Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Hardcore preset
dru80c
Newcastle, New South Wales
19 posts
does any-ones server show that they are now hardcore? Mine use to but now magically when you restart the servers they go back to normal.
im refering to this.
06/11/13:
- altered default startup.txt file to call vars.preset %preset% at the end of the file. This should ensure that servers show the correct mode (hardcore, normal) in battlelog by overriding any configuration options that aren't permitted in that mode. Once this is properly tested I'll make further changes to the default configurations to give as much freedom as possible within the presets.
07:19am 11/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:19am 11/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1032 posts
You've made some direct changes to your server configuration files (startup.txt). Once you alter a file in GameCreate it overrides the inheritance of any changes from higher up in the system. You can see this by going to your Hardcore Dominatiuon 750 tickets server and clicking on files. (I don't want to give you a direct link on the forums, even though there should be no security issues).

You'll see at the bottom of the list that startup.txt has two additional buttons "compare" and "revert". If you hit compare, you can see the changes you've made compared to the default file. Stuff you've added is green, stuff you've removed is red.

The critical note here is that the change I made that you quote above is shown in red - because your file was edited before 6/11/13, it doesn't get the changes I make, so my changes are now 'red'. Anything I remove from the default won't be removed from your file, so it will show in green. Here is an example:

http://i.imgur.com/oQIQFZ8.png

What has happened is you've added that line ("reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin true"). You didn't actually remove anything (the red part), but because the file was edited it didn't get the new changes, so they are shown in red. The bit in red (" vars.preset %preset%") is the new magic that makes your server hardcore.

--------

In general, rather than altering the configuration files, make a support ticket requesting support for whatever you think is missing from the config files. That way you can get all the updates we make as soon as we make them.

If reserved slots are now working (I didn't think they were, but I could be wrong) I'll add that to our default configs.
11:34am 11/11/13 Permalink
dru80c
Newcastle, New South Wales
20 posts
You've made some direct changes to your server configuration files (startup.txt). Once you alter a file in GameCreate it overrides the inheritance of any changes from higher up in the system. You can see this by going to your Hardcore Dominatiuon 750 tickets server and clicking on files. (I don't want to give you a direct link on the forums, even though there should be no security issues).You'll see at the bottom of the list that startup.txt has two additional buttons "compare" and "revert". If you hit compare, you can see the changes you've made compared to the default file. Stuff you've added is green, stuff you've removed is red. The critical note here is that the change I made that you quote above is shown in red - because your file was edited before 6/11/13, it doesn't get the changes I make, so my changes are now 'red'. Anything I remove from the default won't be removed from your file, so it will show in green. Here is an example:http://i.imgur.com/oQIQFZ8.pngWhat has happened is you've added that line ("reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin true"). You didn't actually remove anything (the red part), but because the file was edited it didn't get the new changes, so they are shown in red. The bit in red (" vars.preset %preset%") is the new magic that makes your server hardcore.--------In general, rather than altering the configuration files, make a support ticket requesting support for whatever you think is missing from the config files. That way you can get all the updates we make as soon as we make them.If reserved slots are now working (I didn't think they were, but I could be wrong) I'll add that to our default configs.

Ok thanks so i should revert them now?
12:59pm 11/11/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
1034 posts
You can, or if you want I'll go through and check each of them to make sure you won't lose any config data before reverting. Up to you.
01:12pm 11/11/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:12pm 11/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.