Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Behringer C-1U USB condenser mic
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5250 posts
Introducing my missus

It's the cheapest possible entry into USB condenser mics at about $130 AUD. I'm more than happy with the sound.

Thought someone might appreciate the test since a few peeps on here seemed interested in that dude who was doing game reviews.
07:06pm 31/03/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:06pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
6090 posts
lol ur g/f sounds hawt pics please

also i'm looking for a wireless mic.. (pref not headset - as in mic only) any suggestions?
07:15pm 31/03/10 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
2840 posts
pics ?
of mic
07:22pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5251 posts
pics ?
of mic

http://www.victormorris.com/files/Behringer-C1U.jpg
It's deceptively large.

@Superform: no experience with wireless mics, sorry. Why wireless? Just sounds like a battery nuisance. If it's not a headset then desk-standing? Which means you could easily just plug it in, right?
07:33pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
4237 posts
Behringer gear is of an exceptional quality given their lack of reputation. When we ere buying gear for TNN we'd generally buy Behringer stuff, as it was as good quality as Senneheiser at 1/3rd the price.

I've actually been looking at a Behringer condender mic myself recently, though more likely the T-47.
09:05pm 31/03/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
2120 posts
Yeah I rate behringer gear, everyone says they are cheap crap, but every behringer product I've bought hasnt failed, has been heaps cheaper compared to the bigger brands and sound pretty good.

Ive got a behringer Mixer, tuner pedal and amp simulator.
09:13pm 31/03/10 Permalink
thug
Brisbane, Queensland
122 posts
yea they make great stuff, i had the bcd 2000 mixer, for about 4 yrs never missed a beat ( i did tho) and got their 3000 now, good times.
09:36pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
6092 posts
yeah the problem is i cant easily plug it in

i sit about 2-3m away from the box and i use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so i cant plug it into that

the othe roption is to get a mic that can pic up voice from a metre or so away but i'm sure that would sound s***

i'm kinda looking at this

http://www.emicrophones.com/p-1216-sennheiser-bw-900-wireless-headset-with-zoom-switch.aspx
09:42pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5252 posts
hmmm, that mic is interesting.

How does your monitor plug in?
11:27pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14529 posts
Where would I buy one of these Behringer condensors mics from?
11:28pm 31/03/10 Permalink
SquarkyD
Brisbane, Queensland
6103 posts
Behringer gear is of an exceptional quality given their lack of reputation. When we ere buying gear for TNN we'd generally buy Behringer stuff, as it was as good quality as Senneheiser at 1/3rd the price.

Granted the C1 is part of the 3-4 products in a range of over 600 that i would say is the exception, but for the most part you have to be f*****g kidding me - I've seen more Behringer gear piled up in the corner because its dead than of any other brand. I've had more behringer gear fail on me than of any other brand by at least 10 fold. For cheap disposable gear sure it will work for a while, but to say its top quality is excessively ignorant of whats out there, and it hardly has a lack of reputation, its got a HUGE reputation and its not a good one!!!
11:39pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
14530 posts
I just want a good quality, good sounding, stand-alone USB mic that doesn't require f*****g around, doesn't need pre-amplication, and isn't going to send me broke. I wasn't even aware that "real" mics even came in usb flavours like this, I was almost resigned to getting one of those crappy logitech desktop mics and putting up with the dodgy sound quality.
11:43pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5253 posts
I bought mine off eBay (a few aussie retailers on eBay selling it). I looked around for a while before I bought this one. The other entry level USB condenser mic I considered was the Samson CO1U. That has a really nice sound as well. I think they are very comparable in quality. The mic I definitely didn't want in this category was the Blue Snowflake.

