Although Call of Duty World League Global Pro League is a bit of a mouthful it will house 16 Call of Duty teams from around the globe across two stages of competition, with each offering USD $700,000 in prizes. Not too shabby, especially when the outcome will affect the placement in the Call of Duty World League Championship, where another USD $1.5M will be up for grabs. Taking place in Columbus, Ohio, Stage 1 kicks off this weekend with Australia's Mindfreak going up against some stiff competition.
Presented by PlayStation 4, the matches will be streamable via the in-game viewer and over at MLG
The Stage 1 divisions are as follow (thankfully OpTic Gaming are in a different bracket).
- Team EnVyUs, Splyce, Cloud 9, Mindfreak – April 21 - 23
- FaZe Clan, Rise Nation, Fnatic, Evil Geniuses – April 28 - 30
- eUnited, Luminosity Gaming, Millenium, Epsilon – May 5 - 7
- OpTic Gaming, Red Reserve, Enigma6 Group, Elevate – May 12 - 14
- Playoffs of the top eight teams – May 21 - 23