's troubled new IP Anthem
coming in at number five, behind one of the other big looter shooters for 2019 - Tom Clancy's The Division 2
. The list, published by NPD
features the Top 10 Selling Video Games (both retail and digital) ending August 2019. And there are a few more surprises.
Namely with Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto V outselling Red Dead Redemption 2. This list only covers the U.S., so there's American Footing Ball, but is interesting none the less.
1. Mortal Kombat 11 - Warner Bros. Interactive
2. Kingdom Hearts III - Square Enix Inc
3. Madden NFL 20 - Electronic Arts
4. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - Ubisoft
5. Anthem - Electronic Arts
6. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Nintendo
7. Resident Evil 2 (2019) - Capcom
8. Grand Theft Auto V - Take 2 Interactive
9. Red Dead Redemption II - Take 2 Interactive
10. Days Gone - Sony
Of course, with so many big titles left this year - including the recent release of Borderlands 3 - we can expect this to change in the coming months.