Including the latest model in the ROG Zephyrus line, which is set to out-thin the already thin Zephyrus laptops currently available, and an ultrathin 17.3" ROG Strix SCAR II (GL704). Both are expected to be released locally within Australia in late October - with pricing available closer to release.
Key features of the new Zephyrus S (GX531) include:
- World’s slimmest gaming laptop: 14.95~15.75mm thin with Intel Core i7-8750H CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Max-Q or GTX 1060 GPU
- Powerful visuals on a super-narrow-bezel display: 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time enables super-smooth gaming with blur-free graphics.
- Patented ROG Active Aerodynamic System (AAS): Optimum cooling with innovative venting and 83-blade fans for peak performance in ultraslim design
Key features of the ROG Strix Scar II (GL704) include:
- Most compact 17" gaming laptop: Slim display bezels allow it to fit into a 15.7" chassis, making it the first laptop in its class to be less than 400mm wide
- Designed for battle: Kevlar- and camouflage-textured design, Aura Sync RGB lighting, a desktop-style keyboard, and HyperCool Pro cooling system
- Stacked with gaming versatility: Up to Intel Core i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1060, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi, 4K UHD and G-SYNC outputs
- Armoury Crate software: New unified platform controls all settings and lighting, and allows for games and application profiles
Both laptops sounds pretty special, with narrow bezel design and full metal chassis (for the Zephyrus) to go along with the ultrathin look.