We visited real-world West Virginia to go hands on with Fallout 76.
First Into the Wasteland – Hands-On with Fallout 76
This year’s FIFA sees a variety of notable changes to the formula, and makes for one of the better iterations of the series in quite some time.
FIFA 19 Review - Different and Better Than Ever
We take on legions of soldiers, mercenaries, ship crews and wolves in Ubisoft's Sparta-tacular AC!
A Drachmae for your Thoughts - Assassin's Creed Odyssey Review
It might not be Australia, but Playground Games has made England a worthy place for a Sunday drive, whatever the season!
Livering the Experience - Forza Horizon 4, Our Full Review
Post by Steve Farrelly @ 01:17am 10/08/18 | 12 Comments
The wait has been worth it. Red Dead Redemption 2's first cohesive look at gameplay, which premiered this morning is six-minutes of pure open-world tease that looks less likely to stray too far from what made the first game so memorable, but goes further to refine it.

We haven't had a lot of time to digest the whole thing, but upon two viewings we can surmise that this is not just one of the best-looking open-world games so far, but one with depth of activity and gameplay. From setting up and moving camp; making and keeping relationships, hunting, fighting, robbing, selling, buying, crafting and, importantly, creating a meaningful bond with your horse (requiring care and further gameplay), Red Dead Redemption 2 is very much an alive game-world.

The other take-aways were the option to engage with any NPC you see, to be able to antagonise or defuse situations and that amongst all of this, the game-world itself reacts to you. We also saw a number of lush and unique biomes, suggesting alongside the camp movement mentioned above, that we'll constantly be on the move. But enough from us, let the video do the talking:

red dead redemption 2gameplay viderockstar

infi
Posted 11:56am 10/8/18
looks very slick!
breno
Posted 04:18pm 10/8/18
Well worth the extra year of polish
Steve Farrelly
Posted 04:22pm 10/8/18
Also, you can 'technically' play it on PC, you just need an Xbox to do it and Windows 10 OS :P
trog
Posted 08:28pm 10/8/18
wait how does that work?
Twisted
Posted 11:13pm 10/8/18
wait how does that work?
You just launch the Xbox app on your WIndows 10 device and connect to your Xbox. With my kids I never see my TV unless theyr'e asleep, so its easier for me to stream the Xbox to my desktop PC or Surface Pro. Can't use your mouse though, need to physically connect the controller to your computer, or alternatively if it supports bluetooth and you have a bluetooth Xbone controller, you can use that.

Looks pretty fancy, like GTA in the wild west.
infi
Posted 11:06pm 12/8/18
so this will not be on PC? that's f***ed!
funky
Posted 09:47am 13/8/18
wasn't RDR 1 only on 360 and PS3 as well? It's not really a surprise then?

looks wicked, I'm hanging out for this
Steve Farrelly
Posted 02:50pm 13/8/18
They had a job-listing, apparently, looking for PC specialists which has people assuming they'll bring it to PC later in the same way they did with GTA V. The first one apparently wasn't really able to be ported to PC because of the engine they built it on (this is all vague excuses), but they've been updating the engine and we've seen with GTA V being on PC that it's possible.

So, I guess, watch this space...
TiT
Posted 11:12am 14/8/18
I was reading article about this and with most of their titles the PC version comes out around 6months after Console version.
Murf
Posted 05:58pm 14/8/18
Yeah I expect them to release on PC sometime next year like they did with GTA5. As much as I'm looking forward to this I wont be paying for it twice not after seeing their pre-order scheme, so I will just wait for PC version. Looks well worth the wait!
BladeRunner
Posted 08:03pm 14/8/18
I'm still salty waiting for the first RDR to come to PC. It should be launched at the same f*****g time but NooOooOoOo...That being said, I pre-ordered this s*** for my PS4.

The game itself looks great. Looks nice even on the console, assuming that this is not a bait-and-switch job. Wandering around and hunting bears, fishing will be interesting. Filling hillbilly c**** with 45 caliber lead will be great.
maRtz
Posted 12:38am 17/8/18
develops game using a PC, doesn't release game for PC.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!