We take Spidey for a websling through the Big Apple. How does it fare in the superhero gaming space? Click through for more!
Hands-On with Spider-Man - Arkham by Day?
Those familiar with the Plantronics line will no doubt be pleased to learn that the new RIG 500 features excellent audio response.
Plantronics RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition Review
We go behind the scenes of Wargaming's World of Warships to discuss the process behind bringing historical vessels into the game.
The Story Behind Bringing Naval History into World of Warships
The new HTC Vive Pro offers improved VR image quality with a new notable issues.
HTC Vive Pro Review - Premium VR
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:59pm 07/02/18 | 6 Comments
And so we now get into the weeds, with only one more countdown to come later in the week. Today we bring you numbers 20 through to 11 of our list of the best videogame soundtracks of all time. Several fan favourites here, potentially even some you were hoping to see along the way. And a few surprises no doubt.

20. Grim Fandango

Platform: PC
    Year: 1998
    Composer(s): Peter McConnell

One of the last great LucasArts adventure games from the ‘90s, Grim Fandango was set in a stylistic afterlife that mixed film noir sensibility with Mexican folklore. The equally impressive soundtrack, by Peter McConnell, also happens to be one of gaming’s purest jazz albums. A genre that we rarely get to hear in the interactive space. With a broad range of styles ranging from bebop, to swing, to Latin, and all filtered through the smoky haze of life after death - this is also jazz done right. And not simple, by the numbers covers or homages. The music of Grim Fandango is rich, detailed, and feels like another character in the wonderful story.

Click Here to Read the Top 40 Game Soundtracks of All-Time (Part Three)

topvideogamesoundtracksmusicbestcountdown

fpot
Posted 04:06pm 07/2/18
Nice one having HL2 so high up there despite it's minimalist approach. HL2 had one of the most memorable musical cues of all time for me. The timing was probably coincidental but walking through one of the tunnels in the early stages of the game I came across a blackened corpse and just as I turned to look at it a really sharp synth sound blared which just suited the moment perfectly. I am in a world where a person can just die and rot in the sewers and the music suited.

Unfortunately I haven't played many of the other games in the list. Hurry up and post the top 10 already :)
Posted 05:15pm 07/2/18
Love the Nier Automata soundtrack, it's one of the only game soundtracks I've sat down and listened to over and over, outside of the game, just as background music while I'm working and stuff. Beautifully haunting music
Viper119
Posted 07:38pm 07/2/18
Yeah I can remember the HL2 sound track having ace in-game timing with events happening in the game, really worked well.

Diablo 2 is great, I really enjoy the Deus Ex tracks too.

I've just started playing Nier Automata!
dais
Posted 08:49pm 07/2/18
Aussie racing game Powerslide had an amazing soundtrack!
Darkhawk
Posted 09:41pm 07/2/18
I recorded music from Super Metroid onto cassette and used to listen to it all the time, I also had a tape that I'd fall asleep to with this:

KostaAndreadis
Posted 10:26am 08/2/18
Dark... that extended mix is awesome