Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Matrix Revolutions Theory [Spoilers inside]
korbs
Brisbane, Queensland
372 posts
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38092

read this forum thread by this dude who has hyper-analysed the matrix movies and has this awesome theories about it all. Quite long, but well worth the read...by the end, you'll be seriously mindf*cked.

edit: you have to highlight the text to read it.
04:51pm 10/07/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:51pm 10/07/03 Permalink
swissc~1.dat
Gold Coast, Queensland
2899 posts
Saw this on something awful, seems theres a few holes in the theory.
04:52pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
4822 posts
Yeah, I read it last night, interesting, but bulls***.
05:02pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Lowgoz
Brisbane, Queensland
9 posts
matrix within a matrix me thinks
05:03pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
4823 posts
Nah, matrix within a matrix is even dumber. If they do that, there will be rioting in the streets. Talk about a total cop-out lamer ending.
05:06pm 10/07/03 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
5736 posts
.... and it was all a dream.
05:10pm 10/07/03 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
798 posts
pretty dang amazing
i'm entertained.
05:18pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Boxhead
Brisbane, Queensland
6220 posts
I'm liking the total flip.. Something I didn't even consider before.. However it steps quite a way outside the movie and really does being in the elements of the animatrix and enter the matrix.. Hence why i give it more weight.... They said that it would be a trilogy with a number of external elements that are needed to be taken in inorder to appreciate the whole story... hrmm he rasies good points, too many "coincidences" for it to be all wrong I think..
05:27pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Brisbane, Queensland
5090 posts
That guy has gone to a lot of trouble to think all of that.

Well done if he's right.
05:43pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
4824 posts
If they were all really machines, they'd kill themselves whenever they used EMP blasts.
05:48pm 10/07/03 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
194 posts
I quite like the way he has analysed the movies (generally). Very good effort.

On the other hand, he seems to jump to many conclusions based on very limited evidence:

The way the kiss scene dwelled heavily on Persephone's red lipstick almost certainly means she passed some encoded truth to Neo without his knowing, or else was infected herself. ~ We'll have to wait and see...

I don't see how this 'almost certainly' means anything.
Hell it could be true, I'm not saying it's not ... but there
is very limited evidence, and red lipstick is very common,
making the link very weak.

Otherwise, ignoring the way he words everything in his posts as though
the members of the forum are below him, dumb and stupid, I'd say this
was quite an interesting read!
05:53pm 10/07/03 Permalink
xel
Brisbane, Queensland
49 posts
They probably focus the EMP energy blast to the specific target and so only slightly injuring themself or not at all. Or the robots each has a little built in switch to trigger the emp, so it doesn't harm the triggerer. Maybe.
06:22pm 10/07/03 Permalink
EniGma
Brisbane, Queensland
2608 posts
mmmm good read.
fkn robots.
06:22pm 10/07/03 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
179 posts
its a good theory but he is presuming alot. this is something that i found regarding the timeline of the movies.

The original Matrix starts with Trinity and Cypher talking, the
screen shows "Trace Program" and the date "2-18-98".

The movie ends with Neo making a phone call, the trace program is
initiated and the date reads "9-18-99"... 19 months have passed!

If you watch the movie again, you'll see that the time sequence
implies that they found Neo shortly after that initial conversation
(a few months after 2-18-98 at most).

Significant? Yes; I propose that Reloaded and Revolutions (which we
know occur one after another), take place between 2-18-98 and 9-18-
99. Here's why:

Only a few months could have passed from the time Morpheus and the
crew 'free' Neo to the time Neo is killed and revived in the
hallway. Why? for one, Neo's hair barely grows in that time and
that's not a trivial observation (it's also obvious that Neo grew
out his hair in Reloaded which occurs roughly 6 months after he's
unplugged).

We also know the W brothers don't put insignificant things into
their movies - the fact that they obviously signal to us that 19
months have passed from the start of the Matrix to the time Neo
makes that phone call is there for a reason.

In Reloaded, Neo says that "I wish I knew what I was supposed to
do". The phone call scene in the Matrix, Neo is very sure of what he
is supposed to do, "I'm going to hang up this phone and show these
people what you don't want them to see... a world without you,
without controls and boundries". Why would he have forgotten what to
do between M1 and M2? he didn't, that last scene in M1 occurs after
Revolutions!

Finally, at the end of M1, Neo states that "I can feel you now, you
are scared". At the end of Reloaded he says, "Something is
different, I can FEEL them now".

One more thing. A game directed by the W brothers called Matrix
online is due in '04 and the timeframe takes place after
Revolutions... and the matrix is alive and well in the game.

My guess is that there is no MWAM, they don't destroy the Matrix
because they can't unplug everyone at once and we'll see Neo make
that very same phone call at the end of Revolutions!

