Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Who's playing Hawken?
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36817 posts
Just wanting to get a feel for who is still playing it and how the experience is for Australians - possibly going to be talking to them soon and just wanted to get some base info on how PC gamers are finding it.
11:36am 18/03/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:36am 18/03/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5492 posts
i havent played it in a while, tried a couple of weeks ago and the installer wouldnt update so i gave up
11:46am 18/03/13 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3883 posts
oh it's out already?? F*** was soo looking forward to this lol.
11:51am 18/03/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7113 posts
i played a fair bit of the beta but never really took the time to learn the game even though it seemed pretty good. just don't have the time to invest atm :/

when i did play it was pretty much a mindless slawfest... just shooting anything that moved with whatever gun i spawned with :p like i said... never really learnt the game mechanics.
12:15pm 18/03/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2364 posts
I liked it for a while but it just never stayed with me. I loved mechwarrior 2 and stuff but I dont know why I didnt get into this for long, I played since the alpha.

Still a good game though.
08:42pm 18/03/13 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
588 posts
I got into a version of the Beta, then the updater kept failing so I stopped playing.
09:14pm 18/03/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4573 posts
I played through the closed Alpha and Beta program. I really liked the game. It felt quick and in some ways reminded me of playing quake. I never ended up getting the full game. I got a very frustrated that the Devs didn't listen to many requests from so many of us running Eyefinity to support us with the correct FOV settings or at least unlock the console so we could enter our own FOV settings.

I dont even know if they have changed this since as I haven't looked.
10:35pm 18/03/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36835 posts
How is it from a network POV? Does it still play nice?

I met the guys last year and spoke to them about server stuff and was disappointed when they didn't go with an open server model. I feel like everyone I speak to says the game is great but noone is actually playing it and I can't really figure out why...?
10:54pm 18/03/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4576 posts
Well, for me, it was getting pissed over the lack of support for Eyefinity. It seemed to play well enough during the early online testing so no complaints there. I think if they promoted it again, people might just get excited about all over again. I know what you mean though. It was a highly anticipated title that went flat.
11:08pm 18/03/13 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3016 posts
Was playing it a little during the alpha and beta (then got distracted by mechwarrior online).
Can't remember much about the network besides the usual issue with lag and being disadvantaged when it came to the first shot.
11:19pm 18/03/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5501 posts
I got into a version of the Beta, then the updater kept failing so I stopped playing.

yeah this is what happen to me couple of weeks ago. Just reloaded tonight and now its updating :)
11:55pm 18/03/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36843 posts
I forgot that it's a free game and finally just downloaded it and played it. Had a bash and it seems reasonably nice. Plays OK on the allegedly local servers, although as a noob I don't think I would have noticed if there'd been a lot of lag anyway.

The game is very "busy" with lots of stuff happening but the gameplay feels a little limited, at least at this early stage - sort of fun for a few minutes but not very engaging. I feel like I've instantly figured out why everyone is positive about it but at the same time seemingly uninterested in playing it; it doesn't seem to have any sort of real hook to compel me to keep playing - and as a free game I've made no investment in it so it is very easy to put down again.
09:58am 20/03/13 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
401 posts
You got it in one, trog.

I stopped playing after a couple of days, no intention to start playing again.

Any game that only allows you to hold 2 weapons is boring (assuming they don't have more since I last played).
10:33am 20/03/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36844 posts
Was two weapons + item when I played, although I forgot how to use the item so ended up just blasting people with machine guns and TOW missiles or whatever they were.
11:15am 20/03/13 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3017 posts
Yeah, I know that you're saying trog. It's kinda fun to play for a while, but it feels very "samey" after a while.
Looking forward to give it a bash with the Oculus Rift when it ships and support is added.
12:19am 21/03/13 Permalink
davaid
Brisbane, Queensland
4 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Spamming
10:37pm 29/03/13 Permalink
Nitro
Gold Coast, Queensland
2266 posts
The game is very "busy" with lots of stuff happening but the gameplay feels a little limited, at least at this early stage - sort of fun for a few minutes but not very engaging. I feel like I've instantly figured out why everyone is positive about it but at the same time seemingly uninterested in playing it; it doesn't seem to have any sort of real hook to compel me to keep playing - and as a free game I've made no investment in it so it is very easy to put down again.

That's it in a nutshell. I played a few times in the alpha and beta. They took a while to get an Aussie server but I just lost interest.
10:21am 30/03/13 Permalink
bulletz
USA
2 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Spamming
02:49pm 08/04/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.