Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
CD Key site testimonials
blokey
Perth, Western Australia
22 posts
Dont want to pimp any sites but looking at getting the new simcity as a cd key download. Before I go splurging my hard earned just want to know if anyone has bought from CJS before and im not going to be sending my coin to Nigeria??

Failing that happy to take any recommendations
08:01pm 03/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:01pm 03/02/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1923 posts
I've used CJS before. they are ok but have taken a while to get me the key sometimes.
I use cdkeysdirect a lot and would recommend them over CJS. They have better prices than most usually as well.
08:06pm 03/02/13 Permalink
blokey
Perth, Western Australia
23 posts
Thanks for that, just want to make sure I'm not sending my money somewhere I'll never see it again.
08:08pm 03/02/13 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3872 posts
Bought SWTOR off them, no issues here.
08:10pm 03/02/13 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6609 posts
I got swtor off cjs and had no issues also.
08:17pm 03/02/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4104 posts
i swear by them. I have purchased 3 games from them so far, never had a problem.
08:28pm 03/02/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9861 posts
just want to know if anyone has bought from CJS before and im not going to be sending my coin to Nigeria?

matey you can't even donate to the Aussie Surf Lifesavers without your details ending up on a spamlist anymore.. (not that they even know that themselves)

it's not common knowledge if any online purchasing we do is really private or not

consider it not

08:29pm 03/02/13 Permalink
groganus
Brisbane, Queensland
2482 posts
I've used g2play many many times, never had an issue. They will sometimes ask for Drivers License scans on first purchase... i sent mine through with all the details blocked short of name and address and they accepted it.
10:35pm 03/02/13 Permalink
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
3284 posts
Ive used cdkeyshere a few times with no problems.
11:12pm 03/02/13 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1149 posts
I've used cdkeyhouse and gamehuntercdkey successfully multiple times in the past. You do need to verify your details though.
11:42pm 03/02/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3380 posts
Purchased from a variety of stores over time, not too many within the last 6 months or so but never had to prove my details.

Just ensure you pay with paypal or something and preferably get a seller with instant delivery so you wait minimal time rather than freaking out thinking they took your monies.

I always check:
http://cdkeyprices.com/
Compares prices from various sites.

Think 2 times my keys didnt work and both times got a replacement shortly afterwards.
01:39am 04/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
520 posts
Had a few annoyances over the years with CJS, but most of them can be attributed to a small overworked bunch of people.

I've only had 1 issue with them and it was actually not something they caused (skyrim russian keys suddenly got region locked after a random patch).

Also tried CD keys direct once or twice and had no issues either.

They're generally pretty good. Just make sure you use paypal so you can dispute it easily if anything goes wrong (think you get 48 hours on paypal).
02:45am 04/02/13 Permalink
DoCZero
Melbourne, Victoria
158 posts
I've found http://www.g2play.net to be safe and secure. Im happy with their service.
08:23am 04/02/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4106 posts
main places I look for keys are: CJCDkeys, GOG, gamersgate and Greenmangaming.

never had any trouble with any of them. I always maje sure to check each one before I buy as they usually have different prices and are always cheaper than steam.
09:14am 04/02/13 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7888 posts
I've always wondered why they can get those russian keys so cheap? What's the go
10:04am 04/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1183 posts
I have bought a bunch of stuff from hotcdkey.com... it's chinese people.. sometimes they call to confirm that you are a real person.. but delivery has always been prompt
10:15am 04/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
522 posts
I've always wondered why they can get those russian keys so cheap? What's the go

Because games in Russia are cheap as hell.

I had a guy laughing at me when I said "I got (don't remember the game) for $50, was stoked" and he said the same game launched at $12 USD in Russia.

I'm assuming it's because they're all broke and would rather pirate the games, so they've lowered the cost (and raised prices elsewhere) to subsidise the other countries like russia / ukraine.
12:20pm 04/02/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3383 posts
so they've lowered the cost (and raised prices elsewhere) to subsidise the other countries like russia / ukraine.

Yeah i figured as much. Any place where the cost of living is cheaper, games will be cheaper.
01:13pm 04/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10729 posts
Is this also why russian women are cheaper?
01:40pm 04/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4144 posts
I've bought from intkeys.com a few times, no dramas
02:02pm 04/02/13 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
2120 posts
I would not buy from CJS
05:51pm 04/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
525 posts
Is this also why russian women are cheaper?

I remember hearing an interview on SBS or some s*** one random drunken night about russian brides and why they want to come to America / GTFO of russia and most of them said "Because there aren't any nice guys in Russia".

Of course, that probably just means there aren't many with both a nice attitude and enough money to actually do stuff on weekends.
03:08am 05/02/13 Permalink
kira1000
2 posts
how do you manage to use the RU keys if steam bans you for VPN use? must be pretty lucky
07:27pm 07/02/13 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7456 posts
if anyone has bought from CJS before and im not going to be sending my coin to Nigeria??

They are legitimate, but dishonest and unreliable.

The "Instant Delivery" part is bulls*** as the item may or may not be in stock. Even when it's in stock, you can be waiting days, or if it's going to take longer you really have to threaten them with a CC charger reversal to get a refund.

Also for titles around launch day, they boast about stuff like the ability to preload a game before unlock day, but when it turns out you can't they end up deleting all references to the claim and them calling all their customers liars.

Basically their approach is to take your coin first, and then it's a dice toss as to when (or IF) you get the key anytime soon.

Intkeys, GMG, cdkeyshere, etc are a bit more honest.
08:38pm 07/02/13 Permalink
joerocket10r
Brisbane, Queensland
62 posts
08:50pm 07/02/13 Permalink
Draein
UK
1 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Advertising
07:24pm 01/03/13 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7496 posts
^ thanks, added to my black-list.
07:51pm 01/03/13 Permalink
Moridin
Nowra, New South Wales
13 posts
https://cdkeys.com.au/

I've bought a few games from here.. No issues.
09:06pm 01/03/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3439 posts
Grabbed the civ 5 expansion for ~$10 a few days ago from a key site. Tonnes cheaper than the steam price. Can post the site if anybody is interested in the same game. Key took like 3 hours to arrive due to time differences so quick IMO.
11:46pm 01/03/13 Permalink
Draein
UK
2 posts
main places for me are: GOG, Buy-play and Steam. There I am quite sure that I will get real game or cd-key not from russia or something like that.
07:45pm 13/03/13 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6810 posts
Grabbed the civ 5 expansion for ~$10 a few days ago from a key site. Tonnes cheaper than the steam price. Can post the site if anybody is interested in the same game. Key took like 3 hours to arrive due to time differences so quick IMO.
Steam had the Gold Edition upgrade for $5 the other week, it includes Gods & Kings and all the DLC.
07:51pm 13/03/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10887 posts
I used CJS keys to get Sim City, except 5 days after release I still didn't have it, they said they were out of stock, but despite what they claimed they were selling the keys they had (from new deliveries they received) at a higher price and dishing those out to new customers while people who prepaid were given false promises that they would get it the next morning. I got my money back but I wouldn't recommend them, and definitely will never buy a game before release day, and probably not on the day either.
08:13pm 13/03/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4127 posts
that sucks thermite. I haven't had issues with them before but now I am reconsidering if I would buy from them again. there have been a few people in this thread with negative comments about cj's
09:22am 14/03/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10888 posts
And to add insult to injury they would rant on facebook about being bothered by customers complaining about not receiving their keys. These complaints are a waste of their time from self-righteous "me me me" people. That sort of s***.
10:05am 14/03/13 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1532 posts
01:39pm 14/03/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:39pm 14/03/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.