With the courtroom open and hearings underway, the big Epic Games
is bringing to light a number of interesting things. With documents and records now out in the open a lot it is surprising, some of it expected, and others like Nintendo's stipulation that its partners not be involved in organised crime -- completely out of left field.
Lets get to the learnins'.
- Epic paid 2K $115 million for Borderlands 3 exclusivity, which included marketing.
- Part of the deal included an additional $11 million for Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and $20 million for Civilization VI for the Epic Games Store free give aways.
- Fortnite generated more than $5 billion in its first year with over $9 billion over 2018 and 2019.
- On the topic of Fortnite potential skin or character additions were found in documents, pointing to Samus Aran of Metroid fame, muscle-man actor The Rock, and singer Lady Gaga.
- In its quest to secure cross-play with Sony, Epic tried to sweeten the deal with goodies for PlayStation Plus subscribers and even go so far as to offer to paint the story that it was all Sony's idea.
- Which makes sense when almost half of all Fortnite revenue comes from the PS4.
- Epic is intentionally withholding Fortnite from Project xCloud because it competes with its own plans.
- This list details how much Epic paid for its weekly free game offerings. Highlights include $1.5 million for Batman Arkham, $150,000 for Alan Wake, and $75,000 for indie hit Fez.
- A document outlining a deal between Epic and Nintendo stipulates that no-one on the Epic payroll is a member of the Yakuza.