We chat with DICE about what's changed, and can continue to change with Star Wars Battlefront II's multiplayer!
Interview: Talking Battlefront II Multiplayer with DICE
Journey meets The Legend of Zelda in the new adventure game from developer Tequila Works
A Scenic Journey Full of Mystery and Puzzles - Rime Reviewed
We sit down to talk about the latest card expansion Journey to Un'Goro, and that one time the team considered a Warcraft Babies expansion.
Talking Hearthstone with Game Director Ben Brode
We take Relic's latest RTS for a spin, a reimagining of the series as a large-scale RTS meets MOBA
Doin' It For the Space Pope - Dawn of War III Reviewed!
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 12:52pm 11/05/17 | 9 Comments
With a title "Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Concerns." you might think that it was a bit of a Star Citizen hit piece from the New York Times. Sorry, I mean 'Failing New York Times'. Thanks Donny. Anyway, the piece is a great primer into the frankly staggering success of Star Citizen's crowdfunding, and how it slowly has become one of the most ambitious games currently in development.

Development that currently has no end is sight, or even, solid information on when we can expect to get a 'retail' version of the game or its cinematic spin-off Squadron 42.

The feedback from backers is mostly positive, and reasonable.

For Matthew Slattery, 18, a Star Citizen backer from South Australia, the idea of being able to play the game while it was still in development was a big draw. He has pledged about $100 to date.

“Getting to learn the process of game development, communicate with the developers and ask questions directly to the best in the field is a very rare opportunity,” Mr. Slattery said.

With even those concerned with the development content with what they've gotten so far in terms of content. Think of it as a Star Ctizien primer or refresh. Check it out.

star citizen

Joaby
Posted 01:41pm 11/5/17
Backed Star Citizen yonks ago. I'm actually more concerned about the state of Elite Dangerous these days than I am about Star Citizen. I wonder if that's just a lost cause thing for SC or if I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. E:D on the other hand, it's doing the DayZ thing to me. They're going in directions I'm not crazy about.
WirlWind
Posted 02:37pm 11/5/17
I dropped less than the price of a full game at the start ($45 bucks I think?) and I've already had my money's worth from it.

At this point, if it's never finished, I'm content with my purchase :)
samatt
Posted 02:48pm 11/5/17
Enjoy watching the regular updates on Youtube. After a slow start it's fascinating to watch them develop across five studios worldwide and pushing many boundaries. Seem to now be on top of it with significant 3.0 release scheduled for the end of June.
Posted 05:10pm 11/5/17
I'm a bit suprised, Star Citizen backers are more patient than I expected. I would have thought with no actual game by now or even an end in sight. people would be demanding refunds and jumping ship.

Its easy to be ambitious and have big plans and big ideas, anyone can come up with ideas, executing on that ambition and those ideas and producing an actual real product is the important part, and thats an area Chris Roberts has had plenty of trouble with in the past and appears to be having trouble with yet again. If all it took was ambition and big ideas, Peter Molyneux would be the greatest game developer of all time.
Twisted
Posted 10:54pm 11/5/17
I forgot this game was even in development...
Vash
Posted 12:24am 12/5/17
The original date set for release was probably expecting a far less amount of funding. I'm a backer and im fine with development taking longer for a game with more features. I know if i was Roberts i'd do the same.
Psycho
Posted 01:25am 12/5/17
Yep I'm a backer as well...at this rate I think we might actually be living in space when the game gets released. :) Still, history has shown it was the crazy visionaries that often preempted stuff, even if they didn't achieve it themselves.
BladeRunner
Posted 05:03am 12/5/17
I backed it but I have not been paying much attention to it in the past 2-3 years lol. I wonders what has happened with it.
Toxus
Posted 09:14pm 12/5/17
3.0 release is close now and that will be the first iteration of the planet landing. getting closer and closer :P
You must be logged in to post a comment. Log in now!