We take Spidey for a websling through the Big Apple. How does it fare in the superhero gaming space? Click through for more!
Hands-On with Spider-Man - Arkham by Day?
Those familiar with the Plantronics line will no doubt be pleased to learn that the new RIG 500 features excellent audio response.
Plantronics RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition Review
We go behind the scenes of Wargaming's World of Warships to discuss the process behind bringing historical vessels into the game.
The Story Behind Bringing Naval History into World of Warships
The new HTC Vive Pro offers improved VR image quality with a new notable issues.
HTC Vive Pro Review - Premium VR
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 02:52pm 06/05/16 | 9 Comments
So, this is probably your last chance to take a guess as to when and where the next game will be set. Will it be a World War I Battlefield, as the rumours of the past few months have been hinting at? Or will the series go back to the familiar setting of World War II: The Second One. Either way we'll find out bright and early tomorrow morning (about 6am AEST), so stay tuned.

Who knows maybe it'll be set in the distant future, the year 2941. An will include the stuff we all like to see now, proecdurally generated things. Procedurally generated planets, weapons, characters, maps, hell even procedurally generated DLC as part of the Season Pass.

Anyway the point is this teaser doesn't show much apart from a dude's face. We could sit here and try and take it apart and dissect each frame, is that mud on his face, is that an old-timey jacket he's wearing? But that would be ridiculous.

Personally though, I think the time is right to go back to the World War II setting. With all the fictional quasi-futuristic battles of late it'd be nice to take part in a virtual war that means something again.

battlefieldteaserbattlefield 5

BladeRunner
Posted 04:03pm 06/5/16
I would put my money on WWII / 1944. If its not, I will be displeased.
Some Fat Bastard
Posted 06:43pm 06/5/16
World War 2 or I'm outta here.

Korea wouldn't be too bad either. Have had enough of modern warfare games.
Theonlyway
Posted 08:33pm 06/5/16
Hopefully it's something in the 2142 franchise. At the end of BF4 the DLC was based around the early designs of the titans/hover craft etc
ravn0s
Posted 09:40pm 06/5/16
World War 2 or I'm outta here.

the coat seems to suggest that era.
Posted 12:38am 07/5/16
Plot twist, its set in the future where soldiers use advanced VR simulations to train and re-enact great battles from different time periods in history, and it includes WW1 and WW2 and Vietnam and all different eras, Assassin's Creed style.
Some Fat Bastard
Posted 01:14am 07/5/16
^ that would be f*****' awesome.
Steve Farrelly
Posted 03:42am 07/5/16
I'm actually out here at the reveal and will have stacks of info going up a bit later on :)
BladeRunner
Posted 06:18am 07/5/16
WWI by the looks of it. I am not sure about this setting. Sure, we will get bolt action rifles and such but at what cost. No Tiger and Sherman tanks or MG42s. This is my initial reaction, Maybe when full info comes, it will have some sweetness to it.

hyXJIEJ.jpg

Edit: Oh well. No BF1944 or 2143. I has a sad.
Some Fat Bastard