Ahh the PC Open Beta of a big AAA release, a thing that rarely occurs at the same time as its console counterpart. But, always a great way to see just how well a modern FPS stacks-up both visually and in terms of combat feel. Mouse, keyboard, a kick-ass GPU. Today Activision and Sledgehammer Games have confirmed that the the Call of Duty: WWII PC Open Beta will be available to play from September 29 to October 2 PST via Steam.
Which naturally brings up the question of specs. Which strangely we only have the minimum to share, which are kind of like looking back in time a bit.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Because it seems you wont need much grunt to get Call of Duty: WWII in a playable state on PC. Development duties for the PC version are being handled by Raven Software with this Open Beta designed to give PC players their first taste of Call of Duty: Old School whilst ensuring a smooth launch come November.