"Dear John,All of this also comes with a teaser video you can watch embedded below.
📢Dear Survivors,— DayZ 🖥 🎮 ❤️ (@DayZ) January 29, 2021
The much anticipated 1.11 update and the associated wipe (both characters and servers) are projected to deploy on 16th of February.
The wipe is to optimize the update's stability and to get clean foundations to monitor changes made with previous economy updates. pic.twitter.com/j4jFZDedft
With Update 1.11, a complete wipe of both characters and official servers will take place. The wipe is meant to compliment the update 1.11 for a fresh start into 2021. It also secures us a clean foundation to monitor the changes made with previous economy updates. It’s not just all about fixes! Players will be glad to learn there’s a new weapon to discover; a “badass” rifle spawning at helicopter crash sites around Chernarus and Livonia, the SVAL, which is the Czech word for muscle. In addition, there are new 20 round magazines for 9x39 ammo, which can be used with both the SVAL and VSS.
DayZ update 1.11 brings important optimizations fixing bugs and improving stability. For a full list of the additions check the update’s changelog. These are some of the changes you will encounter:
These are just the tip of the iceberg, but be sure to check out the forums for all the changelog notes - PC and Console.
- Fixed various zombie behaviors such as the infected colliding and going through the player's character.
- Interaction with cars is more realistic, fixing random character bugs when entering and leaving cars.
- No more strange interruptions when sea fishing
- Huge improvements to horticulture
- Polished damage dealing and triggers
- Massive improvement on the engine script, allowing servers to load more mods than ever before.