Of the "the game drops down to 15 fps during large open world environments" variety. Which, is not a good thing. As one of the most anticipated holiday releases of 2016, many have been waiting patiently to get their hands on Dishonored 2. So much so that the Steam page has seen a deluge of negative feedback relating to performance woes since the game launched earlier today. In response, and ahead of any impending patch, Bethesda has posted a few tips
that hopefully will improve things for players.
Although 15fps represents some of the worst of the feedback, frame-rate dips seem to be present across the board even for those with the very best video cards.
Here's the info from Bethesda.
We are aware that some of you may be encountering issues with Dishonored 2 on PC. Please take a moment to review our recommendations to help better your experience.
- Avoid using Alt-Tab when playing. Relaunch the game if you see performance dropping after using Alt-tab.
- Avoid having background applications running in addition to the game.
- If you have performance issues, try lowering the resolution.
- Use 1440p resolution only if you have a very high-end GPU ( GTX 1070/1080 or equivalent)
- Keep the V-Sync activated, especially if you have large framerate fluctuations.
- If you have framerate under 30 fps, adjust the “Adaptive Resolution” between minimum (50%) and default value (75%).
- Use the “Auto” presets: this should adjust your visual settings without impacting your framerate.
- If you still have performance issues with “Auto” presets:
- Try deactivating the “TXAA Anti-Aliasing”
- Try lowering the texture details
If any of you have the PC version of Dishonored 2 please let us know if you've been experiencing performance issues.