And brings with it new Season-specific items inspired by Diablo II. Ethereals, as they're being called, are a new type of powerful item coming as a part of Diablo III
's Season 24. As per Blizzard
, "With Diablo II: Resurrected launching in September 2021, we’d like to introduce a seasonal theme to honor that legacy".
And for those that pre-order Diablo II: Resurrected on PC there's a cool Heritage of Arreat transmog for the Barbarian.
But the big thing is no doubt a new type of powerful weapon with the ability to drastically change and buff a specific build. 21 weapons from Diablo II making a return, with three for each of the game's seven classes.
Here's a breakdown of Ethereals.
Season 24 introduces Ethereals, a new weapon-type that players will be able to acquire and hunt for in their upcoming seasonal journey. Ethereals will roll a powerful set of affixes, a random Class Weapon Legendary Power and a random Class Passive Power. Ethereals will have unique icons, names, item types, and sounds originally found in Diablo II.
- Ethereals are account bound and can only be dropped by monsters, chests, and destructibles, but do not require your character to be level 70 to drop.
- Ethereals cannot be acquired through Kanai's Cube or from Kadala.
- Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.
- There are 3 unique Ethereals per class. Each Ethereal has fixed affixes and rolls one random Legendary Weapon power and one random Class Passive Skill.
- Only one Ethereal can be equipped at a time.
- Ethereals ignore item durability loss.
- Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai's Cube, Items or Skills.
- Ethereals cannot be Enchanted, Transmogrified, Dyed, Reforged, or traded.
- Ethereals can be augmented.
- Collecting all 21 Ethereals during Season 24 will reward players with the Feat of Strength, Ethereal Recollection. Players who accomplish this will have all Ethereal transmogrify options available for future seasonal and non-seasonal play.
- Ethereals only drop in Seasonal play, and will not transfer to your non-seasonal character when the season ends.
Patch 2.7.1 also introduces a number of changes to the Monk, with a focus on Mystic Ally abilities. For the full Patch Notes in addition to Seasonal info -- head here