While Red Dead Redemption 2
does its record-breaking thing, Ubisoft has confidently reminded everyone their own open-world game, Assassin's Creed Odyssey
, is still out in the wild and are also sharing a stack of new content for it, for everyone, for free
Specifically, two major side questlines will emerge in The Lost Tales of Greece and Divine Intervention:
Among the biggest additions are the Lost Tales of Greece, which kicks off with two new, self-contained questlines: The Show Must Go On, in which you get a chance to portray Leonidas on stage (and go off-script); and Divine Intervention, in which a mysterious woman will test you with divine trials.
Epic Events also join the content drop with new Epic ships and Epic mercenaries and are recommended for players at or above level 30. Two new item packs will also be a part of this major content freebie with the Odysseus Pack which features a new gear set, a new mount and a new weapon. The Odysseus Naval pack, also free, features a new figurehead, a new crew theme and a new ship design.
These, along with future Lost Tales of Greece, will be automatically unlocked after reaching Episode 5 in the story, and will appear on the map as yellow side quests. Completing them can yield multiple possible outcomes and new rewards, and there's no time limit to tackle or complete them.
The Lost Tales of Greece aren't the only new activities coming this month, either. Steropes the Cyclops will join the game's roster of mythical creatures on November 13. You can try and challenge him by taking on a new quest called The Lightning Bringer; succeed, and you can get your hands on a new Legendary Bow.
Other updates in November include:
Ubisoft promised to support Assassin's Creed Odyssey post-release richly, and with just this content announcement for November they've already lived up to that promise, and then some.
- A level cap increase, from 50 to 70, with level-50 players automatically rewarded with Ability Points to match any XP overflow they've already earned
- A layer of visual customization over your armor, enabling you to use the stats of one item and the appearance of another
- Customizable gamepad controls
- The option to auto-craft regular arrows when ammo runs low, so long as they have enough materials
- Lower upgrade costs for gear
- The ability to pause and resume any XP or Drachmae boosters that you own.