Usually the first patch for a big AAA release like Mass Effect: Andromeda would be aimed at fixing any glaring bugs, glitches, or stuff that could potentially break the game. But with a lot of the launch feedback surrounding the new Mass Effect centered on and around the animation, and how weird and often poor some of it looked, BioWare has already begun to address these concerns. With the developer also pointing to future animation fixes and improvements we can expect to see in the future.
Version 1.05 of Mass Effect: Andromeda, kicks thing off with improvements made to the lip syncing and facial animations among other changes. Like the weird zig-zag run that Ryder does.
Here be the full patch notes.
- Improved tutorial placement
- Increased inventory limits
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
Future patches for the game are said to continue the work being done to address the animation concerns, improve and expand on the player creation tool, and also rework the male romance options for Scott Ryder for the better.