Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
100% CPU Lag back since last patch.
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
59 posts
I noticed that our server is lagging and seeing 100% cpu usage in GameCreate since last update.

Was running around 80% max before.

Anyone else?

Cheers.

Update:

Seems to be the same maps as before + SA

Dragon Pass
Paracel Storm
Gulf of Oman
Caspian Border

All these maps hitting 100% CPU and RB/Lagging the server.

All other maps in rotation seem fine.

CPU usage has gone up by 10-20% on all maps.

Even when server is empty it is using 5-10% ,before R28 it would be 0%

Read about alot of other servers from different providers having the same RB/Lag issues with their servers.

R29 will be released today 11/3/14,fingers crossed it fixes what they broke.
04:18pm 09/03/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:18pm 09/03/14 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1222 posts
Patched last night, let me know if it keeps up - there were changes for many of the maps that I assume were performance fixes.
05:21pm 12/03/14 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
60 posts
Hey Malthius,

Server still has the Lag and 100% CPU on those maps with 64p.

No Lag with 56p and 80/90% CPU.

Cheers.

Update:

Seems all is back to normal now.

Running 64p,no lag and cpu down to 80% on affected maps.

Noticed the change Friday 14th.

Cheers.
03:09pm 13/03/14 Permalink
Dremark
Sydney, New South Wales
67 posts
100% CPU Lag/Rubberbanding seems to have returned with R31 and NS.

Lost island is the worst of the 4.

Even with empty server CPU is at 5-10%.

Cheers.
02:08pm 02/04/14 Permalink
Predict
Melbourne, Victoria
29 posts
Yeap both my servers are having the same issue. I think maybe the server specs need to be updated since the new DLC. I think that's what DICE have announced on battlelog to address rubberbanding issues.
11:11pm 04/04/14 Permalink
Static
22 posts

Battlelog

Addressing Battlefield 4 Rubber Banding Issues
4 days ago 1575 1078

We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced during matches with 64 players.

Looking into this further, we’re unhappy with our server performance, so we’ll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

As soon as we know the exact timetable, we’ll let you know the ETA. Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a top priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon."

My server had been rubber banding since the first day of BF4, on my 70 player server I have only ever been able to run 58 + commanders.
DICE apparently spent weeks monitoring my server (at least that's what Ausgamers stated) a few months ago and I was told they could not find anything wrong.

Now they say the servers specs need improving... FFS I asked Ausgamers to allocate more resources in the beginning.

Ausgamers staff please keep us informed as to when the server improvement is to happen.
09:34am 06/04/14 Permalink
Phenom600
Perth, Western Australia
62 posts
Well that says *our* server performance, the only thing that belongs to DICE is their own back end, so not really sure how that relates to Ausgamers or any of the rubber banding issues.

On a 3.9Ghz 4x core CPU we still have problems, including when the previous bug was around it consumed 100% CPU regardless of how powerful it was.
03:18pm 06/04/14 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:18pm 06/04/14 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.