Bethesda's epic sci-fi RPG is here, and it's a big one. From shipbuilding to exploring the surface of Mars, our thoughts so far.
Starfield Review... In Progress
The first trailer for Grand Theft Auto 6 is finally here.
Grand Theft Auto 6 Trailer
We take an in-depth look at Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and tell you why it should be heavily on your radar!
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - a Deep-Dive into its Potential
Range-wise, the ROG Rapture GT6 is phenomenal, and it's ideal for all gaming and non-gaming-related tasks.
ASUS ROG Rapture GT6 WiFi 6 Mesh System Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 03:15pm 28/09/15 | 10 Comments
Ahead of its release next week Activision has dropped a new video for Transformers: Devastation, one where developer Platinum Games goes into detail about the game and their design philosophy. Plus, it's another excuse to basically fawn over how good this looks. For anyone that grew up with the cartoon series, this should definitely be on your radar.

From this new look we do learn that the story takes place during the never-ending war between the Autobots and the Decepticons (naturally), but this time with the evil Decepticons traveling to Earth in an attempt to Terra-form the planet into Cybertron 2.0. Of course Optimus Prime and co are having none of that nonsense and have taken it upon themselves to save the planet.

From a combat perspective Devastation will be very different to the recent run of Transformers games that were kind of like Gears of War with Robots, and more in line with the other action titles from developer Platinum Games. This means a heavy focus on melee combat, with combos, and spectacularly over-the-top animation. A definite fit for the franchise.

Transformers: Devastation is out next week, on October 6, and will be available on just about every platform.

transformersplatinum gamesdevastation

Raven
Posted 07:14pm 28/9/15
Not sure I'm the target audience for this game, but I like what I see. Definitely going to give it a go.
Raven
Posted 11:06am 08/10/15
So, anyone got around to giving this a try now that it's available?

I plan to go game shopping tonight, but it's a choice between this or Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection.

I've not played any Uncharted games before.
Posted 11:20am 08/10/15
If you haven't played Uncharted before, definitely get the collection. By all accounts its a pretty good conversion, makes them look really good on PS4, and Uncharted 2 is possibly one of the greatest games of all time.
Raven
Posted 12:02pm 08/10/15
So I need to play Uncharted 1 before 2, otherwise it'll feel like trying to play AC1 after playing AC2 first - a huge step backwards?
Tollaz0r!
Posted 12:39pm 08/10/15
It's getting fairly solid results on metacritic both critic and user. Single player only though, if that's your thing.
Raven
Posted 12:40pm 08/10/15
Works for me, multiplayer has a requirement of friends.
Enska
Posted 12:57pm 08/10/15
Keep in mind that Uncharted 1 hasn't aged well at all, even with the hd treatment it got for the collection. It's also probably the most tedious combat wise (though tbh the combat is the weakest part of all uncharted games imo). get through it first and be done with it.

Oh, yeah.. Transformers game looks cool. Big Platinum fan so I'll pick it up at some stage.
Posted 02:35pm 08/10/15
I'd almost say just skip Uncharted 1, but I guess if you're buying the whole collection you might want to play it for completeness. The stories between the games don't really follow on though, each one is its own self-contained story, a lot of the same characters come back but nobody really gets explored in any great depth in the first game so even if you jumped straight into the second one you'd pick it all up.

I was gonna say, that Transformers game looks really cool but I don't think I'd pay full price for it, but then after looking it up it appears its selling at a budget price anyway. Nice!
Raven
Posted 05:06pm 08/10/15
"Full price" is $49 at EB at the moment, which is almost discount games territory. I might just pick them both up and stick it on the pile before it goes up in price. If I get to EB and it's $59, maybe I'll wait a couple of months.
Meddek
Posted 11:30am 09/10/15
I love Transformers but after watching the trailer I get the feeling Devastation will just become a boring button mashing game