Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
New Total Recall trailer
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19451 posts

It actually looks pretty damn awesome, I'm really looking forward to this now.
12:01pm 28/06/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:01pm 28/06/12 Permalink
jsme
Brisbane, Queensland
48 posts
Holy s*** that looks awesome.
12:05pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20612 posts
Yeah, it looks awesome. Plus it has Kate Beckinsale who is an absolute glamor.
12:07pm 28/06/12 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
526 posts
Jessica Biel & Kate Beckinsale.. This will be glorious.... GLORIOUS!
02:37pm 28/06/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9818 posts
IIRC in the original, it's about a construction worker guy that goes to Rekall a company that gives virtual reality experiences, says he wants a virtual holiday to Mars where he is a secret agent, and then the rest of the movie is exactly that - the fake virtual experience he's having. The plot gets a little fuzzy because part of the fake experience involves the idea that his visit to Rekall infact wiped out his memory that he has always been a secret agent, or something like that. There's no twist, he simply is a construction worker guy and the whole movie is a fantasy.
Is this at all a controversial view of the plot, or is that simply what happened, and probably what will happen in this movie?
02:48pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19453 posts
The arnie movie, and this one, both come from a Phillip K D*** story (I think it was him) called "We can remember it for you wholesale". So this isn't so much a remake of the arnie movie as it is another take on the original story. I haven't read the original story its based on though so I dunno what happens, but apparently this one is closer to the original story than the arnie one was.
03:04pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5012 posts
Kate Beckinsale as Sharon Stone? Yes please.
Producers take note: You'd pack out the cinemas if in two years from now she appeared in a Basic Instinct remake.
03:06pm 28/06/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9819 posts
Yes but is the whole story pretty much the fake implanted memory, or are you supposed to come away from it thinking he really is a secret agent, because if you are - it doesn't make sense. Why would they wipe his memory and then implant the idea that he wanted a holiday to mars and an experience to be a secret agent, which would just lead him right back into the life he already had. If I had an enemy that was a secret agent, I would implant the idea in his head that he wants to be a crack addict and go around spitting at cops... you know to ruin his life. So the whole movie has to be fake - but then if it is... what's the point...

03:10pm 28/06/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20970 posts
They wiped Arnie's memory in the first one because they wanted him to infiltrate the mutants and get to Quato. They had to wipe his memory because the mutants are telepathic and would be on to him if he was trying to fool them.
03:12pm 28/06/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15404 posts
03:14pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20614 posts
If I had an enemy that was a secret agent, I would implant the idea in his head that he wants to be a crack addict and go around spitting at cops

Arnie wasn't an enemy though. Also, if he was an enemy, it would have been alot easier to kill him than implant a memory.
03:18pm 28/06/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
4792 posts
I was on the fence about this, doubtful it'd be any good but yeah that trailer made me want to see it so good job!. Also Bill Nighy for the f*****g win.

Yeah from what I remember of the original, the bad guys wanted to kill the mutant leader but could never get anyone close to him because they can read minds or something. So they had to wipe arnie's memory and get him to voluntarily join the mutant movement to get close to Quato.

last edited by DM at 15:22:32 28/Jun/12
03:18pm 28/06/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9820 posts
ahhh I see....
03:23pm 28/06/12 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3692 posts
I remember last trailer/thread, you lot were like, no mars no care, no arnie no care.. no it's like all orgasmic lol...
03:37pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Jim
UK
12953 posts
how do magnets work thermite?
03:47pm 28/06/12 Permalink
The GuVna
Brisbane, Queensland
1811 posts
I'd like to see it, though I found the one of the producers in the trailer named "Original Film" to be rather ironic :P

& good to see the 3 tittied ladie to make a cameo appearance :)
03:55pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6150 posts
THREE BOOBS!!!!
07:00pm 28/06/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15407 posts
3 boobies? sold!

07:10pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20152 posts
Looks WAY too much like storm troopers at the start in the recall facility. The flying cop cars just scream 5th element. Holographic head instead of an exploding robot head (at least that's what it looked like in the trailer). Do not want.

They wiped Arnie's memory in the first one because they wanted him to infiltrate the mutants and get to Quato. They had to wipe his memory because the mutants are telepathic and would be on to him if he was trying to fool them.

The movie confused the f*** out of me as a kid but when I saw it again as an adult I kind of figured that's how it was. Arnie was a secret agent, they wiped his mind so the mutants wouldn't read his mind, implanted the idea of a trip to mars in his head thinking he'd actually go there and get close to the mutants, only he went to recall instead which f***ed up his mind. His construction worker buddy was pretty serious about keeping him away from recall but if I remember, didn't warn him off actually going to mars, which was the whole plan.
08:21pm 28/06/12 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3756 posts
God damnit, so want to see this. True story, I saw the original movie when it came out with Khel. God I feel old.
08:23pm 28/06/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5985 posts
going against the grain here but that looked absolutley s***house.

I mean sure yeah Kate Becinsale and Jenny Biel are worth jizzing over but the rest of the unoriginal cgi crud just makes me sad.

What was wrong with the original? Why remake it?
08:23pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20153 posts
^^Obviously not enough CGI in the first one.

Nothing will beat the first one, except maybe total recall 2. Don't remake it, just continue the story with arnie + whatever her name was having a son or daughter and some bad s*** goes down, humans vs mutants, she's torn between sides because she was raised by mutants, but she's human, she gets bionic implants & machine guns in her eyes....

wait, where was I going with that again? F***ed if I know, not sure hollywood knows where they're going with this remake either. OH SNAP.
08:30pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4734 posts
. So this isn't so much a remake of the arnie movie as it is another take on the original story. I haven't read the original story its based on though so I dunno what happens, but apparently this one is closer to the original story than the arnie one was.
It's a short story, read it on line somewhere probably only takes 20 minutes to read, i doubt this movie would follow it though because its a bit insane.
08:31pm 28/06/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19588 posts
Looks WAY too much like storm troopers at the start in the recall facility.

Not really. Looks a lot more like Cerberus dudes from Mass Effect 3
12:36pm 20/07/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
16979 posts
can't work out if that is hawt or scary
01:10pm 20/07/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2530 posts
Hawt for sure.
01:37pm 20/07/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9913 posts
do you reckon two of those tits are real or are all three a big piece that sits over her itty bitties?
01:53pm 20/07/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
19591 posts
I'm guessing the latter, because otherwise it means she has a huge gap between her tits, or they're off-center.
02:21pm 20/07/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2531 posts
I'm guessing the latter, because otherwise it means she has a huge gap between her tits, or they're off-center.

Yeah, agreed. Would be some widely spaced natural tits to allow just 1 fake in the mid. Much more likely she has a whole prosthetic covering her torso with 3 fake boobs.
02:26pm 20/07/12 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
724 posts
Looks like an awesome remake! Loved the original.
02:59pm 20/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:59pm 20/07/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.