We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:09pm 05/12/16 | 8 Comments
In a surprising announcement at the PlayStation Experience event over the weekend, we got our first look at The Last of Us Part II -- the sequel to Naughty Dog's cinematic post-apocalyptic PS3 hit. Although still early on in development, we got a nice (and decidedly grim) poetic teaser trailer and word from the studio on how a sequel wasn't a foregone conclusion.

I can’t tell you how satisfying it is to finally be able to say that Ellie and Joel are back for another intense, harrowing, and emotional adventure. Like many of you, we have a deep love for the world of The Last of Us and its characters, and while a sequel may have seemed like a foregone conclusion, it wasn’t the case. We knew that it needed to be a story worth telling and, perhaps more importantly, a story worthy of Joel and Ellie. After spending years on different ideas (and almost giving up), we finally uncovered a story that felt special—a story that evolved into an epic journey.

It’s still early days for the project–the game’s release is a ways off–but we couldn’t wait any longer to give you a glimpse of what’s to come.

No release window has been set but The Last of Us Part II will be released for PlayStation 4.

the last of ussequelannouncementpost-apocalypticplaystation 4playstation experiencefirst look

deadlyf
Posted 04:18pm 05/12/16
real shame that Nasty Dog make PS exclusives, I tried playing this game but the controls s*** me too much and I didn't get far. Same reason I never bought any of the Uncharted series.
Vash
Posted 04:19pm 05/12/16
KB + Mouse adapter, deadlyf.
I dont play ps4 without it anymore.
ravn0s
Posted 04:57pm 05/12/16
Spook
Posted 08:24pm 05/12/16
while i agree console exclusives are dumb, last of us was f*****g awesome (and so were unchartered).

you'd have to be full mong to not be able to play it with ps4 controller, its fine for single player.
Obes
Posted 09:55pm 05/12/16
"The last of us" is still my favorite single player game.
BladeRunner
Posted 10:22pm 05/12/16
I think the Last of Us is over hyped. It was good from what I can remember playing of it but I did not find it that good.

+1 for controls sucking too. but then again it is on console. If I did not have a PC I would probably buy an adapter to play games on it with M+KB. Releasing it on PC would probably help my opinion of it though.
Viper119
Posted 10:19pm 06/12/16
I agree exclusives are dumb, but I bought a PS4 just to play The Last of Us and the Uncharted's, and it was totally worth it. So I guess that strategy works.
Spook
Posted 06:37am 07/12/16

lolz, i bought ps4 coz i thought dark souls 3 would be ps4 exclusive.