Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
new music track! if you don't like electronic, don't both...
.druid.
2078 posts
it's been over a f*****g year since i released "never forever". that really sucks. so i pushed myself an... well anyway enough crap. it's an electronica/drum'n'bass song (i'm not that great with classification), it's entirely electronic, and if you're interested, you can get it from my mp3.com artist page. it's called "evening satellite".

so yeah, hit me back with comments, y'all.
06:33pm 16/05/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:33pm 16/05/03 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
2992 posts

good work man :)

i liked it

listened to your other tracks on that page as well

liked them too

06:38pm 16/05/03 Permalink
tox
Brisbane, Queensland
947 posts
phat beat
08:00pm 16/05/03 Permalink
redhat
Brisbane, Queensland
163 posts
worrrrrrrrr that beat is so fat it will have to book its own seat on a plane flight to ibiza.

you got any more druid!? you are now my audio pusher. Also, im looking for fresh beats, what have you listened to lately thats good?
08:06pm 16/05/03 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
5506 posts
Main melody has a lot of potential, but what the hell is that hardcore drum doing in there? :P Sounds way out of place.

Basically you need to make the progression in your tracks more even and stick to one theme. It starts off like really nice chilled DnB but that hardcore drum at 1:03 and synth line from 3:35 - 4:35 should not be in there. Immerse yourself in some DnB and you'll see what I'm saying, if you're doing tracks like this one erther's astrotravelogue would be a good place to start.

That being said I've never managed to complete anything, so well done ;)
08:34pm 16/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2081 posts
dais, you are going to continually agonise me, aren't you? :) you said similar stuff about my other song "never forever".

ah yes, the "hardcore drum" is a distorted kick :) that is residue from the original concept of the song, which isn't the concept now. but i kept it in there to add bass to the track, and yes the synth line i knew some people would gripe about.

you said you've never finished anything - that indicates you've tried something, may i hear it from somewhere? i'm interested :) and yes i know of erther, not exactly what i like...

the artist i'm advertising so far is any music i make that isn't industrial or hiphop in nature, because i haven't been able to record vocals (properly) yet, although i do have another sonic track remix in the works... this one is more worked than the other track "sky high" though.

redhat, i can't really suggest much. i find the more i listen to music, the LESS inspired i get to write it (usually) because i become jealous of the person, and give up. so what i make isn't really of another artist's style, it's just me making something i like the sound of. when you say "you got any more druid!?" do you mean of my own tracks? there are three available so far on that mp3.com page. also for a distorted guitar test (which is only half way to a proper sound) you could visit my homepage. i've got some weird code in there though, people have had weird frame problems that i can't fix (because they aren't consistent over ma ny people's computers), so if you have a problem, contact me. i need to work out those problems.

as to the "what have you listened to lately that's good?" that's subjective. i couldn't really say... dnb hasn't really been played much recently, more industrial like carbon 12 and schuldt... however, i have listened to angina p a bit, that's very ambient dnb, like more ambient than dnb i think. yeah i can't think of anymore, i tend to block out other music when i write mine.
08:52pm 16/05/03 Permalink
Swiss_Cheeseman
Gold Coast, Queensland
2292 posts
Im sorry .druid., but my frogger remix simply blasts your crappy song out of the water.

http://www.mp3.com/swisscheeseman/

ph33r!
08:59pm 16/05/03 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
5507 posts
I haven't finished anything because I haven't really started it :P Only been starting to experiment with it recently. There is DnB on the radio right now on 4ZZZ (FM 102.1), it's on every Friday from 8-10 :]
09:00pm 16/05/03 Permalink
Swiss_Cheeseman
Gold Coast, Queensland
2294 posts
Ya know, after looking through my hard drive, im surprised to fina that about 95% of my mp3s are fully legal! =)

I have about 400 mp3s as well...
09:05pm 16/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2082 posts
er... that's a great song, swiss_cheeseman... er... er... um, i have to go now!!!
09:09pm 16/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2083 posts
dais - what are you using to experiment with?
09:22pm 16/05/03 Permalink
General Specific
Sydney, New South Wales
2094 posts

