Recently PUBG players on Xbox One and Xbox One X have been wondering what was happening with the game - in that there had been few improvements made since launch. A sentiment that developer Bluehole recently reaffirmed, noting that it would shift efforts to improving console performance. And now the first performance patch is live.
Dubbed PUBG Xbox Patch 11
it focuses on "continued performance optimization, and stability improvements across the family of Xbox consoles." Plus improvements to inventory management, including:
Performance / Optimization / Stability
- Implemented texture changes to improve graphical performance
- Optimized vehicle profiles to improve framerate
- Additional fixes to reduce crashes
- The layout of the inventory has been improved, adding focal points to identify selected areas, a clearer button guide and tooltips
- Improved selection of weapon slots and attachments - players can change the focus and selection by using the D-Pad
- Quick scrolling has been added by using LT/RT buttons
This is all part of a Spring Roadmap
(or Autumn) for PUBG on Xbox One. Where performance is being prioritised alongside the addition of the long-overdue addition of the Miramar map.