btw, make sure you are getting a USB mic. I think these mics come in both options.
11:49pm 31/03/10 Permalink
Mr.Bumpy
Melbourne, Victoria
189 posts
I wouldn't say Behringer are a top brand, more of a value brand. Basically a German founder setup a massive self-contained manufacturing city named "Behringer City" in China. I bought a pair of affordable ($199) monitor speakers - Behringer MS40, 40w speakers that take two analogue inputs and a digital (optical or coaxial). They suit my basic needs but over time I've noticed flaws. The bass knob barely makes a difference; speakers pop when light switches are used in the house (even though I have a surge powerboard connected); sound comes from only the right speaker when I turn the volume very low and lastly, there's a constant hiss from the speakers and the speaker jack. I guess their microphones could be better.
12:51am 01/04/10 Permalink
iWhoop
Brisbane, Queensland
15821 posts
I love my big-w microphone, it's not USB though.

i sit about 2-3m away from the box and i use a bluetooth mouse and keyboard so i cant plug it into that

Can't get a USB extension cable? I got one for my keyboard because I'm too cheap to buy a wireless keyboard and since I rarely ever use the keyboard on my media box having the wire run across the floor for 5 minutes isn't really an issue. Putting it away again is though, how do they fit so much cable into such a tiny box at the factory? Damn box is like a TARDIS.

Side question, what's so great about a USB mic compared to one that plugs into my sound card?
01:01am 01/04/10 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
4238 posts
I should probably clarify - I've only used a variety of products from their lines of mixers, microphone pre-amps and mics. I just assume that transfers over to their other products, but the reputation I've read around of poor quality stuff seems to be from things like guitar amps, speakers etc.
06:25am 01/04/10 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
1671 posts

Ahaha, oh mercy.

And this...

Yeah I rate behringer gear, everyone says they are cheap crap, but every behringer product I've bought hasnt failed, has been heaps cheaper compared to the bigger brands and sound pretty good. Ive got a behringer Mixer, tuner pedal and amp simulator.

You are joking? Jump on eBay and search for DJ mixer in musical instruments...even notice how 9 out of 10 mixers on there are Behringer? They must be good eh? The funny thing is most of them are new "buy it now" items from dodgy online DJ shops trying to flog cheap product. They all look terrible, all cluttered with useless crap and flashy lights.

As good as Sennheiser? Well I think the reputation of each speaks for itself. You don't get a bad rep by being good quality. You get a bad rep cos your products are rubbish. Next you'll be telling us how your Teac speakers are just misunderstood.

Behringer may be ok for a cheap PC mic but proper audio gear? No dice.
10:56am 01/04/10 Permalink
`ViPER`
Brisbane, Queensland
2125 posts
Behringer may be ok for a cheap PC mic but proper audio gear? No dice

Just going on personal experience, the behringer tuner Pedal I have works, has the exact same layout as the Boss pedal and was 1/3 of the price. Granted its not in the metal chassis like the boss is, but for what I use it for it works fine. If money wasnt a factor I would buy the boss pedal.

I also have a little amp simulator pedal, its never had any problems, I've gigged with it and It sounds pretty good. If money wasnt a factor, sure I'd buy the best Boss or Line6 or whatever pedal, but even disregarding the price I paid the pedal I have Is a good pedal.
03:44pm 01/04/10 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
6533 posts
I personally wounldn't buy Behringer. I'm sure some of their products are fine and do the job (such as the OP) but most of their gear is sub-par - you get what you pay for.

They are the Home Brand of Audio gear.

But I guess Squarky, who's the resident music equipment guy, will have the most educated opinion on them.

03:50pm 01/04/10 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7173 posts
A lot of behringer gear is _ok_ (from my reasonably limited experience) but it is certainly not a "top brand".

I wouldn't compare them to Senneheiser, thats for Shure :D
05:59pm 01/04/10 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
453 posts

I see what u did thar!
06:02pm 01/04/10 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
5276 posts

You'd feel like a Neumann at risk of cardioid arrest if you did!

Yep, I went there. It was terrible, but I still did it. I guess that's what make me a pioneer.
06:10pm 01/04/10 Permalink
mission
Brisbane, Queensland
6535 posts
errr lol

It's getting overcast so I'm putting on my denon jacket, which I noticed had a numark on it, to keep the rane off.

06:52pm 01/04/10 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
28589 posts
sup flossy, call me later (plez)
07:53pm 01/04/10 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:53pm 01/04/10 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.