18 years after the conclusion of Shenmue II, Yu Suzuki returns with the long-awaited crowdfunded sequel - decades in the making.
Shenmue III Review - Party Like its 1999
We sit down with Game Director Jeff Kaplan and Lead Designer Geoff Goodman to discuss story versus PvP, sound design, Push, and the game’s interesting launch plans.
Overwatch 2 – The Big Interview
We've run Red Dead Redemption 2 through its PC paces as the series finally lands on the Desktop platform!
Red Dead Redemption 2 is Finally on PC - How Does it Fare?
We've taken to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order like a Womprat to sand. But how does it hold up?
Light or Dark? Our In-Depth Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Review
Post by KostaAndreadis @ 02:34pm 14/08/15 | 12 Comments
A newly announced mode for the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront, Supremacy, will see two teams vying for control over, err, control points. Five of them. The mode will also feature all the vehicles available in the game so expect to see a few Tie Fighters and X-Wings flying around as you capture points. Of the control variety.

Does it all sound a little familiar? Say, like a certain Conquest mode in a certain Battlefield game? Well, that's because Supremacy is the Star Wars Battlefront version of the popular Battlefield mainstay. Albeit, with a few twists. Like being able to take powerful hero characters like Darth Vader and Boba Fett, and use them strategically in the capturing of control points.

"Supremacy is a game mode that will excite fans of the Conquest mode from Battlefield. That said, we’ve made several tweaks to improve the formula. You will always spawn close to the action when you enter Supremacy, so you’ll never feel isolated from the fight. By focusing on one key point at a time, players not playing the objective and camping on a hill somewhere will be a rare sight." Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall

For more, head to the official site.

battlefrontstar wars battlefrontstar wars

Tollaz0r!
Posted 04:00pm 14/8/15
Ohhhh, they are really pushing new boundries with this game.

Still, Star Wars that sounds like Star Wars. I'm in :(
tspec
Posted 07:52pm 14/8/15
I read today there's going to be no single player campaign which is a bit disappointing.

Posted 08:16pm 14/8/15
Yeah, too many announcements about lame game modes like team deathmatch and this, and then no campaign either, is putting me off a bit. If it was any other FPS I wouldn't bother at this point, but it just looked so awesomely Star Wars in the trailers that I'll probably still have to get it. Just feels like a missed opportunity, I was hoping for some more interesting game modes and some more unique, iconic Star Wars scenarios to play through and stuff. Now though I'm worried most servers are just going to run these boring standard game modes because they appeal to the mouth breathers and it'll be COD with laser guns.
BladeRunner
Posted 10:52pm 14/8/15
I am fine with out a single player campaign, I am not getting it for a single player story anyway. I would like bot matches though. Personally I was hoping for a Battlefield 3-4 re-skinned with a Star Wars theme. Have to wait and see what happens with servers and what people gravatate towards. I hope people mostly go for Control point game mode, at least on the PC version.
Posted 11:21pm 14/8/15
I want more uniquely themed objectives I guess since its going so hard for the legit Star Wars vibe. I want to Assault the rebels on Hoth as the Empire, or try and protect the base and get the Ion canons online to defend the transports as they get away as the Rebels. I want to take out the shield for the Death Star on the moon of endor while other people in the team are in ships up in space waiting to do a run on the Death Star itself. I want some new stuff we haven't seen before, like be part of the team stealing the plans for the original Death Star. Seems like theres SO much potential with the engine and the game they've built and they're squandering it on boring game modes and making it just reskinned Battlefield.
BladeRunner
Posted 05:31am 15/8/15
That does sound cool, more star wars-ey. When you put it like that, it does seem like a missed opportunity. I would not say Battlefront is an exact clone/re-skin of Battlefield though.
tspec
Posted 10:38am 15/8/15

Yeah, I'll no doubt still pick it up because it does look awesome, if there are decent bots and lan options then I'll be happy enough. If graphically this game is going to set a precedent for what star wars games can look and feel like, I'm sure Disney won't miss the opportunity to put out a hundred more star wars games in the coming years and that will cover most genres, both story driven and multiplayer.
Crakaveli
Posted 11:51am 15/8/15
Don;t hold your breath on their being LAN support.
Crakaveli
Posted 11:52am 15/8/15
Don;t hold your breath on there being LAN support.
KostaAndreadis
Posted 02:50pm 15/8/15
Well, the co-op only Missions should have some light narrative. If they're objective based and modelled after Star Wars moments, like doing stuff on Endor or Hoth then that should work better than a single-player campaign. Hopefully.
Tollaz0r!
Posted 08:16am 16/8/15
I'd like a tactical shooter mode, like Counter Strike: StarWars Offensive. lolz
FSCB
Posted 09:58pm 17/8/15
@Blade Runner: you want a reskinned version of BF3/4...Really? You mean two poor games from the BF franchise that were glitchy and buggy months into release?
Two games that had less features (such as poorly made rush modes and less destruction physics) and worse map design than previous games in the series?

No wonder DICE keeps dropping the standard with consumers who will eat any crap sandwich they are sold.