After the debut of brand new Overwatch hero Ana Amari, Blizzard has patched Overwatch on PC to give the character a bit of a buff. In the form of a 20% boost to fire-rate, as well as a bigger magazine for her Biotic Rifle. Also included in the patch, a slight nerf to the range and effectiveness of McCree, a character that has seen his fair share of buffs, nerfs, buffs, and nerfs, since the game launched in May.
Ana balance changes
- Rate of fire increased by 20%
- Magazine size increased from 8 to 10
Developer Comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.
McCree balance changes
- Primary Fire Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
- Damage falloff amount is unchanged
- As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
- Alternate Fire - Rate of fire increased by 15%
- Flashbang Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds
Developer Comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.
Now, with a cast as huge as Overwatch's these sort of changes are to be expected, and will probably continue for the foreseeable future.