Fun, funny, and just all-around great. An action-RPG gem.
Nobody Saves the World Review - A Surprise Gem
Kratos and Boy! make the circle-button leap to PC... in a port worthy of the Gods.
God of War PC Review
As an external solution for backwards compatible titles the WD_BLACK D30 makes a lot of sense.
WD_BLACK D30 Game Drive SSD Review
Join us as we go through the best games of the year, one day at a time from January 1...
We Countdown Our Top 10 Games of 2021!
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:21pm 14/04/16 | 21 Comments
Starting this weekend (Saturday, April 16 at 2:00am AEST through to Sunday, April 17 at 2:00pm AEST to be exact) Overwatch will be opening up to more players for a new round of stress testing. Outside of an open beta this is the next best thing. So if you haven't had the chance to spend time with Blizzard's fantastic new hero shooter here's your chance. Although, the only real way to know if you've been selected is if you sit there and watch to see if an Install button on the Overwatch tab in the Battle.net application appears sometime tomorrow.

During the Beta Test Weekend, all players (including those currently in the Closed Beta) will have access to the full roster of 21 heroes and a limited selection of maps: Hanamura, Route 66, and Nepal. Certain features will also be unavailable during this Beta Test Weekend including Weekly Brawl! and Competitive Play. Since this is a stress test, we're primarily interested in your technical feedback, like how Overwatch runs on your system, your experience with the beta servers, critical bug reports, and other game-impacting problems. One of our goals is to push our hardware to the limit, so don't be surprised if you experience performance issues or run into unexpected downtime—that's all part of the process.

To find out more about the beta test weekend head on over to the official site.

overwatchbeta testbattle.net

WirlWind
Posted 03:02pm 15/4/16
I FINALLY GOT MY KEY ;_;
Posted 03:19pm 15/4/16
If the Australian servers are still down from the last patch, it wont be much point playing it. They tweaked the netcode recently, and its an improvement when you're on a good ping, but it makes playing on a high ping almost impossible now
ravn0s
Posted 07:00pm 15/4/16
bah that sucks. i just got in too. :(
Posted 07:14pm 15/4/16
I don't think it officially starts for us till 2am, so local servers might come up then
Midda
Posted 09:12pm 15/4/16
Just found an invite in my mail. Guess I'll install it!

Should I set my region to Americas? Asia?
ravn0s
Posted 09:51pm 15/4/16
americas.
ravn0s
Posted 03:27pm 16/4/16
game is pretty fun. not sure if it's $90 worth of fun though.
Posted 03:41pm 16/4/16
Well, considering all the DLC will be free, probably ends up cheaper overall than a lot of games these days that put all the DLC behind a sold separately 'season pass'. Yeah, it is steep though for a multiplayer only game. I'm suprised they don't sell a bare bones edition without the skins and extra stuff, I'm sure theres people who'd go for that who don't give a s*** about skins and bonus goodies.

Edit: Oh, there is now, $69 for that version
carson
Posted 04:30pm 16/4/16
Is there a way to see your ping in game? I was having a great first game, then my second game went to s*** and I have no idea what my ping was.

I'm defs going to lay down the cash for this though. The characters are great fun, and the gameplay is smooth.
deeper
Posted 04:40pm 16/4/16
10 minute server queues are annoying me though, not giving me much chance of getting in gameplay.
Midda
Posted 05:24pm 16/4/16
When they first announced it, I expected it'd be free to play. Had a quick go of the beta, and it's good, but I dunno. I'd be hard-pressed to spend $20 on it.

Competitive multiplayer interests me less every passing day.
Posted 05:30pm 16/4/16
Yeah, Ctrl+Shift+R shows ping and other stats. I think you can turn it on/off in the options somewhere too
WirlWind
Posted 05:35pm 16/4/16
WTB - Australian servers :(

Been only getting 160+ ms latency games.

I mean, it handles it VERY well, for the most part, but my god it makes Mei and some other chars a PITA to play.
ravn0s
Posted 06:19pm 16/4/16

odd, i got into games straight away.
Posted 09:29pm 16/4/16
yeah, just played a bunch of games, no queues
Saber
Posted 09:00am 17/4/16
game of the year
deeper
Posted 11:55am 17/4/16
I played from 8:30pm-6am, so I guess I must be enjoying myself too.
carson
Posted 02:49pm 17/4/16
Well the beta is over. I was having so much fun too. Well, this definitely made me pre-order. The game is f*****g tight.
WirlWind
Posted 12:47pm 18/4/16
Yuuup, gonna be pre-ordering it next pay-day for sure.

Bring on the OB and Launch :D
TiT
Posted 05:34pm 18/4/16
Yeah I did enjoy it as well. Bit disappointed they closed it down. Just getting into it.
Trin
Posted 06:46pm 18/4/16
DeePer you're a fking machineeeeee