In an ambitious GOG Galaxy
overhaul that will let you keep track of all your friends and games across various PC platforms and even console in one place. Although still in pre-release form with Beta coming soon, a couple of the really cool features planned include cross-platfom chat and asingle friends list. Alongside tracking your games across GOG.com
, Xbox Live
, and other platforms.
“As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.”
It's all rather ambitious as it will allow you to see what friends are up to no matter the platform from a single log-in. Plus, the whole idea of a single library to manage and see it all (assuming it runs relatively lag-free) would be amazing. And no doubt something we'd fire up daily.
Here's a summary of the planned features that the updated GOG Galaxy 2.0 service will launch with.
- Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.
- Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.
- Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.
- Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.
- Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.
- No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.
- See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.
- See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.
- Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.
We’re not spying on data from your computer.
- With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.
Your GOG Client.
- The best way to run and update your GOG games.
- Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.
- The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
- Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.
- All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.
- Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.
to sign-up for Closed Beta access.