06:34pm 10/07/03 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
4827 posts
Now thats pretty cool.
06:40pm 10/07/03 Permalink
thrax
Brisbane, Queensland
2005 posts
Nah, matrix within a matrix is even dumber. If they do that, there will be rioting in the streets. Talk about a total cop-out lamer ending.

Sounds rather like the 13th Floor.
06:59pm 10/07/03 Permalink
xel
Brisbane, Queensland
50 posts
Ok I'm going to confuse you all by saying Agent Smith is the real architect and the architect is agent smith. Now everyone hurt your brains.
07:11pm 10/07/03 Permalink
EvisceratoR
Brisbane, Queensland
3755 posts
Ok I'm gonna confuse you by saying analysing this movie is a complete and total waste of f*****g time. Who really f*****g cares. That guy is obviously a seriously whacked out ubernerd. You're all f*****g gay, wait til the movie comes and and see ffs.
07:15pm 10/07/03 Permalink
druid
2266 posts
dunno, i'm sure there are holes, but it's a really convincing effort i think.

not that i entirely believe him (yet), but if his theory is true, while that will rekindle my appreciation for the matrix after the last movie ruined it for me, i will be very sorry to have spoiled myself, because i won't feel what the unsuspecting person would feel when they find out.

but yeah, i can't actually see the wachowskis, or even anyone (in the movie business), being able to work out how to structure dialogue and symbolism in such complex means. if that were true, surely they would've been writing the script and stuff for years.

true or not, that was a very interesting read, even if i did start skipping because it was too long and i'm impatient.
07:24pm 10/07/03 Permalink
defiieee
Brisbane, Queensland
554 posts
One of the main problems in that fellas theory, is Neo being able to sense things outside the matrix. A machine not now nor ever will have psycic abilities. .: neo is a human.
07:31pm 10/07/03 Permalink
doober
Brisbane, Queensland
461 posts
seconded evis! :)
07:32pm 10/07/03 Permalink
WhoopAss
Brisbane, Queensland
3379 posts
The movie's assertion that your body would die of biofeedback shock if you died in a (VR) dream is also patently untrue: I've had dreams where I die (O__o), only to re-emerge in a freaky-weird afterlife where I'm chased through a rusted-out HongKong Wonderland by the Red Queen and her rat-headed Triad henchmen.
( -- Hell, I'm sure that some people at WarnerBrothers are dreaming of killing me right now! XD)

but the matrix isn't a dream is it? You're actually plugged into the computer via a spike in your head, that thing sends information to your brain that tells you the world you are in is real even though it's a simulation. It's not your eyes telling you the world is real or your brain knowing you're asleep and it's just a dream, as far as your brain knows what it's experiencing is real.

"if you define real simply as electrical impuleses interpreted by your brain"

if the computer tells you you have been shot your brain's not gonna know any different because the computer has taken on the role of your nerves, eyes, ears, internal organs etc.
07:39pm 10/07/03 Permalink
General Dugalle
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
504 posts
maen, ravn0s has the cooler ending imho but they both have heaps of info put on... maen, you guys really do put a lot of thought into it :P i might do philosiphy now :P
11:59pm 10/07/03 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
6072 posts
ravn0s's theory is cool.

i really enjoyed it.
12:08am 11/07/03 Permalink
druid
2270 posts
i should've read the thread before i posted, but to add, i also like ravn0s' theory, but it doesn't explain the flaws of the movies.

galvatron's theory was extensive, and interesting, and fixed a few "flaws" of the movies. but presented its own flaws.

it doesn't matter what happens, i'm certain that there will be flaws no matter what route the storyline takes, even if it scuds off in the z dimension even though everyone could only see the x or y dimension paths of the story.

no story has no flaws.

i hope the wachowskis have found a new story no one has thought of, it'll give me something i haven't ruined or been cynical over (the matrix(matrix) theory).
02:22am 11/07/03 Permalink
skz
Brisbane, Queensland
279 posts
that was an awsome read, rav's theory just like many others i have taken in and not ruled out any one theory, despite "flaws" like druid said any plot turn is going to have flaws. I dont think that any of these "spoilers" are in fact spoilers, purely because when the third movie comes out, the amount of information that could not have even been thought of will ultimately satisfy the majority of the world audience, it sure will for me anyway.
04:56am 11/07/03 Permalink
- NaK0r -
Brisbane, Queensland
614 posts
the idea about the phone call at the end of the first one being after everything else is awesome, im gonna have to check it out later, hopefully it wasnt just a mistake by the makers where they were referring to when they were making the movie...
12:12pm 11/07/03 Permalink
skz
Brisbane, Queensland
280 posts
basically mos tof this theory relates to the emp blast. so if he is wrong about the emp witch is very possible then pretty much his hole theory crumbles at the knees
12:15pm 11/07/03 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
180 posts
yer, i dont really like the whole they are robots thing.
12:32pm 11/07/03 Permalink
GeNociDe
Brisbane, Queensland
1409 posts
not a bad read.
12:39pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Brisbane, Queensland
5098 posts
I really hope it ends with some cs kiddie pulling out a cd from their computer and saying, "Wow, that game was awesome!"

And that's when we find it wasn't real at all but a computer game.
12:48pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Hashy
New South Wales
488 posts
if the computer tells you you have been shot your brain's not gonna know any different because the computer has taken on the role of your nerves, eyes, ears, internal organs etc.

I don't care how powerful your brain is, it doesn't make blood run out of your mouth when it thinks it's been shot - that's due to the gunshot physically happening... OR because Neo is a machine and the blood thing is a feature to disguise his non-humainoid form.
01:22pm 11/07/03 Permalink
xel
Brisbane, Queensland
52 posts
Next they will tell you that the matrix is actually the real world and the world outside the matrix is the digital world and that is why people in zion could be robots. And the architect only designed the world of zion and not the matrix.
01:34pm 11/07/03 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
181 posts
im pretty sure it can hashy
01:36pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Hashy
New South Wales
489 posts
So you're saying that if you're shot in the head, your brain tells your mouth to bite down on your tongue or something to that effect to produce blood? Where's the reasoning in that?
01:44pm 11/07/03 Permalink
t[yp|py][o|i]demon
Brisbane, Queensland
2412 posts
So you're saying that if you're shot in the head, your brain tells your mouth to bite down on your tongue or something to that effect to produce blood? Where's the reasoning in that?

From my understanding of physics, blood gushing from the head from a bullet entery is caused by the kenitic impact blowing apart the skull, not because the brain said "HOLY F*** I HAVE BEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD, I BETTER BITE MY TOUNGE".

Of course from a film point of view, my bets are placed on the fact that the whole spitting blood out was to indicate that people realy where taking damage from the fights in the virtual arena, because most people who go to movies are stupid and need the visual clue.
01:54pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Hashy
New South Wales
490 posts
From my understanding of physics, blood gushing from the head from a bullet entery is caused by the kenitic impact blowing apart the skull, not because the brain said "HOLY F*** I HAVE BEEN SHOT IN THE HEAD, I BETTER BITE MY TOUNGE".

Read my posts again, I think you'll find that THAT'S MY POINT.
01:58pm 11/07/03 Permalink
xel
Brisbane, Queensland
53 posts
This might be wrong...

Throughout the movie you see Neo and his love for Trinity and the machines wanting free will and the humans wanting peace. So if Neo was a machine but thinks he is human in Reloaded, he would follow on with the Architect's plan without knowing. And while his choice in the end of the movie by choosing to save Trinity instead of going into the other door to reboot the matrix or something, shows that human side of Neo.

That is why "The one" is important to the Architect because he could be an AI like the Oracle and the Keymaster. That is why he is given choice and that is why he has the ability for true love, which is a human emotion and requires free will.

In Evolutions it will be possible that Neo discovers that he could possibly be a machine and therefore believes that his love for Trinity who is a human has made human + machine = peace. With that you get a revolution.
02:02pm 11/07/03 Permalink
GeNociDe
Brisbane, Queensland
1410 posts
to tell you the truth, i think people read too much into this stuff. the movie didnt have that much depth really, thats why all this is just theory ...
02:53pm 11/07/03 Permalink
xel
Brisbane, Queensland
54 posts
I heard somewhere that the Matrix creators wanted the movie to be in depth and be very scientific.
03:42pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Pluck Me Dead
Brisbane, Queensland
742 posts
stuff reading all that s*** man
03:52pm 11/07/03 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
182 posts
genocide has no clue.
03:52pm 11/07/03 Permalink
druid
2273 posts
I don't care how powerful your brain is, it doesn't make blood run out of your mouth when it thinks it's been shot - that's due to the gunshot physically happening... OR because Neo is a machine and the blood thing is a feature to disguise his non-humainoid form.
these are the flaws i speak of. :)
05:50pm 11/07/03 Permalink
GeNociDe
Brisbane, Queensland
1411 posts
if you say so ravnos.
06:23pm 11/07/03 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
202 posts
"One of the main problems in that fellas theory, is Neo being able to sense things outside the matrix. A machine not now nor ever will have psycic abilities. .: neo is a human."

To a machine whats the difference between reality and virtual reality ? Once you realize its all virtual to a machine then how can it tell which is real or not ?

Thus if the "real world" is just another Matrix then whatever is possible in the matrix is possible here.
11:02am 12/07/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:02am 12/07/03 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.