.

email speedyrac@gmail.com and can work out a time to come give a free quote, cheers
04:29pm 17/09/13 Permalink
Coldy
Brisbane, Queensland
238 posts
Scooby is awesome, do recommend.

If you need pricing on any split systems let me know. I own Bi-Rite Electrical Beenleigh (shameless plug) and can supply all brands at super duper prices. I personally prefer Mitsubishi Heavy Ind. / Panasonic / Fujitsu but I do sell ALL brands.
04:44pm 17/09/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
22154 posts
wasn't it scooby who said who cares if the job looks s***house, as long as it works and that you get what you pay for?

if I was going to get something put into multiple rooms I'd go ducted if possible.
05:14pm 17/09/13 Permalink
d0mino
Melbourne, Victoria
5340 posts
You're not buying the Moaner Lisa! It's a bloody air-con, mate.
05:20pm 17/09/13 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
11159 posts
the Moaner Lisa
05:23pm 17/09/13 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
3090 posts
Scooby, I'll be in touch mate, probably a few months away though from sealing the deal though.

We're buying a unit, so I didn't think Ducted would even be an option??
05:28pm 17/09/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
4247 posts
wasn't it scooby who said who cares if the job looks s***house, as long as it works and that you get what you pay for?if I was going to get something put into multiple rooms I'd go ducted if possible.

I think you'll find his point was along the line of you get what you pay for.

people pay $30 for a car wash, and get s***** that their car isn't fully detailed, hand waxed and steam cleaned the engined
05:34pm 17/09/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
4465 posts
We're buying a unit, so I didn't think Ducted would even be an option??

if it's in a multi story and you're not top floor, then yeah probably not.

you can often get install deals when you purchase. I got 2 Splits last xmas from Good Guys with install included. check out them and HN.
05:46pm 17/09/13 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
4037 posts
I had a good experience with http://www.aussieairconditioning.com.au. Quote came out right, but with a lot of these companies I suspect the quality will come down to whoever they have contracting for them on the day.
05:58pm 17/09/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
10727 posts
Air Con on humid summer nights is better than Sex.
06:02pm 17/09/13 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8342 posts
Personally, not a fan of ducted unless each room can be isolated.

This massive big house we lived in had only 3 sections and 6 bedrooms.
If one person didn't want aircon on in their bedrooms, then no one could :/

(cept me, I was in the master bedroon an it was on an isolated switch. :D
08:01pm 17/09/13 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2195 posts
we went with http://www.genesisairservices.com.au. they were great, not the cheapest but their work was spot on and after sales service is top shelf.
08:49pm 17/09/13 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
4038 posts
I went overkill on air conditioners, 2.6KW for my room, 5.2KW for the main area in a 2 bedroom unit. I was worried it was not going to be enough until they turned them on to test it and the house turned into the Arctic in 10 minutes.
09:09pm 17/09/13 Permalink
Snakeman
Queensland
904 posts
Where have you been Scooby??? You lived at the other end of the footy field to me in Holland park but your ute's not there anymore ??
09:42pm 17/09/13 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4557 posts
stacebro :D i bought a house at springwood. I do miss living in my old tiny townhouse at HP :< howv you been mate?
03:29pm 18/09/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
22160 posts
I think you'll find his point was along the line of you get what you pay for. people pay $30 for a car wash, and get s***** that their car isn't fully detailed, hand waxed and steam cleaned the engined

Yep, found the post:
http://i.imgur.com/BmQGIVr.jpg
05:12pm 18/09/13 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10703 posts
y'know what? i've been quiet about the martz gate/scooby post fiasco. Imma weigh in.

Scooby is right. Martz had unrealistic expectations. He got what he paid for.
My brother is a boilermaker. A year or two ago he repaired a fence similar to martz's. The middle bar has the original welds and the two outside bars have his repaired welds after some drunk decided to kick out the bars, plus a dab of supercheap's finest black spraypaint.
http://i.picresize.com/images/2013/09/18/b2fW.jpg
Its about time y'all get of scooby's back.
05:48pm 18/09/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
4255 posts
hardware, off, not of,

thought i'd tell you now incase the hoard are looking for a new back to jump on
06:09pm 18/09/13 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4558 posts
eh, i still agree with what i wrote in that post
aint lining up at centerlink just yet
10:28pm 18/09/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:28pm 18/09/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.