Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Reccomend me: Vacuum Cleaner
uhohh
Gold Coast, Queensland
20 posts
Looking to pay roughly $300 for a really good vacuum cleaner, sick of having to vacuum all the time / go over the same spot a few times to get all the s*** picked up. Apparently Dyson are a good place to start. Any tips?
12:38pm 08/06/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:38pm 08/06/13 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6184 posts
We have a Dyson, it sucks, hard
01:19pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13808 posts
Miele brand for sure.

$300 wont get you a really good vacumme cleaner, it get you an OK one.

$500-600 is where it starts to get real.

Our current Miele was pulled from a dump about 8 years, gave it a small service and it has had only 1 professional service since and still performs very well. You don't get much better than that.

01:27pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13809 posts
Also your vacuum head is a big part of vacuuming. We have two, one for non material floors (like tiles, lino and stuff) and an entirely separate one for carpets. The carpet one has a special roller thing inside it that really lift the crap off the carpet. The attachments we have are Swiss made, you can get Chinese knock off ones that are pretty s*** quality and will die quickly.

We also have a catcher that you unscrew and empty into the bin, then re-screw. Saves massively on using vacuum cleaning bags. Also super satisfying seeing how much you suck up.

So yeah, with vacuum cleaners, spend the coin on a good brand (Miele) once and you wont have to spend coin on it again for a long, long time.
01:32pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Shroud
Sydney, New South Wales
307 posts
Do you have a pet?
01:42pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Coldy
Brisbane, Queensland
223 posts
Nilfisk make a unit called the "Power Special" its is by far the best vacuum, for build quality and suction, under $300.

Dyson are great, but they start at $399+ and in my opinion arent as good as some of the bagged options on the market.

Miele make some of the best vacuum's moeny can buy, but you're not going to be talking sub $300. More like the $450 - $700 for their good units.

I have the power specials from Nilfisk for $264, they come with 5 bags, it has a 5 year warranty straight out of the box and if you ever need more bags, i can post them to you from Beenleigh. It has my vote for your budget.

Sorry if I cant reply, me and the clan mates are off down the gold coast for a boys weekend of poker and strippers, and I wont be back in the shop until Tuesday.
01:43pm 08/06/13 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3984 posts
related and might help OP but where to go for a big selection/range of vacs? godfreys?

edit: are you vacuuming carpet? cause I bought a top of the range wertheim like 7 or so years ago with a powerhead. The powerhead is amazing, the vibration of the head dislodges s*** stuck deep down in the carpet. It also 'lifts' the carpet and makes it softer. Wertheim are expensive but see if you can get a powerhead in a cheaper different brand vac.

our model has been supersede a couple times but here is the latest one: http://www.godfreys.com.au/vacuum-cleaners/wertheim-6035-with-upgraded-powerhead
02:01pm 08/06/13 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2165 posts
we've got a wertheim, had it for 8 years and its great. bought one of those power heads which is not bad on the carpet but useless on tiles.
02:31pm 08/06/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
37070 posts
please fix the subject typo
02:38pm 08/06/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4629 posts
We have a Dyson, it sucks, hard

Technically, it blows hard therein creating a very effective vacuum :)
02:40pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2362 posts
I bought a 2nd hand kirby off ebay 10 years ago and it's still going strong.
They are worth about $2.5k new but you can get them on ebay for $300-500
Built to last. My parents have had theirs for 15+ years.

ebay
03:06pm 08/06/13 Permalink
Ozzy
Gold Coast, Queensland
294 posts
If you want something that lasts get a Kirby.

Everything else is s***.
09:23pm 08/06/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
805 posts
We've got some ghettlo hoover upright grey beast that we've had for like 15 years that recently exploded due to sucking up water.

But generally, I won't bother too much with a vacuum, they all pretty much suck.
12:51am 09/06/13 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10608 posts
Kirby or Wertheim

Dyson is the Apple mac of the vacuum industry, yes they do work, but they're poor value for money.
07:12am 09/06/13 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6357 posts
dyson dc 29
07:29am 09/06/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:29am 09/06/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.