Bethesda ports for Switch are now two for two thanks to the great work in bringing this classic RPG to the console
Skyrim on Nintendo Switch - Our Review!
An in-depth behind-the-scenes look at the game. And bass fishing.
How Ubisoft Bottled Beauty and Batshit Crazy for Far Cry 5
Join us on a chronological journey as we go through some of the highlights from three decades of Creative Assembly, the studio responsible for the brilliant Total War.
Celebrating 30 Years of Creative Assembly
Recently we had the chance to sit down with the head of Microsoft’s indie game service ID@Xbox, Chris Charla, to discuss all things Xbox, indie, and the future of the platform.
Talking Indies and Xbox One X with ID@Xbox Director Chris Charla
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:51pm 18/05/17 | 9 Comments
But without the input of CD Projekt RED. The announcement though does confirm that the new drama series currently in-development at Netflix will be based on The Witcher novels and will feature the involvement of creator -- Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. And if the stories and themes are anything like the games (because hey, we have no idea what 'novels' are) then we're in for a treat.

A 'dark-fantasy with parallels to our own modern existence' treat.

“Andrzej Sapkowski has created a rich and memorable world, at once magical and familiar,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix Vice President, international series. “We couldn’t be more excited about bringing Netflix members around the world.” “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” said Sapkowski. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”

With Netflix's involvement and the goal to be to create something that might just compete with Game of Thrones, we're definitely excited for this. And even though CD Projekt RED aren't involved, here's hoping they look to the games for some inspiration.

the witchernetflixannouncementdramaseries

Posted 04:06pm 18/5/17
The games were set after the novels, but used a lot of the same characters and locations and themes, so even if its not based off the stories CDPR came up with, it should still feel pretty familiar.
517H
Posted 08:31pm 18/5/17
If it was like the X-Files with individual monster episodes but an overarching conspiracy/theme then I think this could be really good
Viper119
Posted 12:51am 19/5/17
Most of Netflix's original content has been pretty great, so fingers crossed for this!
Steve Farrelly
Posted 12:06pm 19/5/17
The idea CDPR aren't involved worries me, to be honest. I've read the english versions of his books and while the concept is fantastic, they're not ground-breaking. The best storytelling around the theme comes directly from CDPR, and they've crafted a narrative line with consistency and longevity. There were also a few very bad movies based around Sapkowski's stories, and then there's the Witcher himself. How do you cast a character with the look and feel of the games without Doug C***le supplying the voice?

The ideal scenario here would be an animated series or, even better, a CG series in line with the most recent The Witcher 3 CG trailers so we could have the Geralt of Rivia we've been in love with the past decade or so. But that won't happen, and I'm verily apprehensive about it, despite it being Netflix Original now.
Posted 12:15pm 19/5/17
Well, the guy who directed those Witcher 3 CG trailers is directing the show, that got me more on board when I heard that.

I don't imagine it will go anywhere near the CDPR stuff though, considering Sapkowski is involved with the series and he pretty much hates the games and hates what CDPR did with his precious canon :(
Posted 12:14pm 19/5/17
Also, Mads Mikkelson as Geralt, needs to happen
ravn0s
Posted 06:39pm 19/5/17
zach mcgowan would be my pick.

Dondi
Posted 11:10am 20/5/17
I agree with Farrelly, if I hadn't played the games before reading the books I think they are pretty average. Unless alot is lost in the translation. Plus i hear Andrzej Sapkowski is a d***
samatt
Posted 12:02am 21/5/17
Wow this could be really good if done right. Who plays Yen?