Very professionaly done, congratulations.
09:28pm 16/05/03 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
2993 posts
/* must play frogger now
11:04pm 16/05/03 Permalink
Zak
Brisbane, Queensland
229 posts
yeah thats very slick dude. do you do any gigging? or if not have you thought about taking it live/experimenting with a live sound? i've always wanted to move into a live dance capacity (ie live drums and bass mixed with electronica/decks) although it is hard to find others who want to.
11:49pm 16/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2084 posts
to do things the way i do them... performing my music live would be near impossible, take my word for it :) i use software to do it, and it's not "professional" enough to have all the facilities for live playing.. although you can. i COULD do it (my current system isn't powerful enough though). but... it would be a headache. and the program isn't very stable, either :)

and since have never played live, and for this music anyway, doubt i ever will, no i haven't done any gigging... haven't got any music on vinyl either. so far this is all done in my bedroom at home, on my computer, then released on the web.

however i'd be up for experimenting with a live sound, but i'm very picky when it comes to music, and i'm not sure if i'd work with such a thing.
12:16am 17/05/03 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
5508 posts
Reason 2
01:27am 17/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2085 posts
reason 2 doesn't seem to support vst... that's extremely limiting, you know that, right?
03:55am 17/05/03 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
2996 posts
worrrrrrrrr that beat is so fat it will have to book its own seat on a plane flight to ibiza.

u shameless hussy

how many times do u want to use this saying in one day?!??!?!

no props for you
08:37am 17/05/03 Permalink
cycosis
Brisbane, Queensland
581 posts
reason may not support vsti's but it is still considered one of the industry standards for both amateurs and pro's when it comes to electronica

what do you use druid?
11:55am 17/05/03 Permalink
Hemerage
Brisbane, Queensland
8625 posts
I didnt like ...
But i deleted it last night before i got to give some crits.

Was too quiet and mellow for my liking.
11:57am 17/05/03 Permalink
Jim
Brisbane, Queensland
1873 posts
dais, I don't understand why you think it should be done a certain way and not the way the author wants it - that's the complete opposite of what music is about

nothing wrong with mentioning you might've liked it better if it did such and such instead of what it does, but outright saying something doesn't belong and should be like something else?

12:11pm 17/05/03 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
961 posts
Nice work druid ... more technical than 'never forever'. needs amen breaks though! hee hee ;]

Jim : pink floyd needs more amen breaks also!!
01:31pm 17/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2086 posts
amen breaks... heh. nah i like using my own beats, i very rarely use loops.

jim, i accept his critique - he sounds a bit high about it, but i'm not going to please everyone :)

hemerage: that's ok, the songs a bit too positive for me, so i don't care much about it. but one year between track releases does strange strange things to a person...

and cycosis, yes i'm aware reason is still powerful (i haven't used 2 though, there isn't much difference afaik), but... vst is an instrument standard, i NEED vst. actually, at the moment i'm limited to needing buzz machines as well, so it's buzz or fruityloops. and i learned buzz, because back in the day, it was the ONLY software synth worth mentioning. and while sketchy, it has vst support as well, so i'm happy :)

i may swap to fruityloops in the future, but i have too many unfinished tracks in buzz for me to swap yet. plus, while ugly, buzz's interface suits me much better as well.

as long as you understand buzz is capable of good sounding stuff too :) it just takes more work and knowledge (bigger programs like fruityloops and reason seem to do some stuff for you, so you don't have to think as much about it).

i don't master it in buzz though...

if you have no idea what buzz is, here. it's an old program, and i fear buzz2 will either be worthless or it will never come out (the source code was lost on a crashed hard disk), and the scene is fraying (although that might just be the way i see it - i'm not into "scene" things). and that site isn't that great to learn what buzz is either, more for just getting machines for it... i wouldn't recommend buzz to a person learning music programs these days, it's more for "experienced" people like me (what i mean is it isn't worth using unless you already know it well, in my opinion).
01:42pm 17/05/03 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
5511 posts
Sorry Jim, next time I'll make sure my criticism conforms to your uninformed standards, instead of being accurate.
02:52pm 17/05/03 Permalink
cycosis
Brisbane, Queensland
582 posts
im using fruityloops studio producer edition 4.1 atm

tis pretty good, tidier interface and all
03:57pm 17/05/03 Permalink
.druid.
2088 posts
if you're using fruityloops, then you must be using it to make music, cycosis.

link? ;)
06:08pm 17/05/03 Permalink
cycosis
Brisbane, Queensland
583 posts
no link :P

im a bit like dais, cept i have finished one, but it was only for the sake of finishing something

i've been starting alot of work but been losing due to corrupt files lately, but i only just fixed everything today so i hope to turn something out within the next 2 weeks/month
06:29pm 17/05/03 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:29pm 17/05/03 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.