With new Season of Eternal Conflict
buffs that trigger whenever you and your team rack up a kill-streak in Diablo III
. Where each kill provides an incremental increase to movement speed and attack damage - in addition to milestone effects like 'Five massive energy twisters are unleashed' after 15 Kills and 'Dark Geysers form beneath enemies' after 30 Kills.
It sounds insane, and something we cant wait to try out. Here's the breakdown provided via the latest Patch 2.6.7 notes.
- For the duration of the Season, all players will have a stacking buff that persists as long as you have hit or killed a monster within the last 5 seconds
- Each stack gives 0.05% movement speed and 0.1% bonus damage. This bonus caps at 50% movement and 100% damage (1000 stacks).
- In addition, after reaching a certain number of kills in a row, a power is unleashed, dealing an amount of scaling damage based on player level and difficulty or Greater Rift level:
- 15 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
- 30 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
- 50 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
- 100 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
- 150 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
- 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
- 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
- 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
- 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
- 1000 Kills: ???
- Powers are tracked at a group level; this means only one power can be active in play at a time, regardless of the number of players in a group
According to Blizzard this will add "an element of both chaos and power to the battlefield".
And is doesn't stop there as Blizzard are introducing the first batch of new sets - covering both the Crusader and Monk classes.
New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor
- 2-Piece Bonus: The charged bolts from Fist of the Heavens has a chance to cast another Fist of the Heavens
- 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times
- 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens by 10,000%
New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice
- 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune
- 4-Piece Bonus: Each enemy within Sweeping Wind increases your movement speed by 5%. Stacks up to 10 times.
- 6-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 10,000%
Plus a stack of revamped Legendary Items to accommodate the above, plus a few key updates to some Barbarian gear.
For the full Patch Notes head here
. Season 19 is scheduled to kick-off before the end of the year.