We're past the halfway mark now in our Top 10 Best Games of 2018
countdown, with today's entry revealing which game takes the number 4 slot. This also means from tomorrow, obviously, we're counting down the Top Three
games of 2018. Which is *kind of* a big deal.
Previously on AusGamers' Top 10 Best Games of 2018
10. Forza Horizon 4 -- A weather-infused, speed-laced, car-addled off-road jaunt through lush British countryside and cobble-stoned towns and villages. And with seasonal changes, to boot.
9. Ashen -- A faceless, alt-fantasy action-adventure Souls-like sandbox experience that touches and challenges in equal measure. A perfect Indie darling.
8. Assassin's Creed Odyssey -- A Mediterranean feast full of exploration, fantastical history and violent wonder. Spartan kicked its way onto our list, with gusto.
7. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate -- An interactive Nintendo and videogame museum, if the exhibits were alive and disliked each other so much, they literally needed to smash one another. Absolutely filled to the brim with playable content.
6. Unavowed -- A point-and click adventure and classic BioWare RPG all wrapped up in an engrossing, dark, and emotional supernatural tale set in modern day New York. Pixel-perfect.
5. Frostpunk -- Survival in the post-apocalypse still means building. Or rather, rebuilding. Civilisation needs order and the only person who can do that, and make the tough decisions for the betterment of those still alive, is you. Frostpunk is both deep and depressing, yet still carries with it a sense of hope. A unique city builder that grips you unlike anything else.
And now, keep that drum roll, err... rolling as we reveal the island getaway that is our official Number 4. Click here for our continuing Top 10 Best Games of 2018 feature