We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:09pm 19/10/15 | 7 Comments
Playing into nostalgia is a marketing tactic that has been used for years, decades even. There was even a Mad Men episode that dealt with this very personal, and seemingly manipulative approach to marketing. And that was set in the 1960s, long before stuff like Star Wars, Transformers, and Teenage Turtle People existed. So why then is the new ad for Star Wars Battlefront so effective? Well, when nostalgia works it works. As in the water-works begin. Excuse me for a moment, I seem to have something stuck in my eye.

Now, the video of course is pretty light game footage. Or even letting you know what the game is about. And after watching it you'd probably be thinking that Star Wars Battlefront was an aerial combat game set in the Star Wars universe. But that doesn't matter, as it completely sells the idea that Battlefront aims to capture that Star Wars feel. Which in this case is the fun, spectacle, and imagination that was sparked by three films from 1977 - 1983.

star wars battlefronttrailerstar warsnostalgiamarketingbattlefront

HurricaneJim
Posted 03:12pm 19/10/15
Except Fallout 4 will be better....
Posted 03:51pm 19/10/15
0pDADai0Du.png
Meddek
Posted 05:16pm 19/10/15
Yeah my backlog of games isn't going down anytime soon.

The Evil Within
Dragon Age
Witcher 3
Lego Jurassic Park
MGS5
Fallout 4
Battlefront
Viper119
Posted 05:27pm 19/10/15
Man my games backlog gives me mild anxiety.
BladeRunner
Posted 08:10pm 19/10/15
Yeah I got a laundry list of games to get to but probably never will. I need a clone or 2 to help me finish them off.
Meddek
Posted 08:54pm 19/10/15
Despite the flaws the game had in the beta it does an amazing job capturing the feel of the Star Wars universe and I'll play the s*** out of it just for that.
Posted 09:37pm 19/10/15

Thats pretty much how I feel about it too. It was flawed, it made me rage hard at times, and if it was any other game I'd kick it to the curb and not give it a second glance. But it so awesomely captures the feeling of being IN the Star Wars universe, with the sounds and the little touches like jet pack guys spiralling out of control when they die, that I just have to get it.