We chat with some of the engineers at NVIDIA and go behind the scenes of the impressive Quake II RTX mod.
NVIDIA on Quake II RTX as the First Fully Ray-Traced Game
The city builder meets conquest series has been around for many years, and this new entry take the series back to the past to re-capture some magic.
Anno 1800 Review - Going Back to Move Forward
We sit down with Blizzard and the Hearthstone team to talk about what goes into designing a new card set and mechanics.
Talking Hearthstone and the New Rise of Shadows Expansion!
Does it hold up almost a decade after first exploding onto the scene?
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 04:05pm 08/03/18 | 8 Comments
Recently we had the chance to sit down with Katrina Garsten, a producer at Obsidian Entertainment working on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, to talk about the upcoming RPG. Which is due to be released early next month - April 3 to be exact.

“We've known from the beginning that we wanted to make Pillars II look as awesome as possible,” Katrina tells me. “We've introduced a lot of cool tech and we've upgraded Unity. One of my favourite things that we’ve added, is that we're now able to cast shadows from 3D objects onto our 2D environments. And they cast realistic shadows which just makes everything look incredible. There's also several little things that we've added, like birds and fish and tiny things that kind of combine with each other to make the experience that much more exciting.”

Which then extends to the bigger scope and size of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, a sequel that very much lives up to the expectation of more across the board. Improved visuals, a bigger story, more relevant and meaningful narrative choices. And a sea change.

Click Here to Read Our Full Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Interview

obsidian entertainmentobsidianpillars of eternitypillars of eternity iiinterview

fpot
Posted 02:21am 09/5/18
This game is coming out like right now.
fpot
Posted 02:45pm 10/5/18
I was having severe performance issues. Turning off gsync and using ULMB mode instead fixed it.
fpot
Posted 08:51am 12/5/18
This game is really good
G-R0nk
Posted 03:03pm 03/6/18
i've been looking around lately trying to get back into something, might check it out - been playing a bit of endless space 2 lately, being turn based is pretty good
fpot
Posted 02:08am 16/7/18
For anyone playing this game who is bothered by the performance issues some good advice here.
fpot
Posted 08:18pm 14/12/18
Anyone still playing this? I BURNT THE F*** OUT big time. The new DLC is out for it which sounded the most interesting to me but I'm not sure I can go back for a little while yet.

Also the avatar I uploaded months ago finally appeared. Does it need to be manually vetted or something?
taggs
Posted 01:44am 15/12/18
I loved it but like my usual dumbass attention span didnt finish after about 30h in. Should i go back?
fpot
Posted 11:47am 15/12/18
Yeah for sure the game is great. I pretty much got in a loop of playing it, finishing it and instantly restarting over about a seven month period. The multiclassing is fun to play around with. One thing that frustrated me was my own ability not to program custom AI routines for my companions. I tried my best to get my head around it but just couldn't. I feel it would have reduced the amount of micro-management and perhaps increased the games longevity a bit more.